Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Whats all the talk about it being cheaper than Lucas then???
    I use the Wal-Mart brand. what ever it is called $10/gallon

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    I got a gallon of Pennzoil Full Synthetic TCW3 yesterday for $34.99 at West Marine. I guess it pays to live near the ocean in this case. 1 gallon of TCW3 = 4 of the large bottles of Lucas. At approximately $9 per bottle of Lucas you break even by volume. You use 1/3 less of the TCW3 which amounts to a savings of around $11.00 overall.(It's called MATH people Whoever is charging you $68 a gallon should be arrested for THEFT! Here's West Marine's TCW3 prices
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...key=SiteSearch
    $34.99 baby!!!
    That seems more reasonable but I don't want to get into mail order stuff just for a bottle of fuel cleaner.
    I'll have to check around the local boat stores and see if I can't find it around town. But it's lookin' more like sticking with Lucas is just better all around for me. I can grab that at just about any store in town.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That seems more reasonable but I don't want to get into mail order stuff just for a bottle of fuel cleaner.
    I'll have to check around the local boat stores and see if I can't find it around town. But it's lookin' more like sticking with Lucas is just better all around for me. I can grab that at just about any store in town.
    You don't necessarily have to use the Pennzoil full synthetic. I'm going with the Pennz cuz it says "Synthetic" on the bottle and that gets me excited. Any TCW3 rated oil will do. I pass about 5 places that probably stock it on my way to work (6 miles). Yes, I was rubbing it in with that last line.

White
    '02 Camaro SS

You don't necessarily have to use the Pennzoil full synthetic. I'm going with the Pennz cuz it says "Synthetic" on the bottle and that gets me excited. Any TCW3 rated oil will do. I pass about 5 places that probably stock it on my way to work (6 miles). Yes, I was rubbing it in with that last line.
    Goat-E
    I just reread Sarge's post after reading what you stated and he says nothing about just [U]ANY[U] TCW3 oil, only Pennzoil Marine meeting the criteria set forth for their requirements. If you have been testing on your own and have verified results then please let us know, we want to hear. Otherwise blanket statements like the one above are detrimental.
    I have added the link for Sarge's findings so you can see what I am referring to.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91206

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

TC-W3 rated oils have to meet a certain standard in order to attain that rating. It is by definition an ashless marine oil, however, its properties apparently lend itself to be utilized in our vehicles as an additive.

There is a lot of literature on this oil, plus certification lists that are accessible on-line: http://www.outboardmotoroilblog.com/...-does-it-test/ I simply purchase the Walmart brand TC-W3 at this time as it is really the only brand that is readily available in our area.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by SSnow View Post
    Goat-E
    I just reread Sarge's post after reading what you stated and he says nothing about just [U]ANY[U] TCW3 oil, only Pennzoil Marine meeting the criteria set forth for their requirements. If you have been testing on your own and have verified results then please let us know, we want to hear. Otherwise blanket statements like the one above are detrimental.
    I have added the link for Sarge's findings so you can see what I am referring to.

Look at my posts in that thread. I have been using the supertech 2 stroke oil for a year. I posted mileage gains, knock retard reductions and used oil analysis. Some were in line with what sarge said and some were not.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I'd like to know where to find it for under $10 a gallon like in sarge's threrad

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Goat-E

I am under the impression that you did not read very deep. I am not in the way of making blanket statements neither do I fabricate. The main criteria is that the oil meets the TC-W3 rating.

White
    '02 Camaro SS

I am under the impression that you did not read very deep. I am not in the way of making blanket statements neither do I fabricate. The main criteria is that the oil meets the TC-W3 rating.

"Pennzoil Marine® Full Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil provides protection for high horsepower applications that require approved NMMA TC-W3® oil."

"It is recommended for and meets the warranty requirements of Johnson/Evinrude, Mercury Marine, Yamaha, Suzuki, Force/US Marine, Mariner and others requiring NMMA TC-W3® oils."

