Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

Quote:
    Originally Posted by baconmach
    4valves are where its at!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedErick
    Oh I agree, that 500 horse LS7 is just so Ho-Hum.....

Unless you were just referring to Mustangs in that case I might still have to disagree with you. Those Roush cars are some runners.
    BUT in the realm of the 4.6 mod motors I'd agree that the twin cammers are better.

On another note, lets not poo poo on the pushrod V8 just yet. Didn't I read somewhere that GM has a Variable valve timing pushrod motor somewhere?? I'm not sure where I read that or if it was a V8 (may have been that 3.9 V6) but anyway, they ain't dead yet. Those Hemi's can put up some good numbers as well.
    Mazda has their Rotary, why can't chevy have it's pushrod V8??

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by ur jlus
    I have raced a stock '03 Cobra, it was the best one I've had on the streets. We started from about 75ish and kept close until 140mph at 145 I had a fender on him. I kept that lead. We both pinned the speedo's. That was a blast. I've also beaten gt's in the 1/8 & 1/4 at the track.
    READ SLOWLY FORD MAN. The post say's we stayed close until 140 not I beat him from 75ish to 140. You "baconmach" are in cali or so your sig says. Maybe we can hook up it's all about the fun. Win lose or draw it's fun. p-mail me. I'll also be at the dyno day in San diego this sat.

2003 DSG Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Snorman
    You run 8.7-8.8's in the 1/8th and 13.7@104 and you put a fender on an '03/'04 Cobra from a 75mph roll?
    Uhh... unless the guy started in 4th gear or higher.
    S.
    lol... My best run was a 8.626 as shown below in the 1/8... My big mod is a replacement K&N filter <-- sarcasm... So, I'm pretty much stock... stock exhaust, tires, etc.... and the big heavy Vert... The best was out of 7 runs. most were in the 8.7 range. This was the second time at the track. First time only got 2 runs in.

im going to have to snormans post here.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

its all about the driver
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    You're 46?
    LMAO exactly. But there are a lot of asshole mustang owners out there. Some dont even wave after I do the hand gesture first.
    324hp/333tq

polo green
    1996 Z-28SS camaro

you said ur from cali jlus? im in sac county, maybe we can hook up and race... dont worry, im runnin a stock SS LT1

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by sscamaro96
    you said ur from cali jlus? im in sac county, maybe we can hook up and race... dont worry, im runnin a stock SS LT1
    I don't worry, not to be an ass, but its about the fun. I am in San Beradino County. When they meet again at LACR maybe we can see each other there. When I get my El Co together that's when I'll be more serious about racing, that will be my freaked out toy.
    "02 Z28 vert pewter
    lid,smooth bellow, ram air, k&n, flowmaster
    hypertech tuner, TB bypass,shortie headers,Hotchkins STB

Look at my other post GT?
    Yup! It has a hood scoop so it MUST BE a MUSTANK.

But Mustanks were my favorite snacks
    Yeah, they're mine to.
    2005 SRT-4 : Stock for now
    93 LX 5.0 : Vortech V2-SQ 3.33/6.87 * AFM power pipe * TFS Heads * Cobra Intake * 80MM Pro-M * 255lph in-tank/255lph in-line * SCT Flip Chip * Snow Stage2 Boost Cooler
    481 RWHP 455 RWTQ pump gas, 5600RPM, 11:5 A/F. before LT's Tuned by Kauffman's

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by BlownPNY
    Yup! It has a hood scoop so it MUST BE a MUSTANK.

Yeah, they're mine to.

baconmach

baconmach
    yes.....u got me eh hehe

Torch Red
    2003 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    i will just never understand why a mustang owner would post on a LS1 fbody site, you are just asking to get flammed, but w/e

Just had to bring this thread out of the grave...

I for one enjoy learning about f-bodies and the such just as much as I do stangs. And to ask questions and what not you have to register. And what's the harm in speaking up when someone makes a claim that is pretty outrageous (almost stock LS1 Z hairing an 03 Cobra out at a buck-45) or makes a statment about an 01 Mach(there were none produced in 01) as long as it's civil?

Torch Red
    2003 Mach 1

Look at my other post GT?. I don't know what she ran up against but she did say it had a scoop on the hood. She does btw know what a mustank looks like.

All 99-04 stangs have scoopes(They come in all diffrent shapes, sizes, and directions) the 03-04 V6s got to where they almost always had the pony package which includes the larger GT scoop. Something about the scoop making them faster lol

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

I don't know what it is she ran up in nor will I try to guess, but she did. I just don't get all the LS1 haters constantly on this board. I personally don't go on the F.O.R.D. boards to check their bullshit out but maybe since they are a dime a dozen there is no room on their board. Maybe because they are so common, like flies there is no room for them on their board.

Torch Red
    2003 Mach 1

I don't know what it is she ran up in nor will I try to guess, but she did. I just don't get all the LS1 haters constantly on this board. I personally don't go on the F.O.R.D. boards to check their bullshit out but maybe since they are a dime a dozen there is no room on their board. Maybe because they are so common, like flies there is no room for them on their board.

I'm not hating. I know an LS1(F-bodies) and a 2V mustang wouldn't even be close stock for stock. And I know an LS1 4V(01 Cobra's & Machs) would be a drivers race. And a LS1 and Cobra(03+) wouldn't even be close.

