Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    The whole ram air on the dyno thing is puzzling to me!
    How can you add 50 hp for a ram air system on the dyno when the car is setting still, thus loosing the ram effect, better yet for the most part the hood is usualy up when the car is on the dyno.

However the difference in the weight of the two hoods,and the ramming effect above 50mph can be of great importance.

P.S. My bone stock ,right down to the paper filter 2002 Z28 m-6 hard top,
    only mod was worn out drag radials, had a dismal 60' time of 1.98 ran a 12.97 @ 110mph. the trap speed was probably due to a little wheel spin never the less it was a good run for a stock m-6 car.

we were kidding about the hood man..

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    we were kidding about the hood man..
    I realize you are kidding, but how do people claim a bonified 20-50 hp, with the addition of a ram air or ss hood, when they claim the numbers from a dyno?

some people just don't get it!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    I realize you are kidding, but how do people claim a bonified 20-50 hp, with the addition of a ram air or ss hood, when they claim the numbers from a dyno?

some people just don't get it!
    its makes them feel special..

theres a lot of kids with their stock ws6s and stuff in my town that think they will rape me because they have that hood... i run low 11s on motor... and it is VERY obvious i am cammed.. ms4, with true duals before the axle... quite a bit of weight reduction.. wide tires and skinnies.. go figure??

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

that was probably one of the funniest things ive read in a while......

i could never keep up with the ss's or ws6's.. cause they have a pretty hood.. now that i have full bolt ons weight reduction dyno tune cam heads gears stall ported 90/90, i can hang with them... but they still get me EVERYTIME cause of that DAMNED pretty hood
    dude read old car and driver from the ss and WS6...they were always considerably faster than the Z/28's and the regular T/A..im not knocking them at all...its smart to buy them I almost bought a 1999 Z/28 and just went crazy with it....but instead I paid $6000 more for a Ram Air....and there is a edition in car and driver about the ws6 consistantly running 2 tenths faster than the SS in 01 and 02....there was never a Z/28 or stock T/A that with an LS1 that ever ran under 13.70-13.80...now most WS6 in 01 and 02 ran between 12.90 and 13.2 and the SS was running between 13.1 and 13.3.....im sorry dude im not on here to dog on other bowti's I didnt think we were supposed to argue on here....but it just dont happen, stock 01 t/a or z will not beat a SS or ram air, its not just hood you moron, its $3000 in suspension, wider wheels and tires,funtional hood and an LS6 intake on 01 and 02 SS and WS6...keep tellin yourself ur 50lbs weight or whatever is makin up for all that....my 60 ft was 2.041, my 330 was 5.492, my 1/8th was 8.251 @ 87mph and my 1/4 was 13.08 @ 109mph....I have 112,000mi and msd plug wires,a lid,and a hooker muffler, thats it, its stock and still went 8 tenths faster than you would have ever went stock with urs....man why you not like WS6's?...did they beat you all the time?...it sucks dont it...my buddys 98 Z/28 has aftermarket MAF,headers,flowmaster,no cats,lid and auto and ran best of 13.30 he has 100,000mi...im not an idiot haus...ram airs were bad sorry........

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    dude read old car and driver from the ss and WS6...they were always considerably faster than the Z/28's and the regular T/A..im not knocking them at all...its smart to buy them I almost bought a 1999 Z/28 and just went crazy with it....but instead I paid $6000 more for a Ram Air....and there is a edition in car and driver about the ws6 consistantly running 2 tenths faster than the SS in 01 and 02....there was never a Z/28 or stock T/A that with an LS1 that ever ran under 13.70-13.80...now most WS6 in 01 and 02 ran between 12.90 and 13.2 and the SS was running between 13.1 and 13.3.....im sorry dude im not on here to dog on other bowti's I didnt think we were supposed to argue on here....but it just dont happen, stock 01 t/a or z will not beat a SS or ram air, its not just hood you moron, its $3000 in suspension, wider wheels and tires,funtional hood and an LS6 intake on 01 and 02 SS and WS6...keep tellin yourself ur 50lbs weight or whatever is makin up for all that....my 60 ft was 2.041, my 330 was 5.492, my 1/8th was 8.251 @ 87mph and my 1/4 was 13.08 @ 109mph....I have 112,000mi and msd plug wires,a lid,and a hooker muffler, thats it, its stock and still went 8 tenths faster than you would have ever went stock with urs....man why you not like WS6's?...did they beat you all the time?...it sucks dont it...my buddys 98 Z/28 has aftermarket MAF,headers,flowmaster,no cats,lid and auto and ran best of 13.30 he has 100,000mi...im not an idiot haus...ram airs were bad sorry........
    Here is my best... absolutely bone stock. 2001 Z28 M6.
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 Stock - 13.1 @ 108mph 2.1 60ft
    (FRA/1LE Springs) - No New Times

