black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

Talking IM NEW!!! 02 WS6 in North Texas

Hey everyone! So happy to be on this site because all the GREAT information here and people! I'm a very proud new owner of a non smoked in black 2002 ws6 m6 trans am that is COMPLETLY stock with 120k miles with only 1 owner! orginal clutch kinda stock! picked it up for $10k...i think i got a good deal on it what you guys think? there is small problems though, rear main seal leaking a tid bit. clutch dont slip yet so its not that bad but I'm gonna tackel the rear main seal soon replace with a teflon seal from fel-pro from reading on the forms. while im in there im gonna replace the master cylinder with tick performance master cyclinder since how everyone says hands down its best for these cars. my only confusion is clutches on these cars. idk what to go with. i want something thats gonna last me a good while. its not my daily driver but its still a street car i want to take out alot. i dont plan on dogging on it but i do like to have a lil fun in it here and there and when times comes slaming some gears running other cars for fun. so my question here is...whats the longest lasting clutch thats not hard as a rock but has some stiffness for a good feel and can handle a lil beating. car staying stock besides lid and exhust system in future with a tune. the other problem is the driver side window, it rubs some where when going down i gotta figure that one out. ill read some forms. but most clutch forms nobody has info of long livity of a set. Thanks guys! i stay up late at night readinf forms lol. cant learn enough.

black
    78 z28

IM NEW!!! 02 WS6 in North Texas

that's a bit high for 120k bone stock

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

10k is on the high side but it's all about what you want what your willing to pay.

As for the clutch if you plan to keep the car stock take a look at the LS7 setup. It's GM's recommended replacement since the ls1 clutch is no longer being manufactured. You can get em for pretty decent prices. Drives just like stock and will last about as long as the original clutch. Downside is they were designed for the corvette drive train which is easier on them then a f-body setup. So they don't tend to hold up as well when you start making more power.

If you want something with a little more bite then look at the monster clutch line. Drives like stock but life span on them is shorter. Believe it's around the 40k mark on the basic lines. But will hold more power then a LS7 clutch. Spec is another manufacturer that is popular in the f body crowd.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

You think so? I was kinda thinking the same. But it wanted it lol. looking around the m6 01-02 cars with about same miles guys where asking around 12k around my area. I like the fact its all stock i can build without worry what someone else messed up have to fix. How much you think its worth?

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

12 is obsurd for a 120k car I can buy a car with around 30-50k on it for that around here maybe less if I look hard enough.

Everyone loves muscle cars in your area so that doesn't help the pricing. As long as the car is pristine just about other then mileage I wouldn't worry too much as long as it was taken care of. The ls1 is a tough engine. A unmolested 4th gen is getting harder to find so prices are kind of starting to reflect that but people are starting to think they are collectible when they aren't really yet. Add in it being a ws6 and prices are nuts in some areas. Funny thing is that most the stuff that makes it a ws6 people usually replace.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site, Dillon. 10k is a bit on the high side as mentioned, but, if it's the best deal you were able to find in your area and you like the car, that is all that matters. Enjoy it

black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

Yeah a4 are 6-8k, m6 are the money busters. Im happy with it. Just this clutch stuff lol. Which they had a clutch good for 70k miles that can withstand a lil beating lol.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You will hear some talk badly about Spec clutches, but I've had my Spec Stage 3+ for the last 7-8 years and it works great. A little stiffer than stock, and is rated for 850 lb-ft of torque. Obviously, you don't need the 3+, so you might look at their Stage 2 or so. Monster is another great clutch line.

Generally speaking, aftermarket clutches are built to take more abuse than stock/OEM designs, so they tend to not last as long only because people beat on them and abuse them (what they're intended for). If you were to drive the car like a normal DD, I'd guess it would last a very long time (if installed correctly). I personally like the full surface contact ones as opposed to the finger styles.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Thread Information