Impounded

Survivorman and Man Vs. Wild

I don't see survivorman on anymore. i think he only made about 10 episodes or so. MVW is pretty good - he risks his life a lot of times. but it also seems a little staged - like the spots he goes to were all planned out ahead of time. plus there is a cameraman you never see. what kinda supplies does this guy have? i guess that guy has to do all the things that Bear does, so if Bear is so great how come some no-name cameraman can do teh same things. les stroud films it all himself so i believe him more..... damn...my brain tends to wander all over teh fucking place hahahaha.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I know what you mean about Man vs. Wild, but it IS after all just good TV. Regardless of who's filming, someone is watching to make sure the guy(s) won't die.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I think Bear is more viewer friendly! By that I mean, you want to keep watching him. Les' program is a tough watch. New episodes are airing 10 August. Les' program is more realistic but way more boring. Bear's is more entertaining. He's ex Brit SAS so he freefalls to some sites, helocasts to others, and rappels into yet others. Its just more fun to watch in my opinion.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    I think Bear is more viewer friendly! By that I mean, you want to keep watching him. Les' program is a tough watch. New episodes are airing 10 August. Les' program is more realistic but way more boring. Bear's is more entertaining. He's ex Brit SAS so he freefalls to some sites, helocasts to others, and rappels into yet others. Its just more fun to watch in my opinion.
    I agree, besides that Les guy is a goober....LOL, who cares if he can survive, I personally would like a wild animal eat him...hahaha....Now thats good TV.

18D Cock Diesel

Yeah, and he doesn't have a camera crew there to help him so he would just die!

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Yeah, and he doesn't have a camera crew there to help him so he would just die!
    Yes, That would be great....LOL....I watched an episode where he went to the everglades....I had my fingers crossed, just hoping a gator would crawl up on the bank and drag him to the depts of the merky swamp....hahahaha

Impounded

I know what you're saying, but I appreciate how Les is truly all alone, so it's more realistic. that makes me lean over to his show a little more.

18D Cock Diesel

That's cool...good info on both fronts. Its just harder for me to watch it personally. Its already a bland subject...especially if you've already undergone survival training and the like.

my vote is for surviorman...

crimson red
    2000 z28

Bear is more entertaining especially when it comes to hunting. Bear isn't afraid to slide down moutain sides or jump into rapids. Theres a lot more all around enterainment in man vs. wild. survivor man lacks any real action.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by z28ls1power View Post
    Bear is more entertaining especially when it comes to hunting. Bear isn't afraid to slide down moutain sides or jump into rapids. Theres a lot more all around enterainment in man vs. wild. survivor man lacks any real action.
    That is because Les is trying to teach you how to actually survive if you were to find yourself in that particular situation.

Bear isn't afraid to slide down a mountain because he has as many takes with a camera crew to get a good shot.

Bear's thinking: "I think I'm going to jump off this ledge into that river because going around will take too long."

Les's thinking: "It may take longer to go around, but jumping off this ledge is stupid and a good way to get yourself killed."

Thread Information