Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    It's the turbo and the cams that keep them from opening up from a roll. The turbo runs out of wind and so do the cams.
    Not an attack, but the shit talking turbo import owners I've met all try and use the fact that since they have a turbo, they will be better on the top end....even from a roll, shouldn't this be getting you closer to spooling up the turbo, or do you mean that there is a dead spot in the midrange?

An old friend from high school was talkin shit about how his wrx with a turbo upgrade, cai, full exhaust, and tune (which he bought the car with) was a 12.50 car, and my friends T/A with lid and blowmaster catback whooped his ass from a DIG!!! The T/A even missed 2nd twice, and we still ran away from him...Maybe he's a shitty driver, but he was spooling like crazy on the line, and the T/A walked away (stock suspension).

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Turbo has plenty of mid-range it lacks in top end. Boost fall off.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Turbo has plenty of mid-range it lacks in top end. Boost fall off.
    That's what I thought...never really understood that argument either because I know my car pulls like a fucker up top with just bolt ons....

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

yeah evo's just can't hack it from a roll, but from a dig they are stout. I could beat evo's out from a dig when my car just had a catback and lid, but i can drive it like i stole it, and 285 t1's help. Alot of guys don't know how to launch their evo though.

I don't know why people bash on evo's alot though. Sure they are an import, but i don't like to think of them as a ricer, that goes to all the ignorant kids rolling rsx and civics and what ever else is whack with a cai thinking they are fast. An evo is proven, it just takes some skill to really push one.

I have seen some pretty sick ass evo's. A modded ricer is a joke, i've blown the doors off of little turbo'd civics and what not, but i have been dogged out by modded evos, they have potential. I think of them as a import muscle car. Have you ever heard one with cams? Sounds like a V8
    Last edited by zero_proto; 09-26-2008 at 08:43 AM.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    yeah evo's just can't hack it from a roll, but from a dig they are stout. I could beat evo's out from a dig when my car just had a catback and lid, but i can drive it like i stole it, and 285 t1's help. Alot of guys don't know how to launch their evo though.

I don't know why people bash on evo's alot though. Sure they are an import, but i don't like to think of them as a ricer, that goes to all the ignorant kids rolling rsx and civics and what ever else is whack with a cai thinking they are fast. An evo is proven, it just takes some skill to really push one.

I have seen some pretty sick ass evo's. A modded ricer is a joke, i've blown the doors off of little turbo'd civics and what not, but i have been dogged out by modded evos, they have potential. I think of them as a import muscle car. Have you ever heard one with cams? Sounds like a V8

Mine is cammed, big turbo, and the wastegate dumps to atmosphere. Many a muscle car fan has said "wow" whilst riding with me.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

theres a guy that lives right by me in this sick ass evo... cammed to high hell and a 62mm turbo... thing is sick... you cant even hear the turbo over the motor... im scared of the lil bugger

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Mine is cammed, big turbo, and the wastegate dumps to atmosphere. Many a muscle car fan has said "wow" whilst riding with me.
    Don't let the one-sided guys get to you man, a car is respectable if it's fast, it doesn't matter how you get there, whether it be turbo, more displacement, NOS, or whatever, it's all about what you prefer to work on/pay for, and what you like in a car. Personally, I like em all. I would give anything short of my SS to get my old Supra running again, that little sucker surprised many a fox body, and most GT's....and no LS1's because I blew it up before I got a chance to get more than 300 to the wheels...but of course, I'm a car lover. Not a MUSCLE car lover, not an IMPORT car lover, a FAST car lover. I would drive a Pinto if it had 400+

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Don't let the one-sided guys get to you man, a car is respectable if it's fast, it doesn't matter how you get there, whether it be turbo, more displacement, NOS, or whatever, it's all about what you prefer to work on/pay for, and what you like in a car. Personally, I like em all. I would give anything short of my SS to get my old Supra running again, that little sucker surprised many a fox body, and most GT's....and no LS1's because I blew it up before I got a chance to get more than 300 to the wheels...but of course, I'm a car lover. Not a MUSCLE car lover, not an IMPORT car lover, a FAST car lover. I would drive a Pinto if it had 400+

I'm the same way. Hell I work at a mustang shop.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I'm the same way. Hell I work at a mustang shop.
    Mustangs are all my friends drive..mostly fox body guys...of course half of them put big block chevy engines in em, but it doesn't matter really, it's just a different way to go. Have to admit, it's a very light platform to start on , so any decent engine is going to look pretty good in one of those. Power to weight ratio. I wouldn't mind dropping an LSx engine in one, but I'm sure it's been done...maybe not an LS7 though

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

evo's , sti's, etc.....are grocery getters with a turbo in them.....and still not fast...............hell why dont were just fold some sheet metal together put a turbo on a blender shove it under the hood and try to race everything out there......the outcome will be about the same......

