Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Red
    98 Trans Am

Red
    98 Trans Am

lol ugly I know, but gets the job done for now lol

now mind you this is a work in progress so yes I understand its UGLY lol but im mocking it up to see what I want in there. im looking to get oval piping over the wheel well so I can clean that up a bit. im also gonna see if I can get a welder to make me a turbo brace but the turbo isn't draggin on the ground any more. just used some straps to hold it up for now.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I think I would seriously consider losing the rear seat and notching the floor pans in that area to accommodate the turbo and tubing to gain clearance.

For a budget built looks good.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Anyway, heres some pics ive had of my latest prototype for the over the wheel pipe.
    After I had an exhaust shop bend it into place, I finalized the fit myself. I massaged the pipes a bit to conform to the wheelwell. It fits pretty well. I need to support it with something so that its alittle more secure. High temp painted it to help conceal it a bit. I need to adjust it. its touching the tire when I turn it to the right alittle.

that part that peaks out on the front is the only part that touches. im gonna modify the bump mounting bracket so it can fit the pipe better.

Red
    98 Trans Am

so far so good, gotta tighten up some clamps on that one connection. found my clamps on my intercooer were loose so that was a bad source there for leaks. I still got a leak right where the one connection is on the "hoop". I cut it on one of the spots where it had a flat spot and isn't sealing (of course) so im not seeing any thing over 1psi lol my fault
    HOWEVER!!!! I got a SLP ypipe put in place of the 3" ORY and man is it nice to have clearance again under the car and to have no exhaust leaks any more. I can hear the turbo spool every time I punch it the only pipe that's low is the one pipe in front of the rear tire and I clear everything. Even can go over speed bumps again even with a 1.25" drop
    just gotta get these last intake leaks ironed out and should be back to boosting 9psi again.

Red
    98 Trans Am

welp, moved the wastegate reference back to the intake manifold and checked all the intake pipes. im not seeing any leaks so far. still gotta wrap the exhaust. ran out of time tonight due to rain. its been a freak rainy season. we got at least 2" of rain just this morning and its still raining. if anyone knows the el paso area, when it rains it just puddles up and floods everywhere. No water sucked up unlike what everyone keeps fearing and saying will happen. huh, guess another rear turbo myth debunked lol

I was trying to install my return check valve too but the rain picked up too much and I only had time to put the rear tire back on lol
    I also turned up the MBC to see if I can get 10psi tomorrow on my drive to work since its flooded right now on the roads. just turned it once

Red
    98 Trans Am

so for a much needed updates, um i moved lol
    back in good old Wisconsin again. Transfered jobs and whatnot....
    now for the good stuff!
    wisconsin lower elevation + 93oct fuel + cooler weather + new larger filter right up on the turbo + all leaks sealed = a bad ass 10psi ride that now needs a final tune cause ii see 10.1-9.9 WOT AFR lol its actually causing power loose form too much fuel now lol but its SOOOOOO MUCH fun to drive again. After i clean it up this weekend, ill post up some new pics of the ride and setup. mostly the same save for the new filter but its cleaned up now. gonna start looking into welding up the aluminum pipes to reduce couplers and potential future boost leaks.

dont know what the hell ws going on in el paso, but im guessing the elevation was wrecking havok on my boost. I just couldnt get that thing to spool for crap. now my car sounds and feels like a turbo car and all i did was move lol Id recommend if you are at an elevated locatuion like 4000ft aboce sealevel, id recomemend a slightly smaller turbo for rearmounted like a T70 with a .81 instead of a T76 with a .96 AR. just a recommendation with a stock LS1. a larger engine might be able to overcome this but i cant say for sure. the actuallspooling has also reduced the oil coming out the exhaust now and is just black now. but im really rich so that could be part of that lol

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information