Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Suspension Ques.

I was driving my WS6 today when suddenly after about 10 miles I started to hear this dry, rubbing sound coming from the front right wheel area ( at least I think it was the wheel area) it sounds like something needs to be lubricated. when I hit bumps and when I shift from neutral into 1st. and from 1st into 2nd gear, it makes a sound like an "OLD BED & FRAME" make when you jump on it-kinda squeaky , non-lubricated sound-from the front right?
    I recently installed 3 point- SLP weld in Subframe connectors and I also have a strut tower brace. Could either of these items be causing this sound? I had no problems after I got both installed about a month and a half ago.
    Also sometimes it doesnt make the sound at all??? I have no clue what this is and I baby the hell out of the car ( no hard driving)-HELP
    The ordinary force caused by shifting-Neutral-1st -2nd(and bumps) makes the sound
    JR.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

loose lower control arm??
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Are you sure? Also will either oif these items void an extended warranty that ends this October.?? I can remove the strut tower brace before I take it to the dealer but obviously not the 3-points subframe connectors.

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro convertible

I think I also have this type of sound you are describing, coming definitely from the front of the car.

For me, it happens rarely though, and only happens when I'm turning the steering wheel (most of the time at an incline). I'm usually stopped or going less then 5 mph while this happens.

It sounds like something is rubbing and needs lubrication like you said. I've had this ever since I've gotten the car though, and it's very hard to replicate at will... so when I bring it to a shop for diagnosis, I can never recreate the rubbing... Oh well...

Thread Information