Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Anybody know of a write-up for a 99 car? The one at this link is pretty helpful, however, a newer one would be good.
    Last edited by JEB99TA; 05-27-2006 at 05:22 AM.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Push the plastic panel to the rear and the lock to the front as far as you can, then. . .pull. pull and twist a little on the lock knob, just work with it. It comes off of the rod

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Thanks man ... the job is done. LOL ... drilled out two of the wrong rivets. Make sure you read the instructions carefully and you won't make the same mistake I made.

Anyway, I took the plunge and it was well worth the money I saved by doing it myself. Great write-up! It looked difficult at first. Once I got it apart, it was much easier than what I thought it was going to be. You just have to take your time and stick with it. Damn window flies up and down now!
    Last edited by JEB99TA; 05-27-2006 at 09:37 AM.

Western Maryland LS1's

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Any Solution for the agonizingly slow speed?

I'm spoiled, my beemer windows fly!

Red
    1999 Trans Am

... but do they fly at 200+ mph?

Western Maryland LS1's

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Have you ever driven a 740? It will shock you. Nice little German engineered DOHC HEMI head V8

Western Maryland LS1's

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Great Post

I just picked up a motor at Auto Zone - LT warr. for $55.00. Will replace motor and switches this weekend.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Make sure to ...

Make sure you have an inspection mirror and some good light. Once you locate the rivets, you can drill out the fiberglass-like panel to get to them (from below the door panel). You CANNOT see the top rivet, but, if you look down low at the bottom ones, you can see them and they're reall easy to drill out. There are 3 of them.
    Last edited by JEB99TA; 06-01-2006 at 01:49 AM. Reason: add some text

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    l had no freaking knowledge about cars, l printed shobx instructions and l replaced my both side window motors.. first driver side took me over half an hour because it was my first experience, but passenger side took me around 20 minds..

l purchased mines from autozone and they are working real good... and fast.. and no problem since..

also today l replaced one of my friend's cherokee's window motor today (driver side) it took me 25 mins.. it was the first time on grand cherokee.. dealer told her that she would have to replace regulator and motor but regulartor was perfect condtion and l did it for free..

here is the link with pictures replacing my own power window motor..

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...t=power+window

hope this helps
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 06-05-2006 at 04:55 PM.

Black
    '97 Base sport

Suppose I wanted to convert my manual rollup windows to motorized in my 97 Camaro. Would it be aeasy? About how much cost would you say.
    Pete

SILVER
    2000 Z28

Hey bud that was great. I just bought a 200 z28 and my passenger window seems to lose power as I close it. Would this mean I need another motor or could it be that some wires are loose??

My $$$$ is on the motor.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Question

I would like to know how do you guys do these motors in 20 minutes & 30 minutes. It takes me that long to get the pandel off and the motor out. I can do it in about 1 hr. and that's about it for me. is there a easier why that I don't know of?

2000 Z28

I spent a little over 30 min. when I did mine. Just had all the tools I needed handy. It wasnt bad at all.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    l believe if l do it now, 15mins. period! cuz know l know what to do excatly!

Pewter
    2000 Z-28

ok....my window motor makes a winding noise when I push down and it doesn't move....is it the motor? If I let the button go, it stops making the noise. I have the p/n for the autozone motor....if I need it. Thanks.

Red
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by milleniumz View Post
    ok....my window motor makes a winding noise when I push down and it doesn't move....is it the motor? If I let the button go, it stops making the noise. I have the p/n for the autozone motor....if I need it. Thanks.
    It most likely is the motor. I had the exact same problem and I was thinking it was something jammed that was making the noise, but, turns out it was the motor. Since usually when the motor goes, it just gets slower and slower, I can see why we were unsure if that is actually what was happening, but in my case it was. But I recomend that you check Ebay for motors, they are a dime a dozen on there. Good luck.

My other car is a cop car

White
    1998 T/A

cool, I replaced the ones on my 2001 camaro LS1. I'm sure we will all have to do it again if we keep the LS1s we have

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    l had no freaking knowledge about cars, l printed shobx instructions and l replaced my both side window motors.. first driver side took me over half an hour because it was my first experience, but passenger side took me around 20 minds..

l purchased mines from autozone and they are working real good... and fast.. and no problem since..

also today l replaced one of my friend's cherokee's window motor today (driver side) it took me 25 mins.. it was the first time on grand cherokee.. dealer told her that she would have to replace regulator and motor but regulartor was perfect condtion and l did it for free..

here is the link with pictures replacing my own power window motor..

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...t=power+window

hope this helps

i have that exact same tool set

Midnight blue
    1999 Trans am

sweet deal. my passanger window is very very slow. my driver side window is doing the up a few inches stop, leave it alone, it will go up a bit more. I was gona buy a set of OEM motors from ebay, but from what I am reading the autozone motors are much better with the lifetime warrenty. This is very helpful. Just fixed my passager side seatbelt holder and a crack in my passanger side ground effect. the previous owner musta ran over a curb or something. it fits snuggly on the car now instead of the back side clips being exposed a bit.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information