white
    2000 trans am

parts list please

let me start off with info 2000 trans am ws6
    hyper tech drag race tune (permently installed being someone stole my tuner)
    ebac 1'' lowering kit,new struts in front

now the problems have codes 0405,0420,0430 also right side cat makin noise(don't need them in fl.)

what I would like help with the most inexspensive way to do my exhust not really to concerned with performeace (don't have the funds)
    what headers give the best ground clearance
    should I go with shorty headers and new cats(high flow of corse )
    long tube with no cats y pipe (if I change the y pipe to an off road style can it be hooked up to my stock muffler with out to much alterations until I can buy some aftermarket exhust.(what kind)should I get

bottom line my cats are bad so I would like to spend the money I have for the best possible route for the goal or having the exhust done front to back

oh ya almost forgot the o2 sensers just needed two that go into headers and get the computer to remove the other two whats something like that cost

wish I can talk on the phone with one of the senior members for this project I know I have more questions and are forgetting them

thanks for your time guys

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

It really comes down to your state emissions. Does your area do sniff, visual, both or none at all.

None at all, simple = LT's + ORY.

Others = a catted Y or cat back system. Both = more $$

Guys have been using E-bay Headers with some good reports, I personally am running with Pacesetter LT's, TS&P Ory and Magnaflow Muffler, CATS are deleted. There are CAT back Mufflers and ORY's but not sure the cost of those. I picked up my ORY and LT's for around $400.

Shorties are a waste of time unless you are considering turbo (doesn't sound like it). Mids same thing.

Yes you can hook up your current muffler to an ORY & LT's, You may need to cut some pipe to align it properly.

Correct on front O2's needed. Frost can delete out the rear O2's so you stop having the CEL.

Tune - can't go wrong with Frost. Great mail order tune, best bang for the buck. Quick and reliable.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It seems that on our cars there really isn't an inexpensive way to upgrade the exhaust. Longtube headers are certainly the way to go. The OBX or ebay headers being your least costly options, followed by Pacesetters. You will then need a new Y-pipe and the non-catted version is the cheapest option, but you sometimes have fitment issues with some of the lesser priced brands. From there, you then need a catback and that usually will be about five bills on top of what you have already spent.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Depends on how tough emissions are. Tsp headers fit well and are decently priced plus they are stainless steel. But they dont have air/egr hookups on them. The tsp y-pipe is priced cheap but fitment is crap. I had to have mine welded up to fix the leaks. Catback magnaflow and slp are cheaper then others. But the slp loudmouth systems sound like ass on a car with headers.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

white
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    It really comes down to your state emissions. Does your area do sniff, visual, both or none at all.

None at all, simple = LT's + ORY.

Others = a catted Y or cat back system. Both = more $$

Guys have been using E-bay Headers with some good reports, I personally am running with Pacesetter LT's, TS&P Ory and Magnaflow Muffler, CATS are deleted. There are CAT back Mufflers and ORY's but not sure the cost of those. I picked up my ORY and LT's for around $400.

Shorties are a waste of time unless you are considering turbo (doesn't sound like it). Mids same thing.

Yes you can hook up your current muffler to an ORY & LT's, You may need to cut some pipe to align it properly.

Correct on front O2's needed. Frost can delete out the rear O2's so you stop having the CEL.

Tune - can't go wrong with Frost. Great mail order tune, best bang for the buck. Quick and reliable.
    thanks for the info ,what does TS&P stand for,have you heard of any lt headers having better ground clearance then others

white
    2000 trans am

do you know of a better fitting y pipe then ts&p

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

TSP -- Texas Speed.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

pacesetter has one and no not really IMHO all ORY's need some fitting to make them work. I know I did. I also welded mine up because I got tired of hitting the speed bumps with the u brackets that came with the ORY. My car sits low.

Kooks are some of the best LT's in fitment but have a high $$$.

Of the budget headers I would rate them as following:

Pacesetter/Ebay > most anything is better then SLP headers (for 4th Gens). Heard so much crap about fitment issues.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I bought a long tube header kit with y-pipe for about $1000 from FLP (finish line performance). This was about 12 years ago, so I don't even know if they are still in business. The plus side is, really cheap for what you get. They fit great and have no ground clearance issues at all. I have my car lowered with the eibach pro series springs which lowered my car 2.5 inches. I do have some speed bumps that don't like me though. The only downside is they have some signs of rust next to the heads, but still have a perfect seal and no leaks. I would highly recommend whatever brand you get, to make sure they are stainless steel. Cost a lil extra now, but they are good forever.

Thread Information