Thread: New Rifle

New Rifle

Placed the order over Thanksgiving weekend and took four months to arrive after shit hit the fan back in December. LWRC 6.8 SPC M6A2 and I even lucked out and was able to get 10 30 round mags before everything disappeared.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

You're so lucky. Those 30 round mags are worth their weight in gold right now. You should not have posted that you have them because the government is now reading emails and websites. They will be knocking on our doors to take our weapons before long. I wish I were kidding about that but I'm not.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Former federal LEO....don't give a fuck about them knowing or not. I hear what you're saying though.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Local gun store has several 22+ round magazines for my hand gun. I actually picked up an extra magazine the last time I went to the range just so I could have 3.

Nice looking gun, Will.

What's the primary use? Fun at the range?

red
    95 Z28

Great rifle but not cheap to feed (nothing is right now). I just saw what 6.8 was going for. $1.25+ per round on gunbroker. ouch

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

No shit. I saw HP's the other day for one of mine and they were ON SALE for $24.99...for 20 rounds. That's just stupid.

Highly considering doing my own reloads. Heard that even finding the dye's are tough now though.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    No shit. I saw HP's the other day for one of mine and they were ON SALE for $24.99...for 20 rounds. That's just stupid.

Highly considering doing my own reloads. Heard that even finding the dye's are tough now though.
    Finding supplies is tough but you can find them if you look hard enough. Primers are by far the hardest things to find, then slugs. Powder is still around

blue
    1999 TransAm

wow! that is nice!
    Last edited by wileyCoyote; 04-15-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: correction

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Obama did say if he could not get rid of guns on the street that he would make it too expensive to fire them. Just look at cigarettes. in NYC cigarettes are 15 dollars per pack. Nuff said.

Local gun store has several 22+ round magazines for my hand gun. I actually picked up an extra magazine the last time I went to the range just so I could have 3.

Nice looking gun, Will.

What's the primary use? Fun at the range?
    Range and home protection. I had shot LWRCs previously and really liked the rifle, so I was willing to spend the extra cash on one. Others I had looked at were Daniel Defense, Smith & Wesson, etc. I grew up with guns and own many, this is my first AR though. I bought an Izmash Saiga-12 off of a friend last summer for $800 already decked out....looks like I lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Great rifle but not cheap to feed (nothing is right now). I just saw what 6.8 was going for. $1.25+ per round on gunbroker. ouch
    Yea, it's ridiculous. Over the past few weekends I've lucked out at Bass Pro and was able to buy a few dozen boxes of 00 buck. Also lucked out through Cabelas and got some Winchester military grade. Not a doomsday preacher or anything, just don't know when this stuff will be back on shelves so I buy when I can.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post

Obama did say if he could not get rid of guns on the street that he would make it too expensive to fire them. Just look at cigarettes. in NYC cigarettes are 15 dollars per pack. Nuff said.
    Yea I hear ya there. You can still find ammo cheap...just getting harder, for sure. You have to keep searching and calling because as soon as it comes in, people are buying it out. 9mm reloads I can get all day long for 13.99 for a box of 50. 357 SIG ammo is 32 for a box of 50. Cabela's was on crack with their HP prices. Problem with 357 SIG ammo is it's not common, even before this cluster fuck mess. Btw- they are 12/pack in Chicago lol. People still smoke them though. Only 5.50 here in IN...30 min away.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Last time I was in Zion IL I saw 5 bucks a pack, so it must be a Chicago thing at 12 a pack. Though I was in IL last like 2 years ago so it could have changed.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

No, it's definitely a Chicago thing. Same with gas there. City tax

Thread Information