Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LPP headers

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

strong numbers man! congrats!!!
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

New TL /sold my 9th Fbody Chad97SS's Avatar
    I've never heard of someone doing headers before the intake or the small stuff. And I know we have just LT1's but 275 seems low. But I am the reverse as you. I have an electric water pump, hypertech programming (mainly for temperature and shift points) and ram air. But no headers.

I wish you had before and after dynos.

I do agree that the torque is way high at low rpm's on these LT1s vs. an LS1. I think it's because of the crank shaft. I don't know how to say it. But It has deeper cranks as it turns.. So torque is higher at low rpms but it doesn't spin as fast so rpms are lower.

Trans Am owner
    former

whatever its doin......its doin it pretty decent.

trust me....it still pulls like a mutha at 5000+. not that high of rpm...but then again ,the cars made in 95.

I will do intake and what not this winter probly. CAi, elbow, splitter. that should wake it up

New TL /sold my 9th Fbody Chad97SS's Avatar
    ya I think you will be surprised. From what i hear from the old guys is to have a fast car, we want to increase flow. So increase in and increase out. And they say if you wanna go faster you gotta burn more gas. but nevertheless, you have opened the out.. but still havent opened the IN. so I'd say the best is yet to come. I think the IN's and the Out work together

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97SS View Post
    I've never heard of someone doing headers before the intake or the small stuff. And I know we have just LT1's but 275 seems low. But I am the reverse as you. I have an electric water pump, hypertech programming (mainly for temperature and shift points) and ram air. But no headers.

I wish you had before and after dynos.

I do agree that the torque is way high at low rpm's on these LT1s vs. an LS1. I think it's because of the crank shaft. I don't know how to say it. But It has deeper cranks as it turns.. So torque is higher at low rpms but it doesn't spin as fast so rpms are lower.
    I agree with you, I would have done intake before headers, but in all actuality his numbers with the headers/stock intake are actually higher than what you would pick up with intake/cat-back and stock manifolds on an A4 car.

Trans Am owner
    former

dont worry. I am not gonna be driving the car hardly at all from here till spring. I live in chicago, and it gets super cold, snow, salt, and icy here.

my intake side is next. along with the beginnings of my nitrous system, and rear suspension mods. after that.........3600 stall vigilante stall, and all the goodies to go with that.

by late 09-early 2010.....it'll be gettin a cam, and nitrous should be done by then.....

then I'll post up what a real dyno sheet is supposed to look like. hoping for 425+whp on bone stock heads. thanks to a 100 shot.

midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

So I was just wondering.. I just bought a Trans am with an LT1.. needs a motor.. just a project car, If i put headers on it I have to do a tune? or can I get by

red
    95 Z28

no, you dont have to... it just helps realize all the gains

Trans Am owner
    former

the tune woke my car up BIG time

seriously. throttle response was much more crisp, and they retuned my A/F ratio.

it made a good bit more power after the tune

Black
    2001 Z28

all you have to do is loosen the tranny mount and get pry bar move the trans eitherway so that it moves the engine and u can slip them up in..

i didnt read all the replys so if someone already stated that, then mybad.. but just incase not that is the easiest way to do it...

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Realbadchevy View Post
    all you have to do is loosen the tranny mount and get pry bar move the trans eitherway so that it moves the engine and u can slip them up in..

i didnt read all the replys so if someone already stated that, then mybad.. but just incase not that is the easiest way to do it...
    The last reply to this thread was over a year ago. I think it's probably been figured out by now.

Thread Information