lid/exhaust ran a 13.2@108 oh yea, its an A4. z28

Catback/Lid - 13.06 @ 109.22 - 2.08 60'. 01 Formula A4, street tires, full-weight(even the spare tire & jack).

***THESE ARE NOT THE FASTEST OUT THERE!!!!!! ALSO YOUR CAR IS NOT STOCK!!!! 2 OF THOSE CARS ARE BONE STOCK AND 1 IS NOT!!!! NONE OF THEM ARE RAM AIR!!!!! you cant say my car bone stock went.. xx.xx@xxx.xx with a lid and exhaust...

you my sir FAIL!

there it is you little arrogant prick.. i was trying to be nice and help you out at first. but damn you really dont know your shit and you really are stubborn.. im glad that you look at magazines and go off those times noob.. do your research before you start making ignorant statements such as the ones in this thread..

THIS WAS SAID BY YOU!!!!!!!-------------->
    there was never a Z/28 or stock T/A that with an LS1 that ever ran under 13.70-13.80
    now seriously.. you look pretty dumb man...

said by you again... but it just dont happen, stock 01 t/a or z will not beat a SS or ram air here you go my friend.... just helping you make even more of an ass of yourself.....
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...ing_117827.htm

im just gonna shoot this down really quick too while im at it...
    said by you again..-----thats it, its stock and still went 8 tenths faster than you would have ever went stock with urs....man why you not like WS6's?...did they beat you all the time?...it sucks dont it...my buddys 98 Z/28 has aftermarket MAF,headers,flowmaster,no cats,lid and auto and ran best of 13.30 he has 100,000mi...im not an idiot haus...ram airs were bad sorry.......

mine with a lid and loudmouth went 8.3@84... full weight spare tire and all.. thats no eight tenths faster.. haha
    i have never been beat by a ws6 or ss along with unbeatable c5 vettes.... never, not once.. and trust me i have raced PLENTY! i promise a LOT more than you! stock and modded..
    you are an idiot my friend...

O.. and by the way... just for a fun little fact.. i will stomp a mud hole in your cars ass.. badly.. very badly.. half track.. i promise you this.. i care nothing for stock... i just think your a big enough dumbass i should have called you out and gave you facts.. instead of "it just cant happen" like your doing....

anytime you want to race.. im all for it man.. anytime any place.. any amount of money.. even though i dont have a shiny hood....o yea.. and im a little bit more than 50 lbs lighter than you... if your near stock try about 500 lbs lighter... you arent in my league, and making yourself look bad...

YOU SIR FAIL!
    Last edited by lemons12; 10-12-2008 at 05:59 PM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

A trained professional volleybill's Avatar

Black
    2001 Z28

one more fact into this love fest: ALL '01 and '02 LS1's were equipted with the LS6 intake- not just the uber powerful SS's or WS6's - sorry-

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by volleybill View Post
    one more fact into this love fest: ALL '01 and '02 LS1's were equipted with the LS6 intake- not just the uber powerful SS's or WS6's - sorry-
    haha, i didnt catch that... good find... doesnt matter anyways.. they have ram air.. which just makes them plain sick ass cars................. looks wise.. hahahahahahhahahaha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    also i think he forgets stripper Z's and formys are even lighter than the regular models..

btw man, if you wanted to go fast... you were stupid not smart for paying an extra 6 grand for a ws6 over a z28.... thats 6 gs in mods.. such as fully built H/C/I, rear end, and transmission with plenty left over.. thats easily a mid to low 10 second car.. you have a 13 second car right now.. so no that wasnt smart if you want to look at speed, which is what we are discussing..

also, on your whole, ws6 and ss's get better suspension.. its for handling, not drag racing..

your just so lost, its hard to help... so many points that are wrong, with NO evidence to back it up except for "thats just the way it is" haha..

