Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oil pressure

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Jay37 View Post
    Hell yeah what happened to the days of talking about this drunk, in the burger king parking lot, while on standby to go to jail for wrecking another car and another small block!

Any ways. yeah I see that know. Still can't figure that double oil feed thing though, hate to say it but it seems like the bypass restrictor would have to be pushed out.
    maybe... the chunkys biult up in the filter, cocked the bypass out, causing the double feed, and Like the sarge said, the chunkys got in the pump and such causing the low pressure... reaching for the stars
    You mean Jack in the Box parking lot
    No the bypass only activates when the pressure is +/- certain PSI. That PSI is never reached to activate it. Same as a bypass built into an oil filter. When +/- 12PSI differential (or so depening on the filter specs) is reached then the bypass activates. It does this of course to not burn up a motor if the filter becaomes clogged. It activates when the pressure differential is reached and bypasses the oil filter.

I am real curious if our young engine builder here used Gasket maker stuff anywhere....but I am suspecting if he did...it was on the pump to block area which explains a shitload to me.
    Think about it

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

And by the way....My hat is off to this young man....getting out there and getting after a rather difficult build.....Keep the hobby alive man......
    Good man....

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ +1 on that!

various
    1986 Turbo 944

I was thinking about what u said sarge. I did put gasket make there. Is that not right? I figured everything else had a gasket. This was my first build so don't be too hard if I screwed up, that's why I am here asking for help.

Black
    '05 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    And by the way....My hat is off to this young man....getting out there and getting after a rather difficult build.....Keep the hobby alive man......
    Good man....
    plus 2

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

That's OK....lesson learned.....
    Do not feel bad....your not the first to put some "goop" right in that same spot....it breaks loose and totally screws up lots of things.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I fucked up more engines than anybody alive. Before the internet we just "tried" shit Oh well.....we had fun.....before rev limiters we had lots and lots of opputunities to build motors

I think we found the cause of your OP issue for sure.

Jay what do you think man?

Black
    '05 GTO

Yes, my friend the Sarge called it. No gasket maker neccasary there. But as Teddy Roosevelt said "it is better to have tried and failed then to be ranked among those poor timid souls that no neither victory nor defeat!!"
    And hell you didn't really even fail, I bet even the ole sarge has messed up an engine or two, I know I have...

Did you already take it to the machine shop? If so I would just have them cut the pulley off and put a new one on... try to keep em from running the bill up on you.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I agree^^^
    Tell them to cut it off....you built the motor man....you got it down right.....dont run up the bill....just have them cut it off and build your motor back....you did good man....just use the goop for something else Use it on some Democratic Liberal sum bitch mouth.

Jay must have posted after I posted.....I could fill a junk yard with shit I fucked up. It is called learning......real gearheads admit it....because it is a part of it.....the internet racers only tell you to use the search button......

Black
    '05 GTO

Shit I'm all mixed up here anyway

And yeah YOU CALLED IT SARGE!!!

To OP brother man, don't get down, take a shot a whiskey or look at a snatch or whatever you do... and get back at this bitch. You just learned the way we did... and hell you didn't even blow the engine!

It happens.

*note- when I was a we lad with a bald pee pee, seriously I was like 7 when my old man taught me "what ever goes out goes in" in reference to using gasket maker, so next time your at a car show and see rtv popping out of a dudes valve covers or whatever you will be able to picture is fubarred oil pickup or pump in your head and chuckle.
    Last edited by Jay37; 01-01-2011 at 11:53 AM.

various
    1986 Turbo 944

Thanks guys, Happy new years.

Do I need to have the block cleaned out now and strip it apart and make sure no gasket maker is anywhere else?

The only things I would need to replace the head gaskets if I do do a tear down, I have ARP bolts everywhere.
    Last edited by cfgioja; 01-01-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I dunno man.....I used to just use brake fluid. Lots of cans of brake fluid. How much do they charge these days to vat a block?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I dunno man.....I used to just use brake fluid. Lots of cans of brake fluid. How much do they charge these days to vat a block?

I hope you mean spray brake cleaner.

Nice work guys!

Black
    '05 GTO

Are you going to tell your secrets?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I hope you mean spray brake cleaner.

Nice work guys!

Used to come in cans....by the quart....you would use an old brush and slop that shit all over everywhere.....sorta dated myself on that one didn't I....When I started hot roddin oil came in cans and you had to open the can with a can opener to pour it

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Jay37 View Post
    Are you going to tell your secrets?
    Sure...stay away from Royal Purple products. Lucas and Royal Purple both.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Used to come in cans....by the quart....you would use an old brush and slop that shit all over everywhere.....sorta dated myself on that one didn't I....When I started hot roddin oil came in cans and you had to open the can with a can opener to pour it

My first job was at a truckstop/gas station -- that's exactly how I grew up doing it too, with oil cans and nozzles you shoved in that pierced the top of the can. Heck, I figured you did your first oil change with glass bottles.

I did not know that brake cleaner used to come in quart cans, so you got me on that one.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well...truth is it was not even called brake cleaner...it was something else...White Gas or some such shit....but we used it to clean everything.

Black
    '05 GTO

Ha Ha I thought you were talking about no shit brake fluid at first, I've seen that stuff break bolts loose and clean shit you couldn't even dream up. Takes paint and seals with it though.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yes it does.....I do not know if a fella can still buy that stuff or not. Man it would clean the shit out of anything it touched.
    But you bet your ass....if it touhed any gasket or rubber...that crap was gone

I just dont want to see our young stud here drop his hard earned money if he doesn't have to.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information