red
    2001 pontiac WS6

what changes for a moser 12 bolt

ok i wanna upgrade my rear end b4 i shatter my stock one....but i want to keep my ABS and trac control, if i order the moser 12 bolt what else am i gonna have to buy to make sure it bolts right into place and lets my car be driven normally.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

This should answer all your questions: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127890

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

yea i read this thread last week and thats an amazing rear end but doesnt the ABS have wires and stuff to hook back up? I dont know anything about rear ends so its all new to me and id love to have one bought and at my disposal b4 i start to install all my aftermarket suspension mods, by the way what kind of drive shaft did u put back on? and will this rear end work for a car thats lowered?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

When you order the rear, make sure you tell tham that you want it prepped for ABS/TCS. They'll have a notch machined in the housing ends that your stock sensor bolts into. All your stock brake lines and wiring simply attach to the Moser with just a few little differences in how they are secured. Biggest issue for me was modifying the parking brake brackets to work with the relocation brackets.

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

yea dont u have to sawzall off part of the bracket? anyways how does it ride though, is it just as smooth as the 10 bolt or is it a rougher ride?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have no idea -- still waiting for nicer weather and all the winter crap to leave the roads.

There is a thread linked in there that details the mods to the parking brake bracket. A little cutting, grinding and welding is all it needed. If you do not get relocation brackets, probably just need to clearance it a bit as the Moser axle tube is larger in diameter than the stocker.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

You might wanna consider getting adjustable LCA, PHB, and TA to make sure you can get the aftermarket rear to fit in there just perfect.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    You might wanna consider getting adjustable LCA, PHB, and TA to make sure you can get the aftermarket rear to fit in there just perfect.

Especially if your car is, or will be, lowered. Our car is not lowered, so I went with non-adustable UMI pieces on ours and everything looks to be where it should.

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

yea all the adj. stuff is being ordered i just wanna know if it will work with it with that rear end. It looks solid enough, think it can handle all the abuse for about 400-450 rwhp?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The 12 bolt will install to stock or aftermarket pieces -- it really is a bolt in assembly. I did order a shorter driveshaft (which you probably saw in the linked thread) as there simply was not a whole lot of clearance between the tailstock and damper on the stock unit.

Although not noted in the other thread, I did not use two (2) of the cable brackets, nor did I use the plate which bolts to the top of the differential that shields the brake lines. Everything else transferred over from the 10 bolt.

Thread Information