Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well right now my F-body is producing 0RWHP lol. But when I get a new one I am planning on getting all the bolt ons, intake exhaust ect. if I get an auto then probably a stall converter and shit kit. 3.73 gears for auto or 4.10 if i get stick. Sub frame connectors, cam and tuning. I know the stock one will break after i launch it a few times and don't see the point in putting atleast 2 grand into keeping the car together. Thus is why I am on my never ending quest to find a way to keep the car strong

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Well right now my F-body is producing 0RWHP lol. But when I get a new one I am planning on getting all the bolt ons, intake exhaust ect. if I get an auto then probably a stall converter and shit kit. 3.73 gears for auto or 4.10 if i get stick. Sub frame connectors, cam and tuning. I know the stock one will break after i launch it a few times and don't see the point in putting atleast 2 grand into keeping the car together. Thus is why I am on my never ending quest to find a way to keep the car strong
    Don't get me wrong! I know the stock rear end is weak but not that weak. I know a few guys around here with mid to high 11 second LS1 f-body cars with stock rear ends. And they are running with no issues. If you where running a 550rwhp beast with slicks at the track I can understand why you would be concerned with this. I would be more concerned about the A4 transmission going out first. If your just gonna have a street car then the stock rear end will be ok. Just change out the gears and axels.

Unless you are a great fab guy and have cheap access to parts why bother? If you are looking to put down over 400rwhp and launch it at the track you might just be wasting your money going that route. 9in, 60, and 12 bolts are proven and a much better route to go. You're right about the 2k but well worth it IMO. You could always keep your eye out for a used one and maybe find a deal.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Exactly, your still going to be dumping atleast 2 grand into the car.
    My question is what car stock that is kind of common that has a good rear end? I rather go to a junk yard and pull out a strong rear out of something else for cheap and spend a little extra to get it installed and still pay a fraction of the price of going into a 9inch or 12 bolt
    according to a previous post a guy talks about going to the junk yard and buying a 9" for very cheap and then fabricating the ness. things on it for his application. So I guess you could find a used one cheap but you are gonna have to replace bearings and do the fab work to make it fit your car. I dunno-maybe its worth buying the unit thats made for out cars new???

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Unless you are a great fab guy and have cheap access to parts why bother? If you are looking to put down over 400rwhp and launch it at the track you might just be wasting your money going that route. 9in, 60, and 12 bolts are proven and a much better route to go. You're right about the 2k but well worth it IMO. You could always keep your eye out for a used one and maybe find a deal.

When its all said and done I believe this guy ^ and a few others that have previously commented on this thread have the right idea. I asked about the ranger rear end because I read about it in another thread and thought wow that might be a option that would cost less money and be strong but from the responses I read its not the way to go.

Thanks everyone

Thread Information