Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX_Perf View Post
    Many people claim a 12rwhp gain with a good set of ignition wires.
    I expected a zero gain from my wires.
    The same I would expect from my plugs.
    I just can't see such a short range of resistance making a difference.

I am sure you know why I am skeptical. So many companies have come out saying they have the BEST spark plug, the less resistant, this and that.
    And yet, good old NGK continues to be what I use....along with many.

Yellow
    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    you either got a supplier from a higher power or you guys own a piece of Mars
    haha... no NGK needs to obide by federal guidelines for noise emissions which mandates the use of a supressive carbon core in all spark plugs. WeaponX doesn't have to obide by the same regulations since our spark plugs are for "off road race use" meaning we can use whatever materials we want in the core of the spark plug without worrying about federal guidelines and regulations. The idea is to design a spark plug with no regulations or stipulations on material selection and this is the loophole.

The only down side is that we can't advertise them as a factory replacement piece if "pep boys" or any other mass chain markets them. Who cares, all we care about is power output.

Yellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I expected a zero gain from my wires.
    The same I would expect from my plugs.
    I just can't see such a short range of resistance making a difference.

I am sure you know why I am skeptical. So many companies have come out saying they have the BEST spark plug, the less resistant, this and that.
    And yet, good old NGK continues to be what I use....along with many.
    The one thing that this sport does not do is stay stagnant. It's in a continual state of evolution. Every supercharger is better then it's predecessor, every part is growing for better durability, better functionality and better performance.

There is never anything wrong with the old stuff but engineering is about improving what is already there for better all around performance. I agree that the TR's will do what they need to do, but there are other plugs that will do things better, in theory and in practice.

Also, again my offer stands, it's a FREE set of spark plugs and all that is required is a before and after. I don't see the gimmik companies up at the plate making the same offer. I've sent plugs out to other big name companies and made them believers as well, it's just a matter of time before others realize it as well.
    Last edited by WeaponX_Perf; 07-08-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Yellow
    Here is the link to the TECH thread. Anybody that has any questions feel free to ask.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91248

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I see everone likes ngks, what makes them better then acdelcos?
    just curious?
    Doesn't NGK make the delco plugs?

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

OK......if there is no more need to have radio supression, why are they still required to have it?
    From a manufacturing standpoint it makes no monetary sense to add non-essential components into a product.

rapter34
    Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    OK......if there is no more need to have radio supression, why are they still required to have it?
    From a manufacturing standpoint it makes no monetary sense to add non-essential components into a product.
    I would assume that it is more of a precotionary measure of the little static that does get through. you know how slow the goverment is to change any of there regulations.
    Last edited by rapter34; 07-08-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

There is never anything wrong with the old stuff but engineering is about improving what is already there for better all around performance. I agree that the TR's will do what they need to do, but there are other plugs that will do things better, in theory and in practice.
    Pulstar says damn near the same thing.

And don't the NGK's work well because of the level of resistance?? That level works well with our ignition system.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL... I'll put money on the table with a back to back vs the TR55's or the TR6's. Anybody game?

Before we even developed the spark plug we sent prototype parts to SDConcepts in RI for a 3rd party opinion on them. Even in prototype form and in back to back tests our equipment crushed the competition as far as power output.

That being said, I'll send a FREE set of our K6 plugs to anybody with a high revving high HP LS engine as long as they put it in writing they will do a back to back and return the results. This includes any vendors here.

I'll have a tech thread up as soon as the moderators approve it to show the differences between our equipment and everybody elses. WeaponX Performance is a collaboration of the best engineers in the industry that develops based on SAE whitpapers and proven engineering principals, not gimmiks or hoaxes.
    Well firstly you would have to account for the +/-3% error of any dyno on the planet.....for me that would be 18RWHP and I dont think your plugs are gonna exceed the error window. Post up the results of the 3rd party man. We'll tear them apart for you....otherwise this is a "my Dad can whup your Dad" situation.

Yellow
    Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Old tech and everybody has never tried to re-address it so raptor34 is right. It's a near useless item now.

Also, noise emissions from a vehicle readily screw up radar detection devices... meaning... it's also hard for cops to get a read from your car if noise emissions are coming from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    And don't the NGK's work well because of the level of resistance?? That level works well with our ignition system.
    High levels of resistance forces up power use in the ignition system. Resistance creates heat, and drops voltage across it, that is all it does besides noise suppression through power drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Well firstly you would have to account for the +/-3% error of any dyno on the planet.....for me that would be 18RWHP and I dont think your plugs are gonna exceed the error window. Post up the results of the 3rd party man. We'll tear them apart for you....otherwise this is a "my Dad can whup your Dad" situation.
    I'd be hard pressed to find a reputable dyno operator that can do a direct before and after, have zero changes and report an 18rwhp variance. Most tuner shops we send our equipment to can report changes as small as 1rwhp.

Your "tearing me up" is exactly why I refuse to post our dynos. It costs noting for a third party tuner house, here, on the forums, to do a before and after, and we are supplying the equipment so unless someone wants to step to the plate.. I agree you can't tell me your plugs perform better then ours and your claims are just that... claims that the TR is equiv to anybody else's stuff.
    Last edited by WeaponX_Perf; 07-08-2008 at 12:27 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Old tech and everybody has never tried to re-address it so raptor34 is right. It's a near useless item now.

Also, noise emissions from a vehicle readily screw up radar detection devices... meaning... it's also hard for cops to get a read from your car if noise emissions are coming from it.

High levels of resistance forces up power use in the ignition system. Resistance creates heat, and drops voltage across it, that is all it does besides noise suppression through power drop.

I'd be hard pressed to find a reputable dyno operator that can do a direct before and after, have zero changes and report an 18rwhp variance. Most tuner shops we send our equipment to can report changes as small as 1rwhp.

Your "tearing me up" is exactly why I refuse to post our dynos. It costs noting for a tuner house to do a before and after, and we are supplying the equipment so unless someone wants to step to the plate.. I agree you can't tell me your plugs perform better then ours and your claims are just that... claims that the TR is equiv to anybody else's stuff.
    Huh? My point is Mustang and DynoTech both will only gurantee a +/- of 3%. I posted in your other thread...I am curious of the curve.....here I'll post my question here......
    So if I embrace this theory....say I had a spark plug that produce a kabillion volts I would make a linear amount of RWHP? There is only so much fuel/air/compression to work with....at what voltage/gap is maximum or peak power made? There is a curve. I understand marketing and butt dyno statements. MSD has some really good tech papers on the subject......wide gaps/voltage/resistance versus multiple spark etc. Welcome by the way.

Yellow
    Huh? My point is Mustang and DynoTech both will only gurantee a +/- of 3%. I posted in your other thread...I am curious of the curve.....here I'll post my question here......
    So if I embrace this theory....say I had a spark plug that produce a kabillion volts I would make a linear amount of RWHP? There is only so much fuel/air/compression to work with....at what voltage/gap is maximum or peak power made? There is a curve. I understand marketing and butt dyno statements. MSD has some really good tech papers on the subject......wide gaps/voltage/resistance versus multiple spark etc. Welcome by the way.
    Ahh got you! I misunderstood the question. Response is in the other thread.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Burden of proof is on the believer

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Stanger you crazy wrench turning bastard....WTF does that mean?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

2nd that.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

It means that the horsepower increased that are suggested in pertinence to said endorsed product in this thread IMO are based on VARIABLES in terms of who's testing the product and on what application they are using said product. The representative for said product believes that it increases power across the board and is suggesting that one of us do the testing. I say that they pay for the 3rd party research and prove the claim, use one of ls1.com members cars and do all the testing in one day. Have a member present. Maybe im stepping on toes, but im just not convinced there will be a horsepower increase of more then maybe 10 hp, and a dyno can vary 10 horses run to run.

Speaking for myself, I rely on cyl heads, camshafts, intake manifolds and supporting mods for power increases. Eventually poweradders as well. Weaponx has some good theory but what i think is relevant in a spark plug is just longevity, construction, and the engine not misfiring. ngk and autolite fulfill those requirements for a cheap price. There is no such thing as a zero resistance conductor of electricity. There will always be resistance. But what do I know, im crazy and i drive a pos rustang

You sell a product, you believe in a product, you pay to prove your product.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh....well why didnt you say so?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

And for the record stepping on toes is my job....but your welcome anytime buddy

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Oh....well why didnt you say so?
    I dont know what the rules are on how you tread in regards to sponsors, they provide us a service. But for me to support a specific product, i have to believe in it and quite frankly i've never heard of this particular product. I hope its legit, if it works out perhaps we'll all get cut rate deals on good plugs. my 2cents

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Dont tread lightly man....I got lots of questions.....we all do.....I aint skeered

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information