And Mustangs are everywhere. I agree but I love them and apparently so do a lot of other people.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I had an 01 Cobra with full bolt-ons and 3.73 gears, and I never was outrun in the 2 years I had it. Before flames begin, I know I just didn't run up on the right one, or I did, but they were not willing to take curves at 120 plus (or other extremely dangerous stuff) to try and pass me. Now, I got a very nasty 99 Z28 that makes good power and revs as fast (if not faster) than my Cobra, but with a lot shorter redline, plus the LS1 makes some awesome torque down low, where the Cobra needed revs in order to get stuff happenin'. I got some titanium valvespring retainers, a comp cam, and some 918 springs that are gonna change that though. I have had both, and I have to admit, I can't believe I tried to jump on these LS1's a couple times with my Cobra, not knowing how hard one of these can run with a few bolt on's.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

baconmach
    i dont hate ls1's....i know ive picked on a few of the owners...but i do like all the cars...some of my favs is the 97ss and the ls1 hawk and the 91hawk that ran 12s supposivly if thrue thats nasty for a 3rd gen...so i hope ur not including me.....

i have my problems with camaro's and mustangs alike....optisparks where the dumbest invention ive seen....especially where they decided to put them...lol..fbodies have some many odd;s and ends parts that shi* the bed all the time...like window motors, seat motors, the opti thats like programed to crap at exactly at 100k....rear diffs on the lt1s that go prematurly....(before torsen)..and cat indents on the passenger floor pan....even on the cars (ls1) that didnt have them there....stuff like that.. FBODY IS A DRIVETRAIN VEHICLE!!!!!!!!......that part of them rocks ,they fly but i hate the bull shi* that comes with them....

as far as mustangs, some of the newer stang trainnies are junk...ie 3650...lol...thats pretty much all ive ever had problems with...unless ur talkn 05's dont even get me started...those suck! fly by wire throttle body......there some response!!!!!lol wtf......the fact you have to tune them for everything....if you dont live on a dyno the 05 stangs are usless!!!!.....and for some reason there alot friggn bigger and heavier.....i thought the idea was to make them lighter....?....i will never support those cars.....there just nice to look at......and are a joke to race....

I always like owning and driving fbodies....but i like mustangs better because...of the expeiriances ive had with both.....you get a trade off

*The fbody- in most cases are much faster....and have and incredable drivetrains...but you get all the bs part failures....and a shi*y aftermarket.
    *The mustang- you get a great drivetrain.but usually slower but to make up for it you get an INCREDABLE AFTERMARKET!!!!!

so my reasoning for owning a mustang is that....you may get a slower car to start with ....but the after market can get you up to par with the competition and you dont have to deal with alll the odds and ends breakn on you like having to open ur door instead of ur window at a drive through....<i ve actually expeirianced this-99ta 6spd 40k miles....toasted window motor and seat motor... wtf?
    Last edited by baconmach; 01-30-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

01 Cobra problems: Driver's side window went out at 75000 miles (window is spring loaded and the carriage will damn near take your arm off getting it out), There was always a weird/loud clunk when I had it in fifth/let off/then hit it (changed/checked a buncha crap, added FR500 crossmember and alum diff bushings, never went away though), Motor started making a ticking noise for 2 to 3 seconds after startup at 74000 miles (that damn engine is expensive), Power steering started making a racket when turning at 70000 miles (plenty of fluid), Throwout bearing went bad, then pilot bearing within a couple months (shoulda changed em both while I had that heavy ass T-3650 out), The 3650 scrubbed into second often, The stock suspension looked like it had a lift kit Z28 problems so far: Shifter boot ring was broken, Broke the original set of 4.10 gears in two months, T-tops leak, Got a damn exhaust leak I just can't figure out, Long-tube headers/Y-pipe scrub on every gotdamn thing, The window motors are gonna go out soon, Can't get it to shift into gear sometimes and it scrubs if you are too quick into fifth, hmmm....Unfortunately, I think more stuff will be breaking soon, BREAK OUT THE WALLET Why do we spend all our money on toys, instead of getting a friendly, reliable KIA?Because, its no damn fun to drive the hell out of a KIA, and I have never heard a KIA coming down the road and ran out to see what it was!!!

baconmach
    i hear ya man//..........and ill agree i think any car(99,00,01 cobra's....no 02 because they had so many problems) that has to be recalled because it wasn't putting out it's advertised horsepower levels......its a pos and a kick in the nuts to its owners too....

im lucky...ive only had a tailshaft seal on my 99stang.....and shifting problems(which i was able to fix really easy but was a pain in the a$$ non the less) on the 03 mach w/ 3650 tremec, 2 opti's on the 93 bird @100k, (first was one of those one u asemble urself)....water pump leaked on it an killed it....it was an opti for a 94 with the vent,,,got the wrong one, 2nd one was a pre assembled which works fine now,,,, plugs& wires,and rear diff @ 75k on the 94z....and window and seat motor on the 99ta....ive been around my share of fbodies......its just the current stang has been my fav soo far....but i like them all

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Derk
    Just had to bring this thread out of the grave...

I for one enjoy learning about f-bodies and the such just as much as I do stangs. And to ask questions and what not you have to register. And what's the harm in speaking up when someone makes a claim that is pretty outrageous (almost stock LS1 Z hairing an 03 Cobra out at a buck-45) or makes a statment about an 01 Mach(there were none produced in 01) as long as it's civil?
    being civil is fine. some take it too personal.

Silver
    2002 SS

Chevy Ford Chevy Ford Chevy Ford........back and forth on up the scale until you get to this here world record..................

FC 4.665 333.58 10/03/04 John Force - Yorba Linda, CA '04 Ford Joliet, IL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information