Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    If your stock and it blows your doors off
    you know, there what like a motivational poster or something that talked about the differences of cobras to f-body owners. for 99-01 the picture showed the front of a cobra, and for the 03-04 it showed the tail end of a cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    If your stock and it blows your doors off
    Actually I have a friend who claims to have raced a Supercharged Cobra in his 00 T/A, he said he got him off the line and was actually ahead of him until the Supercharger kicked in and left him, now he says he's getting a supercharger.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetal View Post
    Actually I have a friend who claims to have raced a Supercharged Cobra in his 00 T/A, he said he got him off the line and was actually ahead of him until the Supercharger kicked in and left him, now he says he's getting a supercharger.
    Or your buddy can take the easy route, and build a forged/"topped off" nitrous motor like I did to get the job done.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Superchargers dont take long to kick in its more like instant torque

white
    98 trans am

i race cobras all the time. i figure if they have an adder like superchargers than i add to. NITROUS lol lol they dont beat me

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

fbodies will always be better a more powerful than mustangs. Stock for stock fbodies are faster than mustangs, so they throw a supercharger on em and make them faster. Well if you throw a supercharger on a fbody it makes it faster. If you do the same thing to your car that they do to a mustang you will usually be quicker
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

I thought this thread was about the difference in cobra's to start with not which car is better

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blk_jaws View Post
    fbodies will always be better a more powerful than mustangs. Stock for stock fbodies are faster than mustangs, so they throw a supercharger on em and make them faster. Well if you throw a supercharger on a fbody it makes it faster. If you do the same thing to your car that they do to a mustang you will usually be quicker
    could be one of the stupidest posts i have ever herd..stick to streetfire ok

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    Ehh, actually the guy has a point. Ever heard of cubic inches?

Yeah those 'things' make a difference.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    It's actually quite easy to distinguish the two. Basically everything on the '03/04 is different. Hood, front fascia, taillights, rear bumper, wing just to name a few. It's really more difficult to distinguish a '99/01 Cobra from a base V6 Mustang with the spoiler and chrome wheel option. Ford gave the Cobra very bland styling until the '03 came along.

As for comparing LS1 vs. blown four-valve powerplants I don't think you can honestly do that. I just don't see comparing a forced induction V8 to a naturally aspirated V8 logical. A clear advantage for the Cobra yes, but not a sensible comparison. Besides, the F-bodies were out of production by 2003 anyways so they were never technically in competition with one another.
    Yeah but the GTO was out in 04 and it had an ls1 so maybe comparing an ls1 to modular ford is a decent comparison.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Ehh, actually the guy has a point. Ever heard of cubic inches?

Yeah those 'things' make a difference.
    You guys are right about cubic inches, but remember the Cobra has the advantage of 4v, so a direct cubic inch to cubic inch comparison will not be valid.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    You guys are right about cubic inches, but remember the Cobra has the advantage of 4v, so a direct cubic inch to cubic inch comparison will not be valid.
    Yes the four-valve layout is significant, but to a certain extent. It evens the playing field somewhat but displacement will eventually be the deciding factor. Remember you can only bore/stroke a 281 so much, where as an LS-series engine can reach outrageous displacement. Torque on the LS will be leagues higher than a Cobra at similar power levels. The advantage will go to the larger displacement engine.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

whats stupid about it, I think it makes a lot of sense

PEWTER
    2001 camaro

the differences in the n/a cobras and the supercharged ones is... amber in the tails, the back bumper is more boxy and less like a gt bumper that says cobra,front bumper is is longer fog light location is different, the headlights are more smokey colored, and it makes a weird whistling noise lol

98' trans am

whats stupid about it, I think it makes a lot of sense
    they didn't just throw a s/c on it. 4v forged internals ..plus a supercharger..not to mention even the stock GTs with the 2v are running low compression..those engines are/made to run boost..period. so the cobra isnt some GT with a s/c ....its a 4v with forged internals with a supercharger that really should have been standard even on the GTs....its almost like comparing the c6 and the c6 z06...completely different engine ..give props where props are due...i dont see to many ls1s able to handle 700+ on the bottom ends

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

they didn't just throw a s/c on it. 4v forged internals ..plus a supercharger..not to mention even the stock GTs with the 2v are running low compression..those engines are/made to run boost..period. so the cobra isnt some GT with a s/c ....its a 4v with forged internals with a supercharger that really should have been standard even on the GTs....its almost like comparing the c6 and the c6 z06...completely different engine ..give props where props are due...i dont see to many ls1s able to handle 700+ on the bottom ends
    yea i guess your right, but it sounds to me like you should be driving a mustang instead of a TA

98' trans am

yea i guess your right, but it sounds to me like you should be driving a mustang instead of a TA
    nah i am a gm guy..but i wouldnt mind having a term, and or a ford GT in the garage i give props where props are due..all three of the big three have put out at some time a very good/powerful car

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Yea your right, if I had to pick a mustang I think I would go with the Mach 1

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

nah i am a gm guy..but i wouldnt mind having a term, and or a ford GT in the garage i give props where props are due..all three of the big three have put out at some time a very good/powerful car
    Soooo Shady.... how many threads like this have there been since you've been a member? I personally have seen way too many. Very surprised our Cobra members haven't come in here to "throw them bows" yet..... we're waaaaaiting.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Soooo Shady.... how many threads like this have there been since you've been a member? I personally have seen way too many. Very surprised our Cobra members haven't come in here to "throw them bows" yet..... we're waaaaaiting.

well over 10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information