Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    My camaro with 2.73's ran 13.4 corvettes run faster.
    yea corvettes run faster times because all of our times are trivial compared to his

there is no usual for this.. one TA could be faster than a vette.. than an ss could be faster than that TA.. but a ws6 faster than that ss.. and then a z28 faster than all.. you cant say "vettes are faster"

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    yea corvettes run faster times because all of our times are trivial compared to his

there is no usual for this.. one TA could be faster than a vette.. than an ss could be faster than that TA.. but a ws6 faster than that ss.. and then a z28 faster than all.. you cant say "vettes are faster"
    Bro that might be the case if it's a manual but if someone has an auto a4 he can be the worst driver leave asr on and average 13.2's, 13.3's all day. If you have a m6 then yes the variables get less predictable and hardtop z28's beat ws6 TA's etc.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Bro that might be the case if it's a manual but if someone has an auto a4 he can be the worst driver leave asr on and average 13.2's, 13.3's all day. If you have a m6 then yes the variables get less predictable and hardtop z28's beat ws6 TA's etc.
    you know what im saying though... i dont buy into the whole vette is faster than all.. than a ss.. than a ws6.. than a z28.. its racing... anything can happen... now i do believe in what "should"**** happen.. but that usually never happens..

My vette is a killer from a dig. 60 + rolls is quick as well. a 40 roll is your best bet. From a dig they hook to well.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    My vette is a killer from a dig. 60 + rolls is quick as well. a 40 roll is your best bet. From a dig they hook to well.
    Thanks for the advice man, surprised a vette guy would admit his weak spot lol

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    The Vette had 2 possible ratios available with the A4. One is the 2.73 and the other is a 3.15.

With the 2.73 gears the cars run 13.4-13.5 in the 1/4. If your uncle has those gears you'll beat him from a dig and keep on pulling.

The 3.15 gears give them a bit more out of the hole. Those cars typically run high 13.0 for the really good running ones to 13.2 13.3 ish.

You have a pretty good shot at beating him no matter what gears he has. You'll definately crush him with the 2.73's.
    Hey guess what, I did an alignment on a '99 Vette the other day and the rear diff tag said it was a 3.15. Car was an automatic.

^ optional axle

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

No way a hardtop Z28 can beat me I have an 01 WS6, people are nuts, my car has 112,000 mi and I bought it from a guy that had it for 4 months and before that an older fella had it since it was born and it never had anything at all done, I even carfaxed it....maintnence small problems about every 6 months and oil change or this or that, no motor or tranny or rearend on the carfax list, but regular maintnence was on the report up till may of this year, I got it in stock condition and always wanted one because they always ate up the Z's and the SS's and for sure the stangs....and they just look bad, Ive owned carbureted hot rods since I was 16 now im 24, aint that long but still.....I put a SLP lid,Mac filter,msd plug wires, and hooker aerochamber muffler on...still stock y pipe,stock cats, and they are showing codes so they are prolly bad, with stock exhaust manifolds, its a T56 and an 01 so it has a LS6 intake stock and I went 13.08 on my very first pass, I know it will go 12.90, but I blew 3rd gear after 2nd pass and still going straight from 2nd to 4th I was running 13.40-60's...the ram airs are bad...my buddy has a 02 Z06 programmed and with headers and he runs 12.45's and he says my car is something special to run what it does with nothing done, he said he wont race me after headers and exhaust,head,work,and intake porting...maybe 4.10 gears...no Z28 or T/A will run with me...I had a buddy with a 92 GT stang had about $5,000 in it with heads,cam,headers,intake,exhaust,rearend,tranny and he went 13.80 when I ran 13.08 and he was soooo pissed, I get 26mpg still too, if I cammed mine and did a lil valve,head,pushrod work I would be eatin cars up

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    No way a hardtop Z28 can beat me I have an 01 WS6, people are nuts, my car has 112,000 mi and I bought it from a guy that had it for 4 months and before that an older fella had it since it was born and it never had anything at all done, I even carfaxed it....maintnence small problems about every 6 months and oil change or this or that, no motor or tranny or rearend on the carfax list, but regular maintnence was on the report up till may of this year, I got it in stock condition and always wanted one because they always ate up the Z's and the SS's and for sure the stangs....and they just look bad, Ive owned carbureted hot rods since I was 16 now im 24, aint that long but still.....I put a SLP lid,Mac filter,msd plug wires, and hooker aerochamber muffler on...still stock y pipe,stock cats, and they are showing codes so they are prolly bad, with stock exhaust manifolds, its a T56 and an 01 so it has a LS6 intake stock and I went 13.08 on my very first pass, I know it will go 12.90, but I blew 3rd gear after 2nd pass and still going straight from 2nd to 4th I was running 13.40-60's...the ram airs are bad...my buddy has a 02 Z06 programmed and with headers and he runs 12.45's and he says my car is something special to run what it does with nothing done, he said he wont race me after headers and exhaust,head,work,and intake porting...maybe 4.10 gears...no Z28 or T/A will run with me...I had a buddy with a 92 GT stang had about $5,000 in it with heads,cam,headers,intake,exhaust,rearend,tranny and he went 13.80 when I ran 13.08 and he was soooo pissed, I get 26mpg still too, if I cammed mine and did a lil valve,head,pushrod work I would be eatin cars up

boy your going to get your feelings hurt one day.. bad

that whole post cracked me up.. you havnt learned much from this site in your time here have you...

come over here.. ill show you my regular ole' TA.. no ram air or anything.. ill play nice and leave street tires on for you.. but like the other kids in my town.. since i dont have a ws6 hood, im slow.. !!!

please...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

just curious.. what is your 1/8 times and trap..

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

no Z28 or T/A will run with me...
    WOW!!!!!!!!! keep on telling yourself that buddy.

again PLEASE tell me what you did in the 1/8..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

you reak of nube, when I was stock i loved keepin up with the ss's and the ws6's now that I got some mods done I like beating up on the corvettes because theres no way a camaro can beat a corvette right? And a hardtop is considerably lighter than a t-top, it makes a difference.
    were mean huh?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

you reak of nube, when I was stock i loved keepin up with the ss's and the ws6's now that I got some mods done I like beating up on the corvettes because theres no way a camaro can beat a corvette right?
    were mean huh?
    that was probably one of the funniest things ive read in a while......

i could never keep up with the ss's or ws6's.. cause they have a pretty hood.. now that i have full bolt ons weight reduction dyno tune cam heads gears stall ported 90/90, i can hang with them... but they still get me EVERYTIME cause of that DAMNED pretty hood

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

You guys, don't pick. I mean, seriously, don't those ws6's have like 50 more horsepower? That's why I went out and bought me a oem ws6 hood. Car feels soo much faster now.

Ziiiinnng....

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Well, at least getcha01 gets points in my book because he says he has actually been to the track and ran a 13.08. A lot of people talk (I'm not talking about people on this thread, nobody get their panties in a bunch!) about their dyno numbers/how much HP do you think I might have/I know my car is faster than (fill in whatever here.....). Of course he will lose, we all do, but if he ran that 13.08 with those little mods, that is pretty good and I would be excited too. I like running my 13.0's, at 107-109.x MPH, street tires and getting 25-28.x gas MPG also.

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    You guys, don't pick. I mean, seriously, don't those ws6's have like 50 more horsepower? That's why I went out and bought me a oem ws6 hood. Car feels soo much faster now.

Ziiiinnng....
    The whole ram air on the dyno thing is puzzling to me!
    How can you add 50 hp for a ram air system on the dyno when the car is setting still, thus loosing the ram effect, better yet for the most part the hood is usualy up when the car is on the dyno.

However the difference in the weight of the two hoods,and the ramming effect above 50mph can be of great importance.

P.S. My bone stock ,right down to the paper filter 2002 Z28 m-6 hard top,
    only mod was worn out drag radials, had a dismal 60' time of 1.98 ran a 12.97 @ 110mph. the trap speed was probably due to a little wheel spin never the less it was a good run for a stock m-6 car.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

My camaro with 2.73's ran 13.4 corvettes run faster.
    no they run slower... it depends on the specific car. ls1 = ls1, his isn't stock and uncle's is so it would be surprising if the uncle won this one.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    no they run slower... it depends on the specific car. ls1 = ls1, his isn't stock and uncle's is so it would be surprising if the uncle won this one.
    are you saying the corvette runs slower than a 13.4?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

are you saying the corvette runs slower than a 13.4?
    depends.. some faster, some slower.. ive seen some in the 14s...

this is in stickys.... an ls1 is an ls1 is an ls1 is an ls1...

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    depends.. some faster, some slower.. ive seen some in the 14s...

this is in stickys.... an ls1 is an ls1 is an ls1 is an ls1...
    And a Z28 is an SS is a Formula is a Trans Am is a WS6. They are all about the same.

F-Body weighs about 250lbs more than a Vette and gets about 10-15 hp more to the wheels through a more efficient drivetrain. The Vette has stickier and larger tires and better aerodynamics. The driver is the largest variable.

Certain combinations make the F-body faster, certain combinations make the Vette faster.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information