Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Impounded

'00 Z28 M6 NBM
    I piss excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaric3 View Post
    same here, all my interior leds are white (wit the exception of the fogs and asr switch which are actually blue) and it gives off that aqua blue color so i decided to go wit the blue needles over the clear or white. ill post up pics when i get a chance to put them in
    yes pix would help me alot!!! lol

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE View Post
    Thanks, Koda!!

I'd say to go blue or white (I'm biased, white is my fave). Clear (to me) is just boring. Light also seems to escape easier and you just wont see it against the overlay....stock OR aftermarket.

I'm trying yet ANOTHER design tweek that wont be ready until next week...i'll let you all know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2GTO View Post
    That's just great! You wait just after the GB then you post this statement? I hope it ain't nothing I'm interested in.
    It is LT1 related, lol, no worries They are a different type of needle, a real PITA to be honest...

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS2GTO View Post
    That's just great! You wait just after the GB then you post this statement? I hope it ain't nothing I'm interested in.
    G, You're taken care of. I'm taking extra special care of you and that B-E-A-UTIFUL car!!

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by koda.Z28 View Post
    yes pix would help me alot!!! lol
    i havent gotten them yet but when they show up ill get them in asap

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

i havent gotten them yet but when they show up ill get them in asap
    Really? nothing yet? Weird... They all went out Jan 6th with no more than 3 day delivery.

I recently had a problem with another set....they still have NOT arrived in over a month!

Please, Please keep me posted. At least I paid extra for the insurance.

1998 Camaro Z/28

Really? nothing yet? Weird... They all went out Jan 6th with no more than 3 day delivery.

I recently had a problem with another set....they still have NOT arrived in over a month!

Please, Please keep me posted. At least I paid extra for the insurance.
    no worries, i got them today

when i opened them tho, theres like a white powder on the caps and needles themselves and its a huge pain to wipe, is there any easy way to get the stuff off?

NBM
    1998 Z28

no worries, i got them today

when i opened them tho, theres like a white powder on the caps and needles themselves and its a huge pain to wipe, is there any easy way to get the stuff off?
    What the heck have you been doing Sommer? Getting all Scarface'd while packaging needles, lol!?

Or, did you just send the wrong type of "needle"

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

D'oh... That package was supposed to go to Columbia.

but honestly it must be from the adhesive, send them back and I'll take care of postage and I'll get you another set. If you wanna try to clean them up a bit yourself, try nail polish remover.

1998 Camaro Z/28

k, ill try out the nail polish remover and hope that works

1998 Camaro Z/28

i used lacquer thinner and it works pretty good, so the needles are clean now but it doesnt seem to wanna come off some of the caps so ill just swap them wit my original caps than, i should get these on this friday, so look for pics

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Great. Glad it worked out! Can't wait to see the pics!

1998 Camaro Z/28

i got them in today!! i need batteries for my camera tho so itll have to wait til tomorrow for pics

they look pretty amazin in my car and really changes the whole look of the gauge cluster. the only complaint is it seems the tach and speedo needles are a bit shaky. it seems like they get snagged a bit. i tried adjustin them thinkin maybe i pressed them on to far but it didnt seem to completely fix the issue. i think the reason for the tach one rubbin is cuz the needle isnt properly seating in the cap and its scraping the gauge face but the speedo one i cant explain :/

im def lookin forward to seein them in my car at night tho, theyre gonna look sick!

NBM
    1998 Z28

i got them in today!! i need batteries for my camera tho so itll have to wait til tomorrow for pics

they look pretty amazin in my car and really changes the whole look of the gauge cluster. the only complaint is it seems the tach and speedo needles are a bit shaky. it seems like they get snagged a bit. i tried adjustin them thinkin maybe i pressed them on to far but it didnt seem to completely fix the issue. i think the reason for the tach one rubbin is cuz the needle isnt properly seating in the cap and its scraping the gauge face but the speedo one i cant explain :/

im def lookin forward to seein them in my car at night tho, theyre gonna look sick!
    Not sure what the shakiness is myself as I've had that problem but with stock needles. I just thought it was because I had taken them on and off so much then I saw a friend's car do the same thing.

It seems as though (because I got it to stop) it was the cluster not plugged totally in correctly.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

All those were test fit (every set is) before being sent. They should seat as perfect as your stockers. Absolutely NOTHING should be rubbing ANYWHERE!! As for the shaking, it's weird. Some do it, but some don't. 6LE's car has that shake in the oil pressure, but I don't have it at all. You did install the needles correctly, right? White strip facing down?

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

also, I just noticed you've got a '98.... So does 6le. Hhhmmmmm....

1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER View Post
    Not sure what the shakiness is myself as I've had that problem but with stock needles. I just thought it was because I had taken them on and off so much then I saw a friend's car do the same thing.

It seems as though (because I got it to stop) it was the cluster not plugged totally in correctly.
    that may be the prob, ill check if i put the cluster back in properly and everything again

All those were test fit (every set is) before being sent. They should seat as perfect as your stockers. Absolutely NOTHING should be rubbing ANYWHERE!! As for the shaking, it's weird. Some do it, but some don't. 6LE's car has that shake in the oil pressure, but I don't have it at all. You did install the needles correctly, right? White strip facing down?
    ya mine has a lil shake in the oil pressure too, that happened wit stock needles tho too lol white strips are down

also, I just noticed you've got a '98.... So does 6le. Hhhmmmmm....
    ya, that may have somethin to do wit it. my poor babys a bastard year :/ haha

ill troubleshoot it qyuick now and get back... took a quick look but short on time now so ill take a peek again tomorrow hopefully
    Last edited by Avaric3; 01-14-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

G, You're taken care of. I'm taking extra special care of you and that B-E-A-UTIFUL car!!
    Sweeeeeet! And thanks for the compliments
    Hopefully I can come out and hang with ya'lls on fridays before the overlays come in.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information