iTrader

red
    2002 SLP Formula Firehawk

Rare 2002 Firehawk #738 for sale

2002 Firehawk #738 - asking $16,200.

Red, 12,900 miles, 6-sp tranny, t-tops.

This car is a spectacular and rare example of a late (1999-2002) 4th Generation Pontiac Firebird upfitted by SLP Engineering to Firehawk (WU6) mechanical and trim level on a Formula platform. See http://rides.webshots.com/album/34773273cciDPu for photographs of this vehicle.

Between 1999 ad 2002, SLP Firehawk upfitting was ordered by buyers and carried out on just 3591 vehicles, of which only 11% (405) were Formulas (the balance, or 89%, were ordered on the Trans Am platform; see http://www.firehawk.org/list/1024.html). 2002 Firehawk #738 is one of only 167 Firehawks built in its production year on a Formula platform.

This vehicle will be auctioned/sold not only with its aftermarket Z06 reproduction customized chrome wheels, but also with all 4 of its original 2002Firehawk chrome wheels (and Firestone Firehawk tires). Since 2003, owners of 2002 Firehawks have reported that the stock chrome wheels (manufactured by American Racing for SLP) were likely to suffer from flaking of the chrome-plating, typically originating from the unchromed inside of the wheel. In 2006, #738’s original wheels were removed and stored for protective purposes, before any flaking was manifested.

2002 Firehawk #738 will be auctioned/sold with full manufacturing and sales documentation, including framed originals of:
    - SLP “Certificate of Birth”
    - General Motors/Pontiac “build sheet”
    - General Motors Pontiac window sticker
    - SLP Firehawk window sticker
    - Bill of sale from Bill Rapp Pontiac, Syracuse, NY

2002 Firehawk #738 sports a neatly maintained, detailed and customized engine bay, featuring the original personal signatures of Zeke Maxwell (President of SLP Engineering) and David Hamburger (Vice-President of SLP Engineering) affixed to each strut tower. The signing took place in August 2002 at the Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio, during a “parking lot reception” attended by Mr. Maxwell and Mr. Hamburger.

2002 Firehawk #738 is a consistent car show trophy winner. It has taken over 17 trophies since 2002 in car shows held in New York and North Carolina. Most recent was “Best-of-Class” (1987 and later Pontiacs) at the Annual Tarheel Tigers Car Show, held June 14, 2008 at Henrick Pontiac/BuickGMC (Cary Auto Mall) in Cary, NC.

2002 Firehawk #738 comes with SLP Firehawk base package and optional items, including Bilstein Ultra Performance Suspension, Firehawk front floor mats, commemorative portfolio, custom fitted Firehawk car cover, and Firehawk key fobs. In addition, the vehicle includes two special-ordered (from SLP) embroidered rear carpet mats, each sporting the words “2002 Formula” and “Car No. 0738” above and below the embroidered Firehawk logo. The original mat delivered with the car showed the wrong number (i.e., #0728). This error was corrected by the owner by overlaying a replicative embroidered strip reading “0738” over the “0728.” In restitution for their error, SLP provided the second corrected mat, free-of-charge.

Emblems boasting “1967-2002 Last of the Breed,” as made available, post-sale, by a GM-approved vendor to purchasers of all 2002 Firebirds, are affixed to the topsail panels.

2002 Firehawk #738 has received the highest level of mechanical and cosmetic care. It has never been raced or abused. It has only been touched by rain on one occasion (in 2006, driving down from NY during the owner’s relocation to NC), and has never been exposed to snow or ice. From day of delivery, it has been garaged and covered, and waxed and detailed dozens of time (exclusively with Zaino Bros. car polishing products). Six oil changes have been made since 2002, each one with synthetic Mobil 1 oil. The car currently has 12,900 on the odometer. The vehicle has never had any warranty or other major repair work needed or done.

In sum, 2002 Firehawk #738 is a stunning, powerful, and exceedingly rare vehicle that is gorgeous to look at, positively exhilarating to drive, and---with GM President Bob Lutz regularly assuring the media and public that there are no plans for GM to bring back the Firebird in any form---sure to be a worthwhile automotive investment as the years go by.

