Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: clutch master??

Okay lets break this apart a bit, since you are way off base here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    One person pumps the mc, while the other keeps fluid in the mc. No more fluid is used than what the system takes at the point that it gets rock solid. The thing is when before it gets solid air in the mc will allow you to pump it(even if the braided line is closed). One person pumps, one person pours dot 4 in. How hard is that?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    This won't work, for starters you are claiming it takes one person, and here you are mentioning another person holding the pump. You can't pump the air out of the system if the checkvalve in the braided line is closed,,,,where is the compressed fluid going
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now all this was done in maybe 3 min, NO/0%/nada/NOT ONE DRIP OF fluid was wasted(all fluid used will be in system), and it was all done while standing up.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    You haven't accomplished anything, nor saved fluid. What does standing up have to do with it???
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------__________________________________________________ _____

ok, with what you were saying sounds like mc is already installed to the car with a bucket under the disconnected braided line. One person pours fluid in(which happens to be damn close to paint and guess what? accidents happen and where do they happen? ON YOUR PAINT).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have it wrong, it's a single man job, press check valve and let a little drain, check reservoir, it's rather simple. And talking about filling the reservoir,,,sheesh man what do you do when you have to pump the pedal and bleed it?? And this is coming from a guy who says you have to change your clutch fluid with every gas fillup???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whatever man, and I'm supposed to take advice from a guy that believes in changing his oil every 10,000 miles without an oil annalist yet want's to change his clutch fluid every time you fill up with gas????
    Dude you are way out in left field. It should be a law to pass information like this on the internet to unknowing people. Sorry to come off like this,,,I could really nit pick alot of things said here, some misleading, some just really off the wall,,,but it's obvious to me that I would be wasting my time.

I just hope the poor fella having clutch trouble hasn't gotten himself deeper into mahem.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Whatever man, and I'm supposed to take advice from a guy that believes in changing his oil every 10,000 miles without an oil annalist yet want's to change his clutch fluid every time you fill up with gas????
    I check my fluid to see if it is dirty about every fill-up and if it is I change what is in the resivor.

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

Found that link here: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...=clutch+master

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    I check my fluid to see if it is dirty about every fill-up and if it is I change what is in the resivor.

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

Found that link here: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...=clutch+master
    but we're dip shits<you, me, gm for what they put in their owner's manuals, and ranger. We're stupid.

firebird, I had respect for you for a few years all the way up till now just thought I'd let you know.
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 09-20-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    but we're dip shits<you, me, gm for what they put in their owner's manuals, and ranger. We're stupid.

firebird, I had respect for you for a few years all the way up till now just thought I'd let you know.
    That's not what I'm here for. Sorry to dissapoint.

Blog Entries

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 CAMARO SS

Thanks for all the help everyone. I "finally" got my clutch pedal working. I manned up and used a mityvac. It worked like a charm. The motion in my pedal actually feels brand new after the new MC and drill mod. I appreciated all the help.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by JDCAMARO99 View Post
    Thanks for all the help everyone. I "finally" got my clutch pedal working. I manned up and used a mityvac. It worked like a charm. The motion in my pedal actually feels brand new after the new MC and drill mod. I appreciated all the help.
    Be careful with that mity vac too. I used one one time when I had a not so new slave cylinder in my car. The car was driving much better before I used it. I am not the only one to have that issue either. It can help and it can cause damage.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Okay lets break this apart a bit, since you are way off base here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This won't work, for starters you are claiming it takes one person, and here you are mentioning another person holding the pump. You can't pump the air out of the system if the checkvalve in the braided line is closed,,,,where is the compressed fluid going
    I said it can be done with one person, but it can be done with two if the one does not have a clamp to hold the mc.

you can pump the air out of the system with the check valve closed.

I'll tell you where the compressed fluid is going... Its going to the bottom of the system. How does the air get out? The bubbles rise to the top of the reservoir while you pump the rod. When it gets impossible to pump no more air will come out, the fluid will stop getting lower(due to the air and fluid trading places), and you'll have a bled mc without wasting one drop of fluid, LIKE I SAID.

It is kinda the same idea as the mityvac. The mityvac creates a vacuum in the system(YES EVEN WITH THE BRAIDED LINE VALVE CLOSED). The vacuum is low pressure which caused the mc to have suction. When you pull the end of the mv hose out of the mc reservoir the fluid is sucked down into the system with force. Guess what comes back up? AIR

Firebird I'll make this simple to you... does your ass have to be open just for you to burp? That's a rhetorical question just for you.

When you put gas in your car, what comes out? Air
    When you put oil in your engine, what comes out? Air
    When you put brake fluid in an empty mc and allow it to get to the bottom of the system by pumping, what comes out? Air See the pattern here?

This is something I have done many times.
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 09-21-2009 at 01:11 PM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Lets keep it civil guys. Its possible that both your bleeding methods work very well. The OP's problem has been answered and solved, so if there is nothing more constructive to add, then let's move on.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

off topic
    Last edited by Cutlass; 09-21-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Off topic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information