Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    please explain why u belive this ? id love to know......and this isnt ihumphondas.com so be careful

ihumphondas

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I bought both of my 240SXs for less than $1000 each. Both had straight bodies, were stock and full interior... certainly not shit-boxes. As they stand right now one is well into the 10s with a 4 cylinder and the other is knocking on 10s with an LS1.

240SX (RWD) - $800
    SR20DET - $1200
    GT35R setup complete - $3000
    Tein Suspension - $600

I've done all the work, tuning, and maintenance myself. So with other misc. items that's a 10s street car for $6000, that handles well, looks good, and moves out very fast.

My '02 Camaro SS I bought for - $10000
    The fucker handled like a boat (I'm into suspension), spent $2000 worth of sway bars, coils, struts, chassis bars, panhard bars, torque arms, etc. along with test and tuning of the suspension to get the car to handle somewhat decent.

I threw on some quality bolt ons (QTP headers, true duals, SLP lid, other minor stuff) - $1000 for that goodness

I went the nitrous route on this car and did a 150 dry shot with all the works. - $600 for that

Had to get that Moser 12 bolt - since I broke the 10 bolt - I think I paid $1200 for the rear kit.

After some test and tuning at the track I was getting mid 11s (this was a 6 speed car) and trapping in the mid 120mph range. $15k for all that.... in case you're counting.

I eventually got fed up with this car, since it was good at the track, but didn't satisfy me on the street, but I loved that engine under the hood... so I found a RWD chassis that would "satisfy me" to put this engine I liked so much into, hence my other 240SX.

Sorry for the big rant, I just can't stand when ignorant people don't respect others rides. I personally am at home talking to domestic or import builders. I've been exposed to both sides, and have owned and modded both sides. I understand that everyone has there preference in car choice, but don't bash other peoples choice of cars.

Yea I am still waiting on an S14 Silva front clip. other then that I have a straight body and full interior. With a blown KA duel cam lol. Will rebuild after the swap.
    BTW where did u get the 12 bolt for that cheap or was it used?

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

I bought both of my 240SXs for less than $1000 each. Both had straight bodies, were stock and full interior... certainly not shit-boxes. As they stand right now one is well into the 10s with a 4 cylinder and the other is knocking on 10s with an LS1.

240SX (RWD) - $800
    SR20DET - $1200
    GT35R setup complete - $3000
    Tein Suspension - $600

I've done all the work, tuning, and maintenance myself. So with other misc. items that's a 10s street car for $6000, that handles well, looks good, and moves out very fast.

My '02 Camaro SS I bought for - $10000
    The fucker handled like a boat (I'm into suspension), spent $2000 worth of sway bars, coils, struts, chassis bars, panhard bars, torque arms, etc. along with test and tuning of the suspension to get the car to handle somewhat decent.

I threw on some quality bolt ons (QTP headers, true duals, SLP lid, other minor stuff) - $1000 for that goodness

I went the nitrous route on this car and did a 150 dry shot with all the works. - $600 for that

Had to get that Moser 12 bolt - since I broke the 10 bolt - I think I paid $1200 for the rear kit.

After some test and tuning at the track I was getting mid 11s (this was a 6 speed car) and trapping in the mid 120mph range. $15k for all that.... in case you're counting.

I eventually got fed up with this car, since it was good at the track, but didn't satisfy me on the street, but I loved that engine under the hood... so I found a RWD chassis that would "satisfy me" to put this engine I liked so much into, hence my other 240SX.

Sorry for the big rant, I just can't stand when ignorant people don't respect others rides. I personally am at home talking to domestic or import builders. I've been exposed to both sides, and have owned and modded both sides. I understand that everyone has there preference in car choice, but don't bash other peoples choice of cars.
    QFT. I agree completely. I think its so stupid to hate on someone because they own an import or domestic. Both have their ups and downs.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    QFT. I agree completely. I think its so stupid to hate on someone because they own an import or domestic. Both have their ups and downs.
    nobodys hating on somONE......im just not a fan of tq steer prone fwd econoboxes........on a side note those 240s with ls1's are siiiiiiick.......how much fabricating was involved in that ??? t-56 as well? it mate right up to your existing rear end?

nobodys hating on somONE......im just not a fan of tq steer prone fwd econoboxes........on a side note those 240s with ls1's are siiiiiiick.......how much fabricating was involved in that ??? t-56 as well? it mate right up to your existing rear end?
    To tell you the truth. It was a very straightforward swap. I actually bought a premade mount kit. All it entailed was a custom transmission mount, and modified stock 240SX mounts. You also need to do some minor notching to the front crossmember and regardless of what LSX motor you go with, only the GTO oil pan clears the front swaybar. Other than that it's just wire up and go.

