Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Do you know if the problem exists with the 92mm version as well? Supposedly they improved the design with the new one.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Hold up I never said mine cracked I said the gasket on the inside was not a good seal,i purchased it new,ran it a year or so before I went FI,after i did is when I started having problems with the fast intake,heck who am i to say its not a good intake,lots of people have ran it,all I was saying is mine went south...i went back to the ls2 intake and have had no more leaks.either way as far as I know, I have or am the fastest SBE and cam plus ls2 intakes in the USA..thats like I hear people say well you cant run that much boost on that motor/pistons etc.ill invite anyone that wants to bring me $1000 cash ill pull my stock ls2 in front of them and we can video it for the rest to witness..everyone has diffrent experiences,in mine I dont think the fast is a good intake for the money it cost when it only makes 14 more horses over a ls2 and yes I have dyno charts side by side as proof..im not here to argue just telling, a few things i have learned.I have a new shortblock and i am going with the l92 setup,custom cam and let her rip with say at least 20 psi..my car is 4th or 5th on the GTO national board and the guys above me all have built shit so lets see what mine does when I have same like apples.

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Yeah the gaskets between are a bit hokey. thats why wondering if just better to use rtv in there or at least some rtv.

Here is link to another pretty big power turbo build with fast intake.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ure/index.html

Will find you those afr site links..

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Another big power build

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Second Time Around
    Check Dealer Pricing On a New Chevrolet Corvette!
    For the engine combo, Late Model Engines (Houston) was enlisted to help build the heart for project "Silver Bullet." They decided on an LS2 engine block, fortified with Callies Compstar internals and Wiseco pistons. AFR cylinder heads and a FAST composite intake manifold topped off the long-block. Compression ratio was dropped in order to come up with a boost-friendly setup, and a custom roller cam was spec'd with boost in mind. One of the more popular blower kits out there is a Paxton Novi 2000-based system that is custom-built by East Coast Supercharging (Cream Ridge, New Jersey). The ECS system is a more fortified Paxton kit, and includes several custom items to reduce belt slippage and mounting flex. The guys at Lethal Performance utilized the factory engine computer, along with HP Tuners software and a speed density tune in order to get the car rocking and rolling. This combo put down a staggering 900 rwhp, with an equally impressive 804 lb-ft of torque! While the engine was out, they took the opportunity to beef up the six-speed manual tranny, as well as the OEM rear differential housing. A dual-disc Textralia clutch was chosen to transmit this power to the rearend, as Daniel still prefers to grab his own gears.

Don't mistake this Corvette for the typical Dynojet racer, it was built to be raced and driven. On the very first visit to a track, the car came home with a timeslip that read 9.80 at 147 mph. Not bad for a Vette that was assembled over a long weekend! A few more miles were put on the combo, as well as some tweaking and tuning, and the guys hauled the Corvette out to Memphis, Tennessee, for the Inaugural GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout. At the event, the "Silver Bullet" ran a best time of 9.5 at 152 mph, taking many spectators by surprise. Even more impressive is that the car is usually driven on a daily basis and has already racked up almost 20,000 miles of street duty. Countless other cars have seen the taillights of this Corvette by now ... no doubt several of them being Terminated Mustangs!

...>>next page

And found this other site talking about the fast and possible leakage problems.
    Said that most were the rope seal not being in right sometimes from porters not being careful sometimes factory.
    He said he used some rtv in there to ensure a good seal. So it seems they can work with good amounts of boost but might need some tweaking with that rtv. I would loctite the hardware holding the shells together as well.
    And you can check for boost leaks easily with an automotive smoke machine. You can also make up a boost leak tester good idea a lot of the time as well.

But anyway sorry this is getting carried away about the fast 90. An ls6 is a good choice too and no pontential problems. I had my 90/90 pre my turbo so might as well try it out and as said I like the direct port option and will be using it. But if some other company gives me direct port option in a single piece with good results would possibly switch intakes down the road.Just like might possibly go true duals down the road.

But when you have big power over like 600rwhp or so you realize that you don't necessary want any more on the street so gaining another 50 or whatever from say duals don't really mean all that much. Even 500rwhp is pretty darn powerful for a street car.
    Race car well different story a bit. But I do like being traction limited not power limited.
    Its a nice place to be for an old hot rodder.

Sorry about taking this thread so far off the subject. Basically the aps kits do pretty good on stock 346s. End of discussion. You can read about lots of these cars on ls1tech.com.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Hold up I never said mine cracked I said the gasket on the inside was not a good seal,
    Thank you for clarifying that was confusing as hell.

Alright you both have me convinced with the Fast, it'll hold.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information