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

boy hes gonna have a lot of slap in the faces when he sees all these posts.. and i hope he reads THEM ALL!!!!!!! heres another i just saw in the new posts...

New best ET and MPH stock 01 Z28
    Went to the track last night for some late season fun. Kinda shocked with the results

.5250 reaction
    2.0869 60Ft
    5.7780 330FT
    8.8033 1/8th et
    82.72 1/8th mph
    11.3250 1000ft
    97.26 1000ft mph
    13.2983 1/4
    108.54 1/4MPH

01 Z28 auto, 2.73's stock tires and all. Gots to love it

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So when is the op going to race this guy? Yeah 00ws6BlueMetallic you, we want some closure-now

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    So when is the op going to race this guy? Yeah 00ws6BlueMetallic you, we want some closure-now
    +1....

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    you reak of nube, when I was stock i loved keepin up with the ss's and the ws6's now that I got some mods done I like beating up on the corvettes because theres no way a camaro can beat a corvette right? And a hardtop is considerably lighter than a t-top, it makes a difference.
    were mean huh?
    you guys are all dorks...if the vettes have done what you have done you would get ate trust me....come here to saint louis, gateway internation raceway, so we can meet I will show you some real LS1 owners, they would never get on a website and try to make people think a stock Z28 is going to outrun a stock WS6...maybe in the 1998-2000 model years but not after that....and you cant keep up with vettes either man im sorry....they all have LS1 or LS6 but the small things that make a Z06 so much faster than a stock vette is the same reason a WS6 is so much faster than a stock T/A.......my boys here in illinois will show you a few things...how about my buddys dads 69 corvair its in the sept super chevy magazine for consistantly running 12.0X....it has went 12.80 and its a stock LS1 with the right suspension and its a corvair on a monte frame with LS1 with stock vette heads and 4:11 gears...and hmmm my other buddy that drives his 10 second 99 T/A 30 miles to the track and back home...and my buddy with a low 11's T/A WS6....01 I might add with a 6 spd, and still has stock coils...come getcha some...and my best friend has a 78 malibu wagon with a LT1 that runs 11.20's....okay thank.........

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

haha, i didnt catch that... good find... doesnt matter anyways.. they have ram air.. which just makes them plain sick ass cars................. looks wise.. hahahahahahhahahaha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    also i think he forgets stripper Z's and formys are even lighter than the regular models..

btw man, if you wanted to go fast... you were stupid not smart for paying an extra 6 grand for a ws6 over a z28.... thats 6 gs in mods.. such as fully built H/C/I, rear end, and transmission with plenty left over.. thats easily a mid to low 10 second car.. you have a 13 second car right now.. so no that wasnt smart if you want to look at speed, which is what we are discussing..

also, on your whole, ws6 and ss's get better suspension.. its for handling, not drag racing..

your just so lost, its hard to help... so many points that are wrong, with NO evidence to back it up except for "thats just the way it is" haha..
    The hood just makes it look bad as H$%&.....why do the WS6 and the formula and T/A in 01 and 02 have atleast a half second difference with same drivers consistantly....and thats not true about all LS1 had the LS6 intake....it was just WS6 and SS....get a buddy that works as a mechanic at a gm dealer he will know everything about them...you did NOT run under 13.6 no chance in hell with ur stock car dude, you are really wacked out....the fastest stock F-body documented went 12.890 and it was a 02 WS6....with drag radials people tell me I will go 12.70-80's right now....I would race anyone you know with a stock Z28 or T/A for $1200 right now haus....your cars are bad im not saying that, but there has been documented races with WS6 vs the vette in magazines and were trying to figure out how the WS6 was so close...you are wacked out...ive never read anywhere a z28 or t/a is faster than a WS6 or SS until you 2 wack jobs....

