Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Its not a Camaro with only 6cyl LOL
    sad thing is the v6 maro has more hp than the mustang...

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Yeah my manager is picking his up in June. He is buying one for his kid that owns a camaro. Only the 6 cylinder though.
    yup. they have three coming to the dealership here in in march for hype purposes. My boss just ordered an SS. 35K. too much for me

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    LOL the Camaro will never make it out of production. Gm just likes to fool with everyone.
    And the Gt-r is by no means any kind of (Race Car). How would you even consider that?
    Yea...Right. You have no clue what your talking about if you truely believe the bs you say...Why would they spend billions of dollars on development of a car thats not gonna come out when they are in a financial crisis as is? Doesn't make sense. And believe it or not, the GT-R is actually a really nice car. It may have a few problems, but hell, so does every other car (maybe not 20k problems, but...). They turn great lap times, regardless of required driver skill. I've seen one, which is more than most can say, and I can honestly say, pictures don't do them justice.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Hey its 300 HP out of a 6 thats good enough.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Hey its 300 HP out of a 6 thats good enough.
    GM really outdid themselves by putting the CTS motor in the V6 version. The 3.5L/240HP mainstream V6 would have sufficed, and nobody would have complained. Props to them for going above and beyond, thats not a common thing to see these days.

They've changed the whole V6 pony car philosophy, instead of selling the V6 version to people who want the looks but don't care about performance, they are marketing it as a performance car as well, just the next step below the SS and much more affordable. So instead of being nothing more than a secretary car like the 4th gen V6's were, the new Camaro still has good performance and technology in the base version.

Nero
    2006 gto

Just my .02 on the GT-R's.... Ive seen a couple of them on Federal Hil on Providence (the rich strip in the ghetto with all the supid-expensive restaurants) and both times the driver getting in was a rather robust man wearing SHINY black shoes and high end suits. Somehow, I dont picture these guys pounding the pedal to the floor and tearing up the pavement.

And as for tech, those GT-R's have more computing power in them than the Pentagon...where the Hell is the fun in that? I prefer my car to be a big Baby-Huey. Srong as Hell, does what it's told. Those GT-R's are pretty sexy though....
    Last edited by PatrizioD; 10-28-2008 at 08:10 AM.

BLACK
    02 SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/m...SANDCAR144.flv

Cobra Vs a GTR at fayetteville drag stripe here in NC.

Cobra runs in the 11s GTR runs in the 12s.
    lol...thats my friend alberts 03 cobra....best time to date is 11.0. i have seen the gtr around here a few times. haven't got a race with him yet but i am sure i can get him from a roll...

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    Somehow, I dont picture these guys pounding the pedal to the floor and tearing up the pavement.
    But how do the wealthy owners/drivers in IMSA GT3 Cup, Speed GT and other race series dress when they go out?

Regardng Edmunds - they had a pre-production model that routinely trapped over 120mph. Regardless, the dual-clutch (no clutch pedal) tranny makes high 11s at under 120mph (most production results) fairly routine. Just beware the warranty and using launch control.

True they can't drive - every other magazine gets 125mph trap speeds from the C6Zs and 128mph from the 600hp Viper without powershifting .

It's a nice GT car. Not a race car, too many driver aids and too heavy to be a track car.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Too heavy to be a track car? It does everything superbly...If its going around a track or doing down a strip. The car is damn nice.

silver
    2002 ws6

Too heavy to be a track car? It does everything superbly...If its going around a track or doing down a strip. The car is damn nice.
    the zr1 does everything much better

red
    2000 camaro ss

ill burn one in every aspect of driving with what's in my sig and some hoosier's for the q/m. all those clowns testin a z06 with the tires that come outta the fact runnin high elevens or a 12 flat even and 4 sec 0-60 times are just what i said-clowns. ive heard the most die-hard gm fanatics say the suspension that z06 comes with outta the fact is gushy and beat but it still turns out great numbers-i can say from my experience also it's gushy. never drove just rode. corvette is still the most dominant gas-powered car in the lemans and if it werent for the diesel's it would continue to get 1st 2nd 3rd every race. ALSO take a look at the scca results on their website-you scope out any race vettes are in and the results are filled with 'em til ya start to get close to the bottom of the list, outperforming any car you can name. z06 also came out a few years earlier also but i wont get into that.
    Last edited by side2000; 11-03-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    2000 red ss: >2" drop, koni adjustables 'n 275 s-compounds all way around, giant brakes, dynatech LT's, borla catback (no plate), t56, tubular everything, HARD TOP, caged, "stock" heads 'n a mean cam. -2* front camber.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    the zr1 does everything much better
    But I wasnt comparing it to the ZR1

red
    2000 camaro ss

he was responding to another guy's post.

