Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Sadly....receipts mean nothing when it comes to what the car is worth.

Another one will come along.
    Personally, I would look for a near stock car. That way it doesn't stand the chance of being someone elses problem.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

He actually just called me back and I told him the things that I did not like about the car. All interior mostly, and the ploy mounts not being installed on tranny and engine.

He was totally cool with me and was just calling to say thanks for looking at the car. Im starting to think this guy is a great car saleman.

Did I mention that he is a car saleman??

He told me that he will get all the plastic re done, fix the radio molding and install the mounts.

He apologized for his father being an asshole to me and my buddy. I told him if he gets all the things fixed ith the car to give me a call. The deal could still be on. Do people usually call others back right after turning down their "low ball" offer? Also, I told him that I wanted my buddy or I to test drive the car, NOT his father and NOT himself.

I found that extremely wierd that his father told us that he was going to drive the car. Strange. Would be nice if this car completely checks out great, and an offer could be re-made.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Good luck!!

But yeah, you have to drive it before dropping $15K or whatever.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Sadly....receipts mean nothing when it comes to what the car is worth.

Another one will come along.
    Personally, I would look for a near stock car. That way it doesn't stand the chance of being someone elses problem.
    That is what I am starting to think. I kept telling his dad that mod's to NOT add full value to a car. He then proceeded to tell me that he has a Chevelle that he put 100K into and could get 160K for it!!! YEA RIGHT~!

Did I mention these guys are loaded to the gills? His dad has 7 bikes fully restored with 20 grand into each one roughly. They also have a 2002 35 ann. Camaro with 4000 miles on it. Along with a Firehawk, and an 04 Cobra. Tehy got too much money I think.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I think after a couple of weeks and no one buys it he'll take your 15. I can see if they want to be in the car if you drive it, but they should let you drive it. I wouldn't buy any car that I wasn't able to drive unless it's a brand new ordered one that I can refuse if there's something wrong with it when it comes in.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    That is what I am starting to think. I kept telling his dad that mod's to NOT add full value to a car. He then proceeded to tell me that he has a Chevelle that he put 100K into and could get 160K for it!!! YEA RIGHT~!

Did I mention these guys are loaded to the gills? His dad has 7 bikes fully restored with 20 grand into each one roughly. They also have a 2002 35 ann. Camaro with 4000 miles on it. Along with a Firehawk, and an 04 Cobra. Tehy got too much money I think.
    I know someone that thinks they can get 30K for a modded 3rd gen!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I know someone that thinks they can get 30K for a modded 3rd gen!
    86Iroc Z??

yea, his car is pretty badass. Ide take it.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Iroc Z??

No, 84 with a big block. I could see 12ish. You can find 3rd gens so cheap and build them up easy.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

86Iroc Z??

hhhaaaaaaahhhh

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

did you get it yet?!!?!?!?!??@@?srot70q2!?!?!?!?11!!!!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

If they have that much money then you know money isn't the issue with your offer...it's the principle. They want what they're asking and someone out there will pay it. I doubt you'll get another call back unless the son grows a set and tells his dad to stfu.

I'd look else where anyway...if the interior is that messed up you know it was nothing but a drag car. They prob took out the other built engine and threw a junker 6.0 in there for the sale...if that's what you want then more power to ya.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 06-19-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

He actually just called me back and I told him the things that I did not like about the car. All interior mostly, and the ploy mounts not being installed on tranny and engine.

He was totally cool with me and was just calling to say thanks for looking at the car. Im starting to think this guy is a great car saleman.

Did I mention that he is a car saleman??

He told me that he will get all the plastic re done, fix the radio molding and install the mounts.

He apologized for his father being an asshole to me and my buddy. I told him if he gets all the things fixed ith the car to give me a call. The deal could still be on. Do people usually call others back right after turning down their "low ball" offer? Also, I told him that I wanted my buddy or I to test drive the car, NOT his father and NOT himself.

I found that extremely wierd that his father told us that he was going to drive the car. Strange. Would be nice if this car completely checks out great, and an offer could be re-made.

Now when he calls you back to accept your previous $15K offer that was declined, tell him all your willing to consider $12.5K. Then laugh and go find something better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information