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Why is a regular Z28 or T/A faster than a SS or WS6?....give me 1 realistic answer how its possible, when they dyno out from factory 15-30hp more,who knows what the ram air does but prolly not much...a t/a or z28 never has dynoed over 300hp stock, iver never seen it happen....why do people with z28's run faster when they add LS6 intakes?...or better suspension?....the ram air and SS always are faster, GM made them that way...WACK JOBS!!!!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

..and thats not true about all LS1 had the LS6 intake....

we said all 01-02 models got them.. thats a fact.. adn documented dumb ass..

im done with you piece of shit.. talking like a 10 second car is something to brag about.. thats quick but by NOOOO means fast... i would love for your 10 second buddies run into me or ANY of the guys i know.. one is in the low 8's.. what does that mean.. NOTHING.. haha.. your such a cock sucking piece of shit.. and your pm that you sent me back is even more funny than most of the stuff in this thread...... im glad you kept posting so everyone could get a good laugh out of your ignorance.. anytime you or your friends come anywhere near TN let me know.. me and each one of my friends will put a good hurtin on each and every one of you..

fuck, your the first noob in a long time thats got me worked up this much.. but owell.. iim done with you, ill see ya around douche bad..

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    Why is a regular Z28 or T/A faster than a SS or WS6?....give me 1 realistic answer how its possible, when they dyno out from factory 15-30hp more,who knows what the ram air does but prolly not much...a t/a or z28 never has dynoed over 300hp stock, iver never seen it happen....why do people with z28's run faster when they add LS6 intakes?...or better suspension?....the ram air and SS always are faster, GM made them that way...WACK JOBS!!!!
    I don't think you are getting it. He's not saying a Z28 is faster than an SS or a WS6 T/A. He's saying there isn't much of a difference unless you are talking about the A4 cars. All A4 WS6 and SS cars got the 3.23 gears and had a slight advantage over the 2.73 geared cars.

All 2001 and up LS1 engines were made with the LS6 intake. All WS6 cars had a higher lift under the air cleaner than any other F-body, and there is a slight advantage to that. About 10% of the 01 cars had the LS6 block and about 60% of the 02 cars had the LS6 block. For 03 all LS1 motors for the Vette used the LS6 block.

I've owned a 2001 red Z28, a 2002 Pewter Z28 and now just bought a 2002 white Z28, all A4's. The 01 dyno'd at 298 stock. The 02 Pewter car was a bit of a freak and dyno'd at 318 stock and 335 with a catback, tune and lid. The guy that did the work on the car typically got 340-345 from cars with headers so the 335 is strong.

For the record, 01 Z28 ran 13.8 at 103 bone stock.

My 02 Pewter car ran 13.6 at 104 in mid 80's with high humidity. That was at an SVToA event with a bunch of new 03 Cobras and they were running 13.4-13.7. So bone stock my car was running with Terminator Cobras.

My 02 white car ran 13.54 at 104 with decent weather a couple weeks ago.

Oh there is also no dyno difference between an SS and a WS6. They do dyno slightly higher than stock Z28's and T/A's thanks to their better flowing exhausts.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    I don't think you are getting it. He's not saying a Z28 is faster than an SS or a WS6 T/A. He's saying there isn't much of a difference unless you are talking about the A4 cars. All A4 WS6 and SS cars got the 3.23 gears and had a slight advantage over the 2.73 geared cars.

All 2001 and up LS1 engines were made with the LS6 intake. All WS6 cars had a higher lift under the air cleaner than any other F-body, and there is a slight advantage to that. About 10% of the 01 cars had the LS6 block and about 60% of the 02 cars had the LS6 block. For 03 all LS1 motors for the Vette used the LS6 block.

I've owned a 2001 red Z28, a 2002 Pewter Z28 and now just bought a 2002 white Z28, all A4's. The 01 dyno'd at 298 stock. The 02 Pewter car was a bit of a freak and dyno'd at 318 stock and 335 with a catback, tune and lid. The guy that did the work on the car typically got 340-345 from cars with headers so the 335 is strong.

For the record, 01 Z28 ran 13.8 at 103 bone stock.

My 02 Pewter car ran 13.6 at 104 in mid 80's with high humidity. That was at an SVToA event with a bunch of new 03 Cobras and they were running 13.4-13.7. So bone stock my car was running with Terminator Cobras.

My 02 white car ran 13.54 at 104 with decent weather a couple weeks ago.

