Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Decisions Decisions...

Having a hard time making up my mind...but I've narrowed down the type of wheel I want to get. Cant decide if I want Black or Chrome though...

These are actually hyper silver...not chrome. I prefer the chrome but you get the idea...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Both look good, but I'm not a big fan of black wheels. #2 for me.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

I like them , What are they?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Not a fan of black wheels either. Although, if there is a polished lip, not too bad. I'm old school. I like polished or chrome. On everything

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

My .02 cents I like the black example more. Murder out with a slight touch of chrome looks good. Like a pearl necklace on a deep v black dress.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My problem with it is that everyone goes that route on a black car it seems. It will stand out much more with the other option I feel. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what I think though, or anyone else for that matter lol. OP will make his decision based on what he likes best. This question is kind of like "which exhaust is best". There is no answer. It's personal preference and everyone has a different taste.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Polished or Chrome > Black imo

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyman View Post
    They are the old RPM 505's...they are hard to come by because they had to change the mold they use to make them like a year ago, but they are still out there.

My next question...They have these in 5x120.7 "fits a BMW" but I have read all over the place that these will work with our cars "may need hub centric rings". Is that true?
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 12-04-2013 at 06:17 AM.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    My problem with it is that everyone goes that route on a black car it seems. It will stand out much more with the other option I feel. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what I think though, or anyone else for that matter lol. OP will make his decision based on what he likes best. This question is kind of like "which exhaust is best". There is no answer. It's personal preference and everyone has a different taste.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I just like getting opinions...but yea, you are correct. I will get what I like in the end

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

My opinion, hyper/satin silver, polished or gumetal look great on a black car. Makes the car look more finished and sinister.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I don't mind a black wheel, as long as the car is also black. But my personal preference is for a gun metal or dark metallic wheel. If it's between the two options shown, I'd go with number 2.

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

I have been thinking of the same question. Obviously just a matter of taste, get what you like. I own a black 98 WS6 and liked the look of some wheels that were black with some silver on the outer rims when looking at just the photos of the rims but when I had the seller send me photos of a car like mine with them on I did not like it. I have decided to go with some silver or chrome wheels on my black car. I like black wheels on cars other than black. Both wheels in the two pics do look good though. I have spent a lot of time looking through the thread of pics of members cars and their wheels and tire combinations to figure out what I like the looks of on cars similar to mine. That sticky was very helpful for me. Good luck and be sure to post some pics when you are done to add to the collection.
    Comp Cams 242R, beehive springs, LS7 lifters, LS2 lifter trays, Comp Cam steel caged trunion bearing upgrade, Moly pushrods, Ported LS6 oil pump. Dyno tune...So far.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Chrome on black

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

On that specific wheel I like the black one better. With the other one it looks too busy to me. Plus I like black wheels with machined lips, mine are the same way.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 02-02-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyman View Post
    They are the old RPM 505's...they are hard to come by because they had to change the mold they use to make them like a year ago, but they are still out there.

My next question...They have these in 5x120.7 "fits a BMW" but I have read all over the place that these will work with our cars "may need hub centric rings". Is that true?
    Yup I know several running them with the 5x120.7. You can pick up the rings just about any place including amazon.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Thread Information