Sir I suggest you reread, as I put forth in my previous post. These two sentences that I copied are from Sarge's post and are in fact, declared in the post, part of Pennzoil add copy. What they state is that the oil will work in that application and it meets warranty requirements of the oil specification.

"What we are trying to accomplish ( The deliverables)
    We need to lubricate the fuel pump/seals/injectors.
    We need to clean the fuel system and scavenge water that ethanol attracts.
    We need a film of protection in our fuel system to stop corrosion.
    We need a cleaner for our spark plugs/valves/combustion chambers.
    We need to clean the ring packs
    We need to leave a film on the cylinder walls to eliminate cold start metal wear.
    This was my groups short list of deliverables. Of course we knew if we accomplished this list the car should A) Run Smoother B) Run more efficiently C) Parts will last longer i.e. fuel pumps/injectors etc. D) We should see more RWHP and MPG.
    We did it. For pennies.
    2 Stroke oil. Not just any two stroke oil But we needed the detergents etc. and found the perfect oil/add packs/viscosity in a marine 2 stroke oil you can get for under $10 bucks a gallon anywhere. We used Pennzoil Marine 2 stroke for our testing. Here is the "blurb" from Pennzoil....."

If you look in the paragraph above:
    Where in Sarges post does it state that the TC-W3 specification is the main citeria?

I ended up using seafoam and i noticed that it accelerated alot better and i got great gas mileage down here to FL, but for some reason my range started acting up (when i usually fill up it will be around 320)it started at 320 then went down to 310 and then up to 340. by the time i was down to half a tank (which is usually about 180 or so) the range was at 310. then when i filled back up it shot up to 520. the needle is still accurate though

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

"Pennzoil Marine® Full Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil provides protection for high horsepower applications that require approved NMMA TC-W3® oil."

"It is recommended for and meets the warranty requirements of Johnson/Evinrude, Mercury Marine, Yamaha, Suzuki, Force/US Marine, Mariner and others requiring NMMA TC-W3® oils."

Sir I suggest you reread, as I put forth in my previous post. These two sentences that I copied are from Sarge's post and are in fact, declared in the post, part of Pennzoil add copy. What they state is that the oil will work in that application and it meets warranty requirements of the oil specification.

"What we are trying to accomplish ( The deliverables)
    We need to lubricate the fuel pump/seals/injectors.
    We need to clean the fuel system and scavenge water that ethanol attracts.
    We need a film of protection in our fuel system to stop corrosion.
    We need a cleaner for our spark plugs/valves/combustion chambers.
    We need to clean the ring packs
    We need to leave a film on the cylinder walls to eliminate cold start metal wear.
    This was my groups short list of deliverables. Of course we knew if we accomplished this list the car should A) Run Smoother B) Run more efficiently C) Parts will last longer i.e. fuel pumps/injectors etc. D) We should see more RWHP and MPG.
    We did it. For pennies.
    2 Stroke oil. Not just any two stroke oil But we needed the detergents etc. and found the perfect oil/add packs/viscosity in a marine 2 stroke oil you can get for under $10 bucks a gallon anywhere. We used Pennzoil Marine 2 stroke for our testing. Here is the "blurb" from Pennzoil....."

If you look in the paragraph above:
    Where in Sarges post does it state that the TC-W3 specification is the main citeria?
    These are Sarge's words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You want TC W3 rating. That is for water cooled marine 2 stroke engines. Valvoline/Pennzoil/SuperTech at Walmart.....your after the TC W3 as it has the add packs/viscosity we were looking for.
    I only went to the second page. I would rag on you but this should do.
    He said he "used" the Pennzoil. He did not say it was the only one that qualified. Send $1 in restitution to my paypal account. I deserve it LOL!
    Last edited by Goat-E; 09-13-2009 at 03:29 AM.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I use "Gumout" complete fuel system cleaner twice a year. I do not know if it is doing anything, car ran fine before using, car runs fine after using.

SteveC

Thread Information