Car is located in Garner, NC.
    Last edited by ithacamike; 12-04-2008 at 08:11 AM.

iTrader
    6 (100%)

Navy Blue
    98-Camaro SS.

Nice Hawk, good luck with the sale.

iTrader
    99' 30th Ann TA

maybe im blind and just don't see it, but what are the miles?

iTrader

red

12,900 miles

It's there, towards the end. 12,900 miles on the odometer
    Owner, 2002 SLP Formula Firehawk #738, red, t-tops, 6-sp with Hurst linkage and Lou's Short Stik, Bilstein springs/shocks, SLP y-pipe and LM2 exhaust, BMR strut tower brace.

Former Owner, 1996 Formula Firebird WS-6

http://community.webshots.com/user/ithacamike

iTrader

red

A few other things about this car

-Will be sold with two official "Firehawk" car covers from SLP.

-Equipped with factory option Hurst shift linkage assembly.

-No major mods. Tweaks include SLP y-pipe and Loudmouth II catback exhaust (done 2008); BMR strut tower brace; Lou's Short Stik shifter rod (original shifter retained and available); SLP air-temp module; SLP Skip-Shift Eliminator.

-SLP Firehawk engine-mounted plaque (indicating "Firehawk #738").

-Gorilla lugnuts (original FH lugnuts and lugnut caps retained and available)

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

wow, lot of reading to find out mileage, color and transmission.... I thought you had to have a minimum of 20 posts or something like that in the for sale section? just asking before a moderator gets mean

Beautiful Car, Good luck with the sale.

iTrader
    99' 30th Ann TA

That's a killer deal.... Why you letting it go so cheap???

iTrader

red

Because....

...(a) I started with asking for $24K for it 6 months ago, have had plenty of inquiries but no takers, and have been dropping my price since. If I don't sell it for the current asking price; I will put it in storage for however long it takes for there to be a buyer;
    (b) I own 4 other cars. I'm tired of owning this car for the purposes I bought it for, i.e., driving it not as a daily driver, but as a weekend pulse-buster, and showing it at shows/cruise-ins.
    (c) I cannot bring myself to mistreat it (e.g., racing, daily-driving, running it in rain, etc), given its beauty and rarity. And keeping it gorgeous, undercover, and spotless and waxed in my garage is becoming a drag.
    (d) I buy/sell cars all the time, and am always looking for the next brand new fun car.
    Last edited by ithacamike; 12-04-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

iTrader
    99' 30th Ann TA

Damn... If it was about 2 months ago before I purchased my 30th, I'd probably be making a trip up to NC... That is a beautiful car and a killer price... I dont see how you'd have any trouble selling it... Maybe it was just the location... Dunno... Props non the less

iTrader

red

I am similarly perplexed

It's car show perfect, low miles, very rare, never beaten up, fast as all get out, and simply drop-dead gorgeous. Best offer I've had is $15K, and they are unresponsive to a counter of the current asking price. Must be the tough economic times. You will not find a nicer 4th Gen F-Body anywhere.....

iTrader
    99' 30th Ann TA

Quote Originally Posted by ithacamike View Post
    You will not find a nicer 4th Gen F-Body anywhere.....
    I searched for the longest time here in florida for even a decent Fbody... And only a select few were found... Most were outta my price range... But I think this one would sell quick here at that price... Good luck on the sale... Whoever gets it is getting a deal...

iTrader
    wow sounds like a great car . i know i would like it if mine was not for sale hope i can replace her someday if i ever sell her

iTrader

Bright Red
    2002 Firebird Firehawk

beautiful beautiful car

now greybat66
    iTrader

Red
    1998 trans am

would you consider a car and cash trade i have a purple metalic trans am with 69 thousand miles mint ,mint.

iTrader

red

purplebat

purplebat:

Sorry, I have agreed to the sale of the car to a fellow LS1.com poster on this thread.

ithacamike
    Last edited by ithacamike; 12-08-2008 at 04:18 PM.

now greybat66
    iTrader

Red
    1998 trans am

okay thank you anyway

Thread Information