Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    It's the nozzles @ the stations today..

They are designed to help prevent fumes from escaping..

I only put the nozzle in half way for the same reason for years now, and on many different makes and model cars/trucks..

It'a likely not your vehicle having something wrong with it, but rather more red tape BS getting in your/our way..
    PS on my Camaro I hold the nozzle half way out with the handle @ a 4-5 o'clock possition..

Sometimes it works sometimes it don't, some pumps seem to be more touchy than others..

black
    2000 camaro ss

The EVAP system on modern cars deals with the vapors in the tank, (thank you government). as the fuel goes in the air is supposed to move out through a charcoal canister and out the vent valve which is normally open except when testing the system or the pcm closes it. if the valve gets stuck closed it will keep the vapors from leaving the tank. causing your problem. there are usually some small vent hoses also on the filler neck. i have seen even spiders getting in there and making webs cause a big enough flow restriction to cause the problem your having. if you remove the vent valve and put 12v to it, it should move. it will be obvious when it does. if not its frozen and should be replaced. hope this helps

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by black2kSS View Post
    The EVAP system on modern cars deals with the vapors in the tank, (thank you government). as the fuel goes in the air is supposed to move out through a charcoal canister and out the vent valve which is normally open except when testing the system or the pcm closes it. if the valve gets stuck closed it will keep the vapors from leaving the tank. causing your problem. there are usually some small vent hoses also on the filler neck. i have seen even spiders getting in there and making webs cause a big enough flow restriction to cause the problem your having. if you remove the vent valve and put 12v to it, it should move. it will be obvious when it does. if not its frozen and should be replaced. hope this helps
    If the purge solenoid is'nt working it would likely throw a code......

black
    2000 camaro ss

purge solenoid is near the intake most of the time to be able to allow the vapors to be purged into the engine. im speaking about the valve on or near the canister in the rear of the vehicle that allows fuel vapors from the tank to escape when filling it or the outside temp goes up. You are correct in saying that usually both of these parts would cause codes in most cases. thats why outside factors like spider webs are a possability. because they dont effect the actual parts

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by black2kSS View Post
    purge solenoid is near the intake most of the time to be able to allow the vapors to be purged into the engine. im speaking about the valve on or near the canister in the rear of the vehicle that allows fuel vapors from the tank to escape when filling it or the outside temp goes up. You are correct in saying that usually both of these parts would cause codes in most cases. thats why outside factors like spider webs are a possability. because they dont effect the actual parts
    gotcha

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    It's the nozzles @ the stations today..

They are designed to help prevent fumes from escaping..

I only put the nozzle in half way for the same reason for years now, and on many different makes and model cars/trucks..

It'a likely not your vehicle having something wrong with it, but rather more red tape BS getting in your/our way..

+1 here, notice this a while back and have been doing this above exactly and have not had many issues since. Only time I do is if I forget and put it all the way in.

( I don't know but after rereading my above statement, it could be mistaken for some other subject... )

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    +1 here, notice this a while back and have been doing this above exactly and have not had many issues since. Only time I do is if I forget and put it all the way in.

( I don't know but after rereading my above statement, it could be mistaken for some other subject... )
    I've been known to forget and put it all the way in too..

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    flip the handle upside down.
    +1. I do the same thing with my Z28.

silver
    2000 z/28

Ya, flip the pump upside down. Happens to me at about half of the stations i stop at.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Found the problem on my jeep.
    I remembered the first two times I put gas on it nothing happen.
    So after getting tired of dealing with that problem. I decided to take it to the mechanic shop.
    We find out a piece of hose was inside the gasoline hose. What is that mean? Some 1 tried to take out my gas.
    That sux. But the surprise for that person. I never have more than half of tank in my cars lol. It didn't work out for that person. But sure did made me spend money to fix it up.
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Glad to hear to got it fixed.

Locking gas caps are in my near future.....

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Glad to hear to got it fixed.

Locking gas caps are in my near future.....
    Thank god it's fixed.
    It was a nightmare.

I'll be replacing the gas caps on my 3 cars.
    I don't like them. But I sure don't wanna deal with that again.

Thread Information