red
    2001 pontiac WS6

how much labor for forged internals?

ill be ordering a procharger very soon and i was curious as to how much more it would be to forge the internals, just the pistons and rods. Also my motor has 85XXX miles on it and i was curious to know if there were any FI cars out there over 100,000 miles. I know most of you will say buy a forged short block first and be done with it. (which i am considering) And what the hell is a meth kit?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I'm shooting from the hip here big time, and there will be lots of variables anyway between quality of parts and experience of the shop, but I would guess about $4-5K to drop the motor, clean the block, buy parts, reassemble, tune, etc.

I'm sure someone will take me down a peg if I'm way off...

A meth kit sprays under throttle to help cool the intake charge and prevent detonation under high boost. Safety precaution as well as a supplementary power adder.

I just had a ProCharger kit installed myself...go for it! You will not be disappointed, it's a whole new ballgame.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I am thinking that GTP isn't too far off. I would guess around 4K. I personally am just going to put the Procharger on my stock block, run the 8psi and get a meth kit. Properly tuned, you should have 0 issues on that set-up. This is assuming that your engine has been properly and well maintained over the years. I've seen some higher mileage FI cars.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I am thinking that GTP isn't too far off. I would guess around 4K. I personally am just going to put the Procharger on my stock block, run the 8psi and get a meth kit. Properly tuned, you should have 0 issues on that set-up. This is assuming that your engine has been properly and well maintained over the years. I've seen some higher mileage FI cars.
    That will work just fine as long as you have a reputable tuner that can do a good job on it. For a Meth kit look up Alky Control and you won't be disappointed trust me. They have two safeties (low meth light for your tank and pump on light for boost situations) built into the system and it is easy to understand in my opinion.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    That will work just fine as long as you have a reputable tuner that can do a good job on it. For a Meth kit look up Alky Control and you won't be disappointed trust me. They have two safeties (low meth light for your tank and pump on light for boost situations) built into the system and it is easy to understand in my opinion.
    Yeah. I haven't looked into the meth kit in detail yet, but I remember Ed commenting that Alky was the place to get the kit from. I'm hoping to get mine installed come this next spring if all continues to go well for me.

Thread Information