11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Looking for the hookup!!

I have been looking at all the different parts for my car and don't know where to start. I was looking at headers, exhaust, cam, TB, ram air kit, maf, heads. But don't know where to start or which ones should I go with?? I am looking to get between 400 and 475 rwhp (if possible) with just bolt ons. It looks like I am going to go with the AFR heads but should I get the 205cc or the 225cc? Also, What cam should I use? What are the best headers for the money? I have been seeing alot about Kooks headers but they are very expensive compared to say hooker headers. Are they that much better? Does the difference in price yield that much more gains in power or durability? I also noticed that some folks use the 5.3l heads on there cars. Why is this? Do they just bolt right up? Thanks in advance for all the help guys..

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Ok lets do this one at a time, first of all the ram air hood is going to be more then looks over anything. Your not going to get any performance out of the "ram air" hoods

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Ok lets do this one at a time, first of all the ram air hood is going to be more then looks over anything. Your not going to get any performance out of the "ram air" hoods

No ram air hood, ram air kit, cost about $180.00

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

Go with pace setter headers. You can get them with ceramic coating for like 450 bucks, and they have great ground clearance if you plan to lower the car in the future. As far as heads go, ide go with 205cc if you are going to stay with the stock displacement. You will actually lose bottem end torque with the 225cc heads on a smaller cubic inch engine. Dont really need the 225's till over 400ci. Just keep in mind that horsepower is nothing if you cant stick it to the ground. So you might want to start looking at tubular suspension peices as you upgrade your power. If you get to where youre putting over 400hp to the ground, your stock differential isnt going to last long. so keep that in mind as well

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ss_caramo View Post
    Go with pace setter headers. You can get them with ceramic coating for like 450 bucks, and they have great ground clearance if you plan to lower the car in the future. As far as heads go, ide go with 205cc if you are going to stay with the stock displacement. You will actually lose bottem end torque with the 225cc heads on a smaller cubic inch engine. Dont really need the 225's till over 400ci. Just keep in mind that horsepower is nothing if you cant stick it to the ground. So you might want to start looking at tubular suspension peices as you upgrade your power. If you get to where youre putting over 400hp to the ground, your stock differential isnt going to last long. so keep that in mind as well
    Thanks for the info.. I have been looking at the pacesetter headers. I also have been looking at the Edelbrock victor headers. They are stainless steel headers that are Ti-Tech coated. SLP headers look like they would earn some respect but for $1100.00 I might op for the Edelbrock headers..

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

Quote Originally Posted by odarabla View Post
    Thanks for the info.. I have been looking at the pacesetter headers. I also have been looking at the Edelbrock victor headers. They are stainless steel headers that are Ti-Tech coated. SLP headers look like they would earn some respect but for $1100.00 I might op for the Edelbrock headers..
    The slp headers arent any better than the others. Youre just buying the name. And they hang lower than any other header on the market by quite a bit.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

What exactly is the ram air kit?

BTW are the eldelbrock headers stainless any good vs. the pacesetter ceramic coating ones?

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    What exactly is the ram air kit?

BTW are the eldelbrock headers stainless any good vs. the pacesetter ceramic coating ones?

K&N sells a after market Ram air kit for the Z28 and T/A's. They also sell cold air kits. Look on Thunderracing.com under induction. Also The edelbrock victor headers are ti-tech coated stainless steel. The pacesetters are ceramic coated steel headrs. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the edelbrock victor headers for the Z28. They are tuned headers. If anyone has any info on these headers please let me know. Thanks

Thread Information