Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by jray0305usa View Post
    one of my best friends is shoving a ls1 in an 88 starion.... the other one he had 4 cyl turbo with a boost controler up to 14psi was doing mid 14s all day... cool cars...
    Neither story sounds right to me, you both keep changing your stories, especially the guy with the lt1. How's this do best of 3 from a dig and record it that were theres no doubting who won....

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Anyone else notice a mega call out? I think it's hilarious that the guy he raced got on here and set the record straight. Makes you wonder how many other people lie on their races. I for one dont, but I'm sure a few fibs have been told from people who raced me =)

I had one guy tell me that my car was a 10 second car and he hasn't rode in it in 2 years, well he didn't tell me, I was standing there as I magically gained 200 more horsepower and 9 tenths of a second off my ET.

If only it were that easy

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Anyone else notice a mega call out? I think it's hilarious that the guy he raced got on here and set the record straight. Makes you wonder how many other people lie on their races. I for one dont, but I'm sure a few fibs have been told from people who raced me =)

I had one guy tell me that my car was a 10 second car and he hasn't rode in it in 2 years, well he didn't tell me, I was standing there as I magically gained 200 more horsepower and 9 tenths of a second off my ET.

If only it were that easy

I agree with you on here. Can't call the original poster a lier since i didn't witness it at all, but his story just doesn't add up. Hence why I stated tape it next time from a dig....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    If your gona put it that way, twin turbo my car and see if you can tell a difference. You cant compare it like that with a NA car running a boosted car, 2 cylinders dont= Forced Induction equally. Other wise the result would be as drastic as me racing a NA V6.
    Exactly. Not to mention the 3000GT has a built up motor, according to the defendant.

Ricers just don't get it, N/A they lose, boost for boost they lose.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Exactly. Not to mention the 3000GT has a built up motor, according to the defendant.

Boost for boost? Show a 5.7 that will take 30lbs of boost on stock bottom end....

Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

Built motor? It's a stock 10:1 engine out of an N/A 3000 w/ TT parts.. You are so ignorant...

p.s. who won? vids?
    Last edited by AudibleSilence; 09-22-2008 at 08:36 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Boost for boost? Show a 5.7 that will take 30lbs of boost on stock bottom end....
    Who the hell said the motors were stock?? Where are you pulling these things from?? Obviously a boosted motor is going to come forged from the factory, the LSx would need forged internals to run 30PSI.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but a 4G63 is not going to last very long at 30PSI. I've mentioned this before, we had one at our shop owned by a kid (he's a complete moron) who was running 30PSI with a "hybrid" turbo. Made somewhere around 370 completely unuseable WHP. Problem was he brought it in complaining of the oil smelling like gas. Well, when you're running 30PSI on a factory motor that isn't designed for that, fuel is going to get past the rings. So its not long before the bottom end is toast. The engine also failed a compression test and a coolant system pressure test, all with 30K miles. But you're right, they are the best engines in the world, we should sell our V8s and buy 4 cylinder Mitsubishis.

What is this world coming to...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    Built motor? It's a stock 10:1 engine out of an N/A 3000 w/ TT parts.. You are so ignorant...

p.s. who won? vids?
    Only going by what he said...

You're his butt buddy, sorry we can't all have the inside scoop like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by deathsled
    I don't have any times yet, I just rebuilt this car and it's only been running for a little over a month. That's why I was excited to race someone finally who could give me a good indication of what kind of power they made, its the only way I can tell what kind of power my car is putting down until I get on a dyno or take it to the track

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Who the hell said the motors were stock?? Where are you pulling these things from?? Obviously a boosted motor is going to come forged from the factory, the LSx would need forged internals to run 30PSI.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but a 4G63 is not going to last very long at 30PSI. I've mentioned this before, we had one at our shop owned by a kid (he's a complete moron) who was running 30PSI with a "hybrid" turbo. Made somewhere around 370 completely unuseable WHP. Problem was he brought it in complaining of the oil smelling like gas. Well, when you're running 30PSI on a factory motor that isn't designed for that, fuel is going to get past the rings. So its not long before the bottom end is toast. The engine also failed a compression test and a coolant system pressure test, all with 30K miles. But you're right, they are the best