There are a few companies that make headers for 240SX chassis. I personally went with Hinson headers. I made a custom Y pipe to a single exhaust out (believe it or not - not the typical 240 fart can). Custom Home Depot (ABS Plastic - hard black PVC) cold air intake (plastic stays cooler than aluminum). Some minor free mods.

With the tune the car put out 355rwhp with matching torque. In a chassis that weighs 2600lbs. fully loaded (even with power everything), it's quite a fun car to drive. Stock rear ends on these cars are good for 500+rwhp and it's already a 4.083 final drive, so that's go to go. Throw some drag radials on it and you'll net times that I have in my sig with a bolt on LS1.

Also as a side note, the factory 4 cylinder has an iron block so it's quite heavy. The LS1 motor/transmission combo I put in only added 20lbs. over the stock motor weight. The car handles fantastic thanks to that V8 aluminum block.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 12-19-2008 at 02:39 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

LOL @ hondas

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    LOL @ hondas
    ... well.... most Hondas. There are a couple out there that even I wouldn't touch.

silver
    2002 ws6

... well.... most Hondas. There are a couple out there that even I wouldn't touch.
    fast yes, but who cares. it's still a honda. just put a big block in a radio flyer it's the same thing.

plus 99% of hondas are just rice boys who think they're the best thing out there. i would say the most annoying thing about hondas is the false sense of vast superiority their owners have.

fast yes, but who cares. it's still a honda. just put a big block in a radio flyer it's the same thing.

plus 99% of hondas are just rice boys who think they're the best thing out there. i would say the most annoying thing about hondas is the false sense of vast superiority their owners have.
    I usually see the same thing from the domestic side of the fence. Problem is the majority of Honda owners are teenagers who want to be fast, but have no cash to do it. There lies your problem unforutnetly.

Like I said I agree with you on most owners, but I've seen a couple that are done right and look nice. Sure they my not be the fastest thing and as "usable" as a RWD platform, but to each their own. That 1% actually don't care about who is faster and are cool with anyone. Finding these Honda owners is like finding a diamond in a rough. I have a couple friends that own respectable Hondas. These guys have cars that aren't lowered to the pavement, don't have rediculous wheels or an exhaust that sounds a weed-wacker. They are tastefully modded, look very presentable, and have a respectable engine setup under the hood, and are more than welcome to any of the domestic meets.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I usually see the same thing from the domestic side of the fence.
    I bet your talking about the cocky stang owners, Im around a few that think their near stock 02 GTs with exhaust are unstoppable. They give no respect to anything else.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    I bet your talking about the cocky stang owners, Im around a few that think their near stock 02 GTs with exhaust are unstoppable. They give no respect to anything else.
    yeah the mustang attitude is similar and unwarranted to the honda attitude.

yeah the mustang attitude is similar and unwarranted to the honda attitude.
    Unfortunetly, we are in total agreement here.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Econoboxes? Since when is a Prelude an econobox? Torque steer? Heard of ATTS?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Its a FWD Honda with a 4 banger. Its a damn econo car, what would you call it??

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

WESMAN is in the motha fuckin house, honda humpers watch out lol

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

heard of what? no i havnt i drive a REAL car ......preludes are slow

heard of what? no i havnt i drive a REAL car ......preludes are slow
    Yep, they weigh over 3000lbs. and the top model only came with 200hp (H22). Not a good recipe for performance. I generally see them running in the 15s at the track with bolt ons and stuff.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    WESMAN is in the motha fuckin house, honda humpers watch out lol

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I can only think of 2 cars that honda as made to go "fast"
    S2K and NSX the rest are trully eco boxes.
    Who the fuck makes a "sports" car from FWD?

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I can only think of 2 cars that honda as made to go "fast"
    S2K and NSX the rest are trully eco boxes.
    Who the fuck makes a "sports" car from FWD?
    I've driven both of them. The S2K is a fantastic handling car, even in stock form. The problem with this car is it sucks for daily driving because it makes all of its 240hp at the very top. So when driving normal on the street you're winding the motor out to 5k+ just to get moving. Basically, if you're racing the car around a course it will impress, when you're not racing and just driving you will be disappointed.

The NSX is one of the best car's I've driven. I drove a bolt ons one with suspension work. That car was amazing to drive. It nailed the corners and hit the apexes perfectly. The steering was just fantastic. The car felt planted and rigid around the track. Since it had a V6 over the rear wheels, the traction and torque was there. It was quite usable on the street, not to mention the car looks like sex on wheels. This car is definately not a very fast car, but in a car like this, you get what I like to call "the total package". Everything works so well together on and off the street. That being said, I do believe the car is overpriced.

Everything else made my Honda was FWD nonsense for the daily commuter. However, anything can be made fast.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information