White
    09 G8 GT

Question Clutch fluid changing

I searched for "hydraulic clutch fluid" and found a thread from '05, just figured I'd start a new one instead of posting in almost a 4yr old discussion. 04 w/ 57,000 miles, was spraying some silicone grease on the hood latch this afternoon and decided to take the cap off the clutch fluid reservoir-its almost BLACK, albeit still full. Clutch seems to work fine-now I read the TSB on this that says "do not replace fluid" but, that can't be GOOD can it? Can I change it out myself(difficulty-wise...I'd consider myself "mechanically inclined" but never bled brakes or a clutch system before) Replacement fluid is DOT-3 brake right? thanks for any info..

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    I searched for "hydraulic clutch fluid" and found a thread from '05, just figured I'd start a new one instead of posting in almost a 4yr old discussion. 04 w/ 57,000 miles, was spraying some silicone grease on the hood latch this afternoon and decided to take the cap off the clutch fluid reservoir-its almost BLACK, albeit still full. Clutch seems to work fine-now I read the TSB on this that says "do not replace fluid" but, that can't be GOOD can it? Can I change it out myself(difficulty-wise...I'd consider myself "mechanically inclined" but never bled brakes or a clutch system before) Replacement fluid is DOT-3 brake right? thanks for any info..
    DOT-4. I use the "turkey baster" method and suck out the black fluid and refill with fresh fluid.

Thread Information