Oh there is also no dyno difference between an SS and a WS6. They do dyno slightly higher than stock Z28's and T/A's thanks to their better flowing exhausts.
    he isnt getting anything i say at all.. he is just so closed minded and doesnt want to believe that he paid all that extra money for a 500$ hood and some suspension for cornering.. lol

kids a joke.. ill post up his pms to me... haha he think i want a vette...

i like how he just kind of puts words in my mouth too.. and assumes that i dont like the look of ws6s.. although i think they look sick, i know that there is virtually no difference.. hes just ignorant and hard headed is all, chances are he will never learn..

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

the 1st one----fisrt of all this is a forum, the number of post mean nothing to me...you are just like my buddy with his mustang...call a chevy dealership or get ahold of road and track or car and driver or anything that has the track times and road racing documented and your not going to ever hear a stocker beat a ram air...im not a nerdy computer dork and I dont beleive most people on here especially you...does it make since that a stock t/a would outrun a stock WS6?..they dont make them to be slower man jeeze....ive been around the work man, been through military...been around people that know more about an LS1 than you do your own a$$...its th same damn car, they are very close but there is a lot of documented stuff from magazines that show some of the ram airs ran quite a bit faster than even an SS and other WS6's, from 01-02 it was different I dont knowanything about earlier models...but I know an aweful lot about my car...and I know people that are like rocket scientist when it comes to cars like these...so if you have nothing good to say dont talk to me I really could care less...whats it matter u think urs is faster I think mines faster there we go.....01 and 02 also had a better flowing head on some, I have the better flowing head also is casting #241, I also have one of the cars that came with LS6 block...there is so many peple on here that will say their t/a beat a WS6...was that a street race or an average at the track...I could easily slip up and run a 13.30-40...I have never read anywhere online or in a magazine about Z28 or T/A running even close to that stock...I have an LS6 intake stock..$3000 in suspension stock..differet cam than before 01 and 02 models stock...different head....and I will tell you right now a 1998-2000 WS6 wont keep up with a 01-02 WS6...I seen a 02 WS6 dyno at 315 rwhp and he had nothing done at all, it had 46,000 miles on it...I have seen people with stock T/A's beat stock Ram Airs sure, but it was driver error, they are both LS1's I like ur car just as much as mine, im just sayin I beleieve what I believe...and you people on here sayin ur stock t/a and Z28 has same rwhp as vettes is bull too...get over it man, you shoulda got a 01-02 T/A or WS6...have you ever seen a badder looking suspension or hood and wing in your entire life than whats on my car?.....F%^# O%^

haha, he thinks he has a different cam thats better, too bad 98s had the biggest cams...

the second one-----Dude just get a vette and ur anxiety issues will go away...you can build anything as bad as u want to, but a WS6 is the baddest looking thing on earth, and if you think the look like the biggest piece of shit who cares...I never have said anything bout ur car...my car is faster than urs was stock, and it definately looked way badder, nothing looks as bad as a SS or WS6....im a chevy guy and even had to buy a 01 or 02 WS6 because i heard how they always outran the SS in them years and a cam and exhaust alone on a 01-02 puts you into the high 11's....so suck me you wack job, and quit caring about other people cars!...why are you unhappy?...my car had capabilities out of GM's factory to run 12.90 is that why?...u talk stock and I talk stock...my stock is nothing at all...no air lid,filter,nothing...so get with the program you retarded horn huffer...U need a mach 1 soldier with some beefcake panty hose

FWIW... cam only i went 11.5... and im in a 98, go figure...

this kid is hilarious.. seriously....

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

This hurts lol

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I never thought I'd see a T/A, camaro pissing match like this. at least it's different from the normal evo, mustang threads.

He posted his head casting which was 241 and states he has a ls6 block. If I'm not mistaken it would be 243 for the ls6 and 241 for the ls1 (which mine has) on my lowly T/A.

And Getcha, that's awesome that you can run that good on an almost stock car. You got some driving skill it sounds like. But the WS6 vs T/A and SS vs Z28 has been discussed before. Search the site.

It sounds like you have a lot of love for your car, but your spouting off like you know a lot more than it seems that you do. There's people on here that have pulled their cars apart with there bare hands and will call bs if they see it.

Can you tell us what the difference between the ws6 and the T/A is?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information