silver
    2002 ws6

But I wasnt comparing it to the ZR1
    okay good. if you compare the gt-r to a gremlin, then hell yeah! the gt-r is damn impressive.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    ill burn one in every aspect of driving with what's in my sig and some hoosier's for the q/m. all those clowns testin a z06 with the tires that come outta the fact runnin high elevens or a 12 flat even and 4 sec 0-60 times are just what i said-clowns. ive heard the most die-hard gm fanatics say the suspension that z06 comes with outta the fact is gushy and beat but it still turns out great numbers-i can say from my experience also it's gushy. never drove just rode. corvette is still the most dominant gas-powered car in the lemans and if it werent for the diesel's it would continue to get 1st 2nd 3rd every race. ALSO take a look at the scca results on their website-you scope out any race vettes are in and the results are filled with 'em til ya start to get close to the bottom of the list, outperforming any car you can name. z06 also came out a few years earlier also but i wont get into that.
    The diesel's are in a different class Audi and Peugeot are LM P1 and the Corvette is in LM GT1.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    "high curb weight (3,836 pounds)"

"it's even quicker than the Porsche 911 Turbo Tiptronic, but not by much. The German hits 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and blasts through the quarter-mile in 11.6 at 118.5 mph. Due to their lack of all-wheel drive, the Dodge Viper and Corvette Z06 are held back by traction limitations. Despite its 600-hp V10, the last Viper coupe we tested reached 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and finished the quarter-mile 11.8 at 125.3 mph. The Corvette Z06 isn't even close. Once impressive, its 4.1-second 0-60-mph run and 12-second quarter-mile at 121.8 mph are now well off the pace, which is why Chevy is creating the supercharged Corvette ZR1."

"We know you want the numbers and we're not going to waste your time. Neither is Nissan. Its 2009 GT-R hits 60 mph in 3.3 seconds, quicker than the last Dodge Viper, Corvette Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo we tested. Keep your foot pinned, and after another tap on the upshift paddle it will clear the quarter-mile in 11.6 seconds at more than 120 mph. "

Source for above quotes..http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124017 check it out

I searched some on the z06 track times.. owners even said they usually only can get as low as 11.80 Stock

I did however find this one article.. I don't know how the hell that much of a difference came about or how stock it was but this is what he claims

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/05/1...-on-run-flats/

The zr1 costs 100k dollars the skylines selling right now are selling for close to 100k dollars, same price and the zr1 craps on the skyline, it may be faster then a Porsche but you have to remember that was their only aim, to be faster then the 911, they didnt expect the vette to do better then the Porsche. If you wana go shove your nose up a skylines ass be my guest.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Yes it is. But 3800+lbs, AWD, variable suspension, a complex DCT transmission allow it to turn impressive lap times but in no way is it a track car. It will do nothing to improve the driver's skill, either, it's simply an "enabler".

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    ive heard the most die-hard gm fanatics say the suspension that z06 comes with outta the fact is gushy and beat but it still turns out great numbers-i can say from my experience also it's gushy. never drove just rode.

corvette is still the most dominant gas-powered car in the lemans and if it werent for the diesel's it would continue to get 1st 2nd 3rd every race.

ALSO take a look at the scca results on their website-you scope out any race vettes are in and the results are filled with 'em til ya start to get close to the bottom of the list, outperforming any car you can name. z06 also came out a few years earlier also but i wont get into that.
    Not quite sure what you're saying but the Z-06 has a very harsh ride.

Actually the LMP 1 and (gas powered) 2 cars routinely finish ahead of the GT1 Vettes (and the gas powered R8 years past) and Aston has beat it several times at LeMans as well as Ferrari in '03. Don't get me wrong though - it's a fantastic race car.

In SCCA T1 it only beats the Vipers because they run restrictors and this year a 360 beat them all.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    okay good. if you compare the gt-r to a gremlin, then hell yeah! the gt-r is damn impressive.
    i beg to differ.....

I still haven't even seen a GT-R and you got to race one, cool.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I saw one today on US 301. Got next to him in the GTO and the guy wouldn't even look at me. I just wanted to hear it at WOT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information