Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Im saying it looks better then well done tile that is in a normal persons home after 10 years. Tile is good if done right but can't match this stuff over the long run. This isn't cheap shit you buy at a home improvement store. Grout looks like shit over time if not taken care of and will stain pretty much no matter what after decades.t

We just took some tile out actually that was done to withstand a nuclear blast

It was older tile with 2" of mortar behind it with steel mesh in-bedded into it

Grout was stained but the tile was perfect
    Last edited by blackSS01; 10-19-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling...damn phone

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I've installed hundreds of both style fiberglass tubs.

Mostly one piece type. Judging from the hand holds and the seat in the new one tells me the couple is likely elderly.

Prolly have not been able to get on their hands and knees to clean the other one in years..

Tile is nice for sure. But a haven for molds, mildews, and bacteria..

The job would be 10x the expense if you hand to bring in a tile setter as well.
    I'll go along with that. It may seem cheesy to the purist but the price and cost of upkeep is on it's side. There's a lot of expensive ego that goes into what I call a "show" bathroom. I have all tile baths and I would trade them away for something that doesn't attract mold and is spider crack proof. I guess my first redo when I was younger was of course all fancy tile everywhere. Now, at 67, I really like ease of ownership and price. The next people to move in will be younger and the cycle will start all over again.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Im saying it looks better then well done tile that is in a normal persons home after 10 years. Tile is good if done right but can't match this stuff over the long run. This isn't cheap shit you buy at a home improvement store. Grout looks like shit over time if not taken care of and will stain pretty much no matter what after decades.t
    Normal people keep their shit clean. It isnt hard, or all that time consuming. Tile not only looks way better, but easily overmatches this stuff in any kind of long run. Come on man, those one piece enclosures look like garbage. They look cheap no matter how much they cost. They're the laminate flooring of showers

But you do a nice job installing them!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Normal people keep their shit clean. It isnt hard, or all that time consuming. Tile not only looks way better, but easily overmatches this stuff in any kind of long run. Come on man, those one piece enclosures look like garbage. They look cheap no matter how much they cost. They're the laminate flooring of showers

But you do a nice job installing them!
    I will beg to differ on normal people keeping them clean.....most of the World isn't normal

*insert GTP joke about me not being normal*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information