Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Silver
    2000 z28

Silver
    2000 z28

i did a quick look under the back of the car and saw the torque arm but i didnt see the other smaller piece in the picture but you seem like you know what ur talkin about so i think im gonna go the route you did with the parts when i drop it buuut itll prolly be a little while $ a lil short and i dont wanna do one part at a time on that like i have been on the performance stuff

white
    2000 camaro z28

Is my tranny mount on my A4 2000 Z28 a dealer only item? Appreciate any help. When I take off at over half throttle I feel a hard thump on my floorboard. Have busted them in the past on 3rd gens, but this car is my first 4th gen. Thanks.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00ls-1 View Post
    i did a quick look under the back of the car and saw the torque arm but i didnt see the other smaller piece in the picture but you seem like you know what ur talkin about so i think im gonna go the route you did with the parts when i drop it buuut itll prolly be a little while $ a lil short and i dont wanna do one part at a time on that like i have been on the performance stuff
    that other smaller part you wont have stock. you as stock have what is called a long arm torque arm, where it connects to the transmission tail shaft. the picture i showed is a short arm. that is why that third piece is there..so the torque arm can mount to something. they are called tunnel mounts

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 10xowner View Post
    Is my tranny mount on my A4 2000 Z28 a dealer only item? Appreciate any help. When I take off at over half throttle I feel a hard thump on my floorboard. Have busted them in the past on 3rd gens, but this car is my first 4th gen. Thanks.
    you should be able to buy a transmission mount almost anywhere. are you looking to go poly or staying oem rubber ?

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 10xowner View Post
    also..does the shifter shake a lot and move up and down during acceleration ? if it doesn't i may be your torque arm mount.

Silver
    2000 z28

i honestly dont know whatever gives a better ride/performance but poly should last longer so if im gonna spend the money anyway i might as well go with the best

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00ls-1 View Post
    i honestly dont know whatever gives a better ride/performance but poly should last longer so if im gonna spend the money anyway i might as well go with the best
    that was directed towards 10xowner.

Silver
    2000 z28

as far as i can tell none of my stuff is worn out yet as far as bushings n stuff but i may have a ujoint goin bad sometimes goin to reverse from drive it makes a bang noise from the back ive seen it in my company truck before there was no slack at all but the cap was broken amd it got in a bind when going from forward to reverse gears

Silver
    2000 z28

my bad lol

black
    1999 camaro SS

the tunnel mount TA is better for drag than anything else. you can still use it on the street perfectly fine but it's harder to route dual exhaust around it. also if you do go that route, look into 3 point SFC's. it will really tie it all together very tight. I have a long arm TA with a relo bracket and a bmr tunnel brace in between my 3 point SFC's. I haven't driven it yet so I don't know how that's all gonna feel but this way if I want to run TD's and the tunnel brace is in the way, I can take it off alot easier than taking off the short arm TA with tunnel brace

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information