Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

here's some reading for you.
    Cadillac Northstar 4.6 Engine
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Now about the modding thing..

IF I was talking about making it faster, I would'nt be talking about cheap shit like a stall, an off the shelf shift kit, and a couple mufflers.lmfao!

I'd be talking about spooling it and changing it over to a manual transaxle.

I certainly would'nt tell you to keep that 4t80e in there, unless you were building something like an LS7 or something like that for it.

Even then I would NOT tell you to use an auto lmfao!

That trany is MASSIVE, and very heavy, this is why the other comments are so foreign to me..

Sure it's a good trany but it's huge! I'd be pushing you in the dirrection of a Muncie Getrag 4-5 spd with an adaptor, not an auto..

I would'nt even fuckin' waste my time with an auto if I was modding a Northstar..

Oh and,, 5.0 this, "good luck" with your "modding" a Northstar plan with a stall and 2 mufflers to make it faster..

Ya had me goin' for a minute there good one!..touche
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-27-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: added to

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

What a few shitty days

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Oh and,, 5.0 this, "good luck" with your "modding" a Northstar plan with a stall and 2 mufflers to make it faster..

Ya had me goin' for a minute there good one!..touche
    You fail at reading comprehension. What you're talking about will still fuck with the drivability of that car. A shift kit? really? If everything was working fine, leave it alone and drive it. Dumping more money into that car is a mistake.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

All I said was about doing some exhaust work, and a stall.
    Now about the modding thing..

IF I was talking about making it faster, I would'nt be talking about cheap shit like a stall, an off the shelf shift kit, and a couple mufflers.lmfao!
    :
    Last edited by 35th-ANV-SS; 02-27-2012 at 12:09 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    You fail at reading comprehension. What you're talking about will still fuck with the drivability of that car. A shift kit? really? If everything was working fine, leave it alone and drive it. Dumping more money into that car is a mistake.
    No,, I understand very well thanks..

To the other, any proof?

NM I can see your knowledge of FWD's and DOHC engines is limited..

We'll just end the pointless convo here.. mkay?
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-27-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added to

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

So this is some bullshit!! Long story short is that im leaving work and the corsica starts spitting and sputtering. We find a rocker not moving and the car is backfiring. We change all pushrods and lifters and find out it doesnt help due to a worn cam lobe........fuckin seriously???? Never heard a 3.1L do that! We then find out the caddie has a massive tick from being overheated. Said fuck it and bought a new north star. 34891 miles with a 120 day warrenty for $1000

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    So this is some bullshit!! Long story short is that im leaving work and the corsica starts spitting and sputtering. We find a rocker not moving and the car is backfiring. We change all pushrods and lifters and find out it doesnt help due to a worn cam lobe........fuckin seriously???? Never heard a 3.1L do that! We then find out the caddie has a massive tick from being overheated. Said fuck it and bought a new north star. 34891 miles with a 120 day warrenty for $1000
    Oh boy, that sucks man.

Least you got another with low mileage and @ a good price.

Bummer Bro..

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

So now you are up to 1400, still far cheaper than you could buy the car for but one more major failure and you are there. Good luck and I hope you do not find anymore issues.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Got the new engine yesterday It looks good except for a valve cover leak at 34XXX miles.......damn Caddies Going to replace the gasket and install. Came with a few extra goodies that may help in the long run like (Exhaust manifolds, coils, etc....) So this brings up a question. How do I register this thing? How do I prove the motor is newer? Obviously if I was to trade this in or sell it privately, a 34XXX mile will net me more money then a 94XXX mile car. Do I just change the miles on the title (Odometer not accurate? ) Anyone with experience for this?

EDIT: OMG I went on autotrader and looked up my area and 94-96 Eldorado's and WOW is all I can say. Some people wanted $13XXX for a 56,XXX mile car Average price was around $5,700 and 80XXX miles. I should have NO issue getting $6K for it with 34XXX miles compared to those idiots
    Last edited by blackSS01; 03-02-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Ray Charles blue

Try it....market is soft.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Since I don't need to sell it......price it high and laugh my way to the bank

Ray Charles blue

Or price it reasonalbly and sell it quicker. lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thats the thing, I don't really want to get rid of it so if I price it high, it could wait for all I care. Either way, I probably won't try to get rid of it for at least a year or two.

Ray Charles blue

Drive the bitch, hit a deer, collect insurance money.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Got the new engine yesterday It looks good except for a valve cover leak at 34XXX miles.......damn Caddies Going to replace the gasket and install. Came with a few extra goodies that may help in the long run like (Exhaust manifolds, coils, etc....) So this brings up a question. How do I register this thing? How do I prove the motor is newer? Obviously if I was to trade this in or sell it privately, a 34XXX mile will net me more money then a 94XXX mile car. Do I just change the miles on the title (Odometer not accurate? ) Anyone with experience for this?

EDIT: OMG I went on autotrader and looked up my area and 94-96 Eldorado's and WOW is all I can say. Some people wanted $13XXX for a 56,XXX mile car Average price was around $5,700 and 80XXX miles. I should have NO issue getting $6K for it with 34XXX miles compared to those idiots

Umm... if the car currently has 94K miles on it, putting in a 34K mile engine doesnt change anything. In fact, I'd take a close look at your state's vehicle laws, as it is most likely illegal to change the odometer. Not to mention it's very easy for your average person to check on the how many miles the car has via carfax or autocheck, and you'll end up with a car that lists as odometer fraud and the value will tank.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I wouldnt change the odometer, I will just have proof that I purchased a lower mile engine and had it installed. No clue how I would even go about changing odometer besides buying a new one

red
    95 Z28

Honestly, that may scare some people away from the car. Not many people want to buy a car that has had the motor replaced. It calls into question how well the car was maintained, and how hard it was driven.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information