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    evo's , sti's, etc.....are grocery getters with a turbo in them.....and still not fast...............hell why dont were just fold some sheet metal together put a turbo on a blender shove it under the hood and try to race everything out there......the outcome will be about the same......
    I'd glad I'm not the only one who realizes this.

And anyone who thinks a cammed Evo "sounds like a V8" needs to have their hearing aids checked, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i will never understand the ricer mentality............like why are soo many guys bent on "putting a turbo in their honda"?? spend 3500 on a turbo system to get 200hp total at the most....GAY. I just dont get it, why not save some money and actually buy a vehicle thats worth it, get the total package, not a piece of shit that has a turbo in it.........all these guys think that b/c they have a turbo that they have a race car and are fast...........sound familiar? "fast and furious".....GAY......turbos are cool dont get me wrong,....but not on pieces of crap.......there are so many N/A engines out there that will rape the hell out of turbo cars........ RICERS GET OVER THE TURBO BS....i mean hell if i dropped a turbo in my car i would be close to 500rwhp if not over....but I dont have to have it......bottom line is that if you car must have a turbo to have any balls at all....you car sux.........also i love that fact that all the ricers are like oh oh i got a turbo .....well great but you car still has primer on it, your fenders and hood dont line up,,........and your car sounds like its leaving a trail of poop on the road behind it as it drives away......oh oh oh wait i forgot YOU HAVE A TURBO!!!!! MY BAD!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

i will never understand the ricer mentality............like why are soo many guys bent on "putting a turbo in their honda"?? spend 3500 on a turbo system to get 200hp total at the most....GAY. I just dont get it, why not save some money and actually buy a vehicle thats worth it, get the total package, not a piece of shit that has a turbo in it.........all these guys think that b/c they have a turbo that they have a race car and are fast...........sound familiar? "fast and furious".....GAY......turbos are cool dont get me wrong,....but not on pieces of crap.......there are so many N/A engines out there that will rape the hell out of turbo cars........ RICERS GET OVER THE TURBO BS....i mean hell if i dropped a turbo in my car i would be close to 500rwhp if not over....but I dont have to have it......bottom line is that if you car must have a turbo to have any balls at all....you car sux.........also i love that fact that all the ricers are like oh oh i got a turbo .....well great but you car still has primer on it, your fenders and hood dont line up,,........and your car sounds like its leaving a trail of poop on the road behind it as it drives away......oh oh oh wait i forgot YOU HAVE A TURBO!!!!! MY BAD!
    Thanks to the Fast and Furious, everyone somehow thinks that japanese "performance" cars are "cool" or the thing to have. The "tuner" scene has grown a ton in the past few years, unfortunately for everyone who likes nice cars.

Last time I checked, a 4 door economy car with a stupid looking body kit and a turbo motor was not on my list of desirable vehicles. Honestly, what is the deal with these cars?? Why do people want to own ugly cars with small gutless engines that sound like crap?? Whats so great about having a massive turbo on a small engine?? Why do people think sideways fart cans sticking out the rear bumper look nice?? Why do people like cars built to last less than 100K miles before they are scrap?? Ironically that was the American car manufacturers agenda back in the late 70's/early 80's, look how the tables have turned. If the japs can built a evo for a couple grand with cheap parts, sell it for 35K to every rice loving american and his brother, and then void your warranty for driving as advertised, I guess they have a winning formula. Its a sad state of affairs when the F-body goes out of production, but people are willing to drop a hard earned $35,000 on a vehicle that is nothing more than a $9000 economy sedan with a turbocharged 4 cylinder.

And the even bigger question is why do people think its cool to go fast with a small, shitty engine than with a larger one thats built for going fast?? Look at all the money AMS and Buschur racing have pissed away trying to get the Evo into the 8's. Wow, what an accomplishment. They've broken no records, and done nothing someone else hasn't already done. Then you look at something like the new GT500, which has broken 9's with nothing more than a pulley, tune, bolt ons, and a set of slicks. But instead of seeing those on the street, you see cars like the Evo and STI everyhere, being driven by ricers with sideways hats who think they're cool, because thats the car they see in the movies. What is this world coming too??

I can only hope with the new Camaro and next gen Mustang coming out, people will return to their roots, to the cars that represent America and make it what it is today
    Last edited by Wesman; 09-26-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

seems like POS's like to drive POS's

Boosting Daily

Tarmac Black
    05 Evo VIII

If a guy in a Evo/STi doesn't know a LS1 will pull them from a higher roll stock for stock.. they shouldn't have the car period. As was stated earlier most of the Evo/STi owners just can't drive their cars, but for the ones who can, who are few and far between run decent times. I've only went to the track once in my '05 Evo 8, I took out the pass. seat, rear seat, and the spare.. and came away with a 12.95 @ 106mph with a 1.89 60ft. all stock besides a K&N drop-in. Not the fastest, but respectable.. but would I race a stock LS1 A4 or M6 from a 50-60 roll.. maybe just for grins and to see the nice styling of the rear end of the F-body. But some of these guys are just stupid.. young teenage kids thinking they can blow anything away... That's the reason my freakin insurance rates keep going up! F'n kids.
    I'm the type of guy who likes all fast cars.. You get a Geo Metro to run 11's you have my respect.. And to some they may say "ohhhh 11's big deal.." Well what does a stock Geo run in the quarter? 19's 20's?? Go from that to 11's, I'd say that's an accomplishment worth respecting.
    I have plans for my car down the road, as I'm sure all of you do as well.. Whether it be a 4 banger to a V8.. We're all in the same boat looking to make our cars go faster, sure there's always something better out there.. But if your a 15-16 year old kid who's just getting your license you don't care what you drive, as long as it gets you to were your going.. then the addiction starts "well if I put on an intake, that should give me a little more power... Oh, my buddy put on an exhaust and he said it helped out in the top end.." then it escalates to, this car isn't fast enough I need something else. We all start somewhere.. whether it be the little civic, or get lucky enough for LT/LS1. A car is a car, just some are faster than others..
    All stock Evo VIII 12.95 @ 106.32mph with a 1.89 60ft.
    Highest stock trap: 107.26mph

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

well said,......you dont sound like the typical evo owner.......

Boosting Daily

Tarmac Black
    05 Evo VIII

well said,......you dont sound like the typical evo owner.......
    Well I'm 25, I'm a little wiser than the youngster's running around with mommy and daddies money. But yet I still like to have the fun in my car if the opportunity SAFELY presents itself.

teal

i don't think of the evo as a piece of crap, it was built to be a rally car. The 4g63 is no joke, to call it a piece of crap is ignorant. Yes i have heard a cammed evo, and yes it did sound like a little V-8, second of all i have ridiculously good hearing, i need it for my job. I did not step into this car game just yesterday, i've owned a 600+hp grand prix, a 420+whp 69 camaro, and my current project a twin turbo camaro.

Stock for stock i take a camaro over an evo. I've even dogged an evo in the twisties, granted the kid was probably scared to push it, i just push every car i have to the limits.

There is no replacement for displacement, period, and there never will be. But for what the evo can pull off with a itty bitty four cylinder and a turbo to me is impressive, stock it rapes the shit out of all our iconic muscle cars.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    i don't think of the evo as a piece of crap, it was built to be a rally car. The 4g63 is no joke, to call it a piece of crap is ignorant. Yes i have heard a cammed evo, and yes it did sound like a little V-8, second of all i have ridiculously good hearing, i need it for my job. I did not step into this car game just yesterday, i've owned a 600+hp grand prix, a 420+whp 69 camaro, and my current project a twin turbo camaro.

Stock for stock i take a camaro over an evo. I've even dogged an evo in the twisties, granted the kid was probably scared to push it, i just push every car i have to the limits.

There is no replacement for displacement, period, and there never will be. But for what the evo can pull off with a itty bitty four cylinder and a turbo to me is impressive, stock it rapes the shit out of all our iconic muscle cars.
    you're right. stock for stock, cars like our LS1's, 03-04 cobras, and early model Z06's dont stand a chance against an EMO....

teal

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    you're right. stock for stock, cars like our LS1's, 03-04 cobras, and early model Z06's dont stand a chance against an EMO....
    i said ls1>evo, read.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information