Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NBM
    2002 Camaro

^^If he doesnt agree with my opinion there are other ways to approach it, rather than saying that is "stupid advice." Not only that, his last comment comes off rather condescending like I dont know shit about my plate kit.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Damn

was thinking i logged into wrong forumn..lol ls motors love boost 100 shot is been proven to be very safe.cant use that until 2nd gear unless you have some good tires and or progressive,otherwise tires wont hold.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    was thinking i logged into wrong forumn..lol ls motors love boost 100 shot is been proven to be very safe.cant use that until 2nd gear unless you have some good tires and or progressive,otherwise tires wont hold.
    Yeah it's pointless without real tires anyway!! I grab TWICE that out of the gate for years with NO issues. 1.55 60's with STOCK tq con.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

NBM
    2002 Camaro

^^Exactly, we were spraying a 175 shot off the line on a bone stock A4 (w/160k miles)car for a couple of years. Never had a problem and never broke anything. That motor ran great and had terrefic oil pressure up until the day that we pulled it in favor of a 408.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    ^^If he doesnt agree with my opinion there are other ways to approach it, rather than saying that is "stupid advice." Not only that, his last comment comes off rather condescending like I dont know shit about my plate kit.
    i do think my comment was little out of line, going back and reading it level headed, but i still dont agree, telling a kid to go right for the 100 or 150 is stupid advice, we all know some fuel pumps wont even supply sufficient fuel for a 150. anyhow im sorry i came off like a prick, i just dont like when people tell guys that oh yeah its great try the 150 no problem when we all know what can happen if he runs out of fuel or detonates because a slp or granatelli maf, who knows, its just not good advice, id wait till i saw a good tuner to spray anything personally.

and im not saying a 150 is bad, or itll blow your car up, im just saying for a nitrous noob, to take baby steps, it will be better in the long run, does not matter how many times you double check your shit a solenoid may take a shit out of the box brand new, ive seen it happen twice with nx solenoids.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

It's not bad, just bad not done right.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    i do think my comment was little out of line, going back and reading it level headed, but i still dont agree, telling a kid to go right for the 100 or 150 is stupid advice, we all know some fuel pumps wont even supply sufficient fuel for a 150. anyhow im sorry i came off like a prick, i just dont like when people tell guys that oh yeah its great try the 150 no problem when we all know what can happen if he runs out of fuel or detonates because a slp or granatelli maf, who knows, its just not good advice, id wait till i saw a good tuner to spray anything personally.

and im not saying a 150 is bad, or itll blow your car up, im just saying for a nitrous noob, to take baby steps, it will be better in the long run, does not matter how many times you double check your shit a solenoid may take a shit out of the box brand new, ive seen it happen twice with nx solenoids.
    I was assuming that with the nitrous kit that he would install a higher output fuel pump, thats just common sense for anyone who wants to run nitrous, especially on higher mileage vehicles. Afterall, without the fuel nitrous is worthless. I understand that some noobs just throw on a kit and thrash on it, but again I was assuming(theres that word again) that he would research it beforehand, I was in no way telling him to go straight for the 175 shot, but a 125 shot shouldnt be too much of a problem, but only if he has been smart about it and has actually read up on nitrous and installs, and I hope that the installer was smart enough to get rid of the aftermarket MAF anyways if so installed. On the solenoids, we always test them when we install them, the whole kit is tested before we hook the lines up to the nozzle/plate.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I was assuming that with the nitrous kit that he would install a higher output fuel pump, thats just common sense for anyone who wants to run nitrous, especially on higher mileage vehicles. Afterall, without the fuel nitrous is worthless. I understand that some noobs just throw on a kit and thrash on it, but again I was assuming(theres that word again) that he would research it beforehand, I was in no way telling him to go straight for the 175 shot, but a 125 shot shouldnt be too much of a problem, but only if he has been smart about it and has actually read up on nitrous and installs, and I hope that the installer was smart enough to get rid of the aftermarket MAF anyways if so installed. On the solenoids, we always test them when we install them, the whole kit is tested before we hook the lines up to the nozzle/plate.
    Yeah we "flow test" everything. . . . . . . . . .

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yeah we "flow test" everything. . . . . . . . . . Click for full size

Awesome purge setup you have there!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Awesome purge setup you have there!!
    Yeah those were the 300hp jets. . . . . . . . . VERY fun G Body on the street!

Thread Information