Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    whats your problem?
    I dont have a problem with you or anyone else specifically. It's just that lately alot of threads get turned into political debates. There is a section on this site for just that purpose.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

in this instance he is not trying to disprove a the Christian God.

I myself am Christian, but I shun away from pagan worship practices such as easter and christmas because they are not biblical in any way whatsoever.

Easter is an ancient pagan festival of fertility. When christians wake up early in the morning to observe the SUN RISE IN THE EAST, I shudder for their souls.

sun worship is pretty much satan worship as far as the bible is concerned.

The WORD "Easter" has pagan roots. The practice of the Easter holiday is very much one of the Christian faith. Many christians will differ with you on that Modulistic.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    The WORD "Easter" has pagan roots. The practice of the Easter holiday is very much one of the Christian faith. Many christians will differ with you on that Modulistic.

well Im not one to get in the way of those folks happiness or success, but they should know that the path into hell is easy and wide:
    Romans 16: 17-19
    17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

The bible is pretty clear that most people will be deceived.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by lakmflx View Post
    I dont have a problem with you or anyone else specifically. It's just that lately alot of threads get turned into political debates. There is a section on this site for just that purpose.
    its a discussion board, man, Im not trying to be a jerk, but if I think something is relevant to a topic expressed in a thread, im going to bring it up.

usually people automatically jump on my case over it and thats where the problems start.

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

I understand that, but like i said i wasnt jumping on anyone in particular.

Just look how this thread deviated to a debate from a simple link to a chicken shitting an egg at you.

gray
    07 duramax

lol. why is that a bad thing?

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

well Im not one to get in the way of those folks happiness or success, but they should know that the path into hell is easy and wide:
    Romans 16: 17-19
    17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

The bible is pretty clear that most people will be deceived.
    That Christ died for our sins and then arose from the dead to ascend to heaven. We celebrate Easter for that and you feel we are being deceived?

I don't feel it is evil to remember Christ in that way.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I dont even know why there is any dispute about this. It should be common knowledge that Christmas and Easter are both valid celebrations within the christian community BUT the dates were derived to coincide with the dates of pagan holidays in order to make a smoother transition from the pagan religion to christianity. What Modullistic said was true however his strong beliefs have made him lock out what should be important. If you believe in christ then celebrate his birth and death even though the dates may be distorted. This statement by Mod is true "Easter is an ancient pagan festival of fertility" and this is also true "So why do we celebrate Christ’s birthday as Christmas, on December the 25th? The answer lies in the pagan origins of Christmas. In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast. In 350, Pope Julius I declared that Christ’s birth would be celebrated on December 25. There is little doubt that he was trying to make it as painless as possible for pagan Romans (who remained a majority at that time) to convert to Christianity. The new religion went down a bit easier, knowing that their feasts would not be taken away from them."

It is undeniable that the dates were distorted to help people convert to christianity and the world wasnt really much different 2000 years ago. Anyone in any kind of powerful position (religious or not) relies heavily on politics to get the job done and try to make everyone happy. That is what went on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information