Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best Build?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Thanks alot for the info
    No problem Sir. I was shocked myself when I saw it as I was once considering going this route.

00Z28 has it nailed down. STS's quality isn't all there. Also, it's a rear mount, which you have to go through tons of piping to get the air back up front. Not the most efficient. Cost versus power though it's a good price for what you get, and that's why a lot of people do that.

Here's a little S/C 101 read...for anyone interested.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=76

Dam Dr., that Magna Charger looks siiiiick.

BTW - Just picked my SS up today after 3-1/2 weeks!!! And it's shitty weather outside...awesome. lol

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Thats what i heard about sts too... Way too much trouble for what its worth.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone!!!

Ps dont you hate that 35th? You get all excited to drive it and the weather is shit? I woke up this morning and it was all rainy so i stole bf's bigass truck since he wouldnt be awake til i got off work anyways haha

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    Thats what i heard about sts too... Way too much trouble for what its worth.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone!!!

Ps dont you hate that 35th? You get all excited to drive it and the weather is shit? I woke up this morning and it was all rainy so i stole bf's bigass truck since he wouldnt be awake til i got off work anyways haha
    Yes I HATE it with a passion. I did get to drive it for 1.5 hours back home, but not much fun with the tops on and on the highway lol. She is getting a bath first thing in the morning. The rest of the weekend is supposed to be cool out, but no rain. Hopefully I'll be able to put some break-in miles on the new clutch and test it out.

Good luck with your build and like some of the others have said, post pics of progress. That is really cool that you're able to partake in something like this. It should be a lot of fun with some headaches, but in the end a good learning experience!

PS - You stealing his ride and taking it out in the bad weather instead of the T/A is

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Oh itll be a pain in the ass sometime but so worth it

haha i like my TA but i also love me a blacked out lifted truck!!!!

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    No problem Sir. I was shocked myself when I saw it as I was once considering going this route.

00Z28 has it nailed down. STS's quality isn't all there. Also, it's a rear mount, which you have to go through tons of piping to get the air back up front. Not the most efficient. Cost versus power though it's a good price for what you get, and that's why a lot of people do that.

Here's a little S/C 101 read...for anyone interested.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=76

Dam Dr., that Magna Charger looks siiiiick.

BTW - Just picked my SS up today after 3-1/2 weeks!!! And it's shitty weather outside...awesome. lol

Ya if the turbos dont work out., i guess would would just have to settle for that magna charger.............

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Ya if the turbos dont work out., i guess would would just have to settle for that magna charger.............
    I dont think "settle" is the right word

There fixed it

Ya if the turbos dont work out., i guess would would just have to BE EXTREMELY HAPPY with that magna charger.............

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

One of my best friends who has multiple cars with both a combination of turbos and superchargers (lucky SOB) is finishing up a project of his; a Mercury Marauder. He is a huge sedan guy; has like 3 Marauders, 2 1959 Caddy's, a 1970 something Caddy, etc.

Anyway, he has like a 3.3L Whipple twin-screw supercharger and with all his other supporting mods he just pulled down 714 rwhp and 640 rwtq in his Marauder. NO idea how much boost he is running, but the charger is capable of 30 PSI.

That is badass. Nothing like being able to blow the pants off anything on the street nearly in a huge, 4-door, sedan that weighs a ton.

black
    2000 camaro

i don't know if they're a sponsor here but on ls1tech in the classified section sdce is selling brand new 408 long blocks (yes i said longblock) for $2500 perfect for what you guys are doing

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    big set of heads, big cam, fast 92mm intake with 92mm throttle, lid, x pipe with a good set of headers, and your choice of muffler and cat. 9'' with some 4.10's and an aftermarket drive shaft. And rebuild the tranny to hold good bit more than that, then throw your wet kit on it. Cause the fast intakes have it already built in so you can directly hook it up. oh yea cant forget the tune haha.
    This is whats wrong with the way people think. Bigger isnt always better, usually its not..

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...nts-rpm-3.html

Read this whole thread. Youll learn a little something..

Coming from an enthusiastic 15 year old.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by DREAMZ28 View Post
    This is whats wrong with the way people think. Bigger isnt always better, usually its not..

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...nts-rpm-3.html

Read this whole thread. Youll learn a little something..

Coming from an enthusiastic 15 year old.
    ill agree on the cam but no matter what the build they decide on you can never go wrong with good flowing heads.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I agree with good flowing heads, however for Forced Induction, flow is not as important as CC's. Forced Induction is forcing air through, so flow isn't as critical.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

pushrod upgrades ... anyone? we spend most of the time putting new pushrods in and i think we should probs upgrade. we pulled out FIVE bent rods last night. suggestions on upgrade pushrods/rocker arms/springs/ect?

white
    2000 Z28

pushrod upgrades ... anyone? we spend most of the time putting new pushrods in and i think we should probs upgrade. we pulled out FIVE bent rods last night. suggestions on upgrade pushrods/rocker arms/springs/ect?
    you gotta make a decision on your setup first. if you go to a radical head/cam setup i believe you might need a different size set of pushrods. if you go stroker i think you need a different size also. you will definitely need hardened pushrods for sure though. check the sponsors, alot of sites sell chromemoly rods for around 110. chromemoly are hardened. stock size is 7.400" but again depending on your setup you might need a different size.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    you gotta make a decision on your setup first. if you go to a radical head/cam setup i believe you might need a different size set of pushrods. if you go stroker i think you need a different size also. you will definitely need hardened pushrods for sure though. check the sponsors, alot of sites sell chromemoly rods for around 110. chromemoly are hardened. stock size is 7.400" but again depending on your setup you might need a different size.
    thank you i appreciate it and it helps a lot!

white
    2000 Z28

thank you i appreciate it and it helps a lot!
    kyspeed is a sponsor. they have trickflow hardened rods for 110, stock size mind you.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

pewter
    2000 ss slp

stroker and pro-charger with 50 shot of nitrous(for ensurence) !!!!!!!!

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by sscharged View Post
    stroker and pro-charger with 50 shot of nitrous(for ensurence) !!!!!!!!
    just a 50 shot? the rumor is a stock ls1 can handle a 150 shot without problems. supposedly rule of thumb is dont go past 50% of the n/a power output with nitrous. ex, ls1=350hp so a 175 shot should be max unless it is built for nitrous. and a stroker should have no problem putting out quite a bit more than 350hp. most 402s put near 550 the the crank. 550 at the crank is around 460 with a 15% drivetrain loss. so no more than a 230 shot. but im sure that some more variables come into play than just a simple rule of thumb on built engines. with a s/c you will definitely need a solid fuel setup whether you plan to add nitrous or not.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

+1 on the fuel set-up with S/C

The Procharger D1SC tuner kit comes with I believe:
    Siemens 60-lb fuel injectors
    Walbro 340 in-tank fuel pump
    Hypertech 160F Thermostat
    MSD Plug Wires
    Spark plugs and fuel filter
    ATI Performance Products harmonic balancer

white
    2000 Z28

nice but i think nitrous on top of the procharger kit would more than likely require a stand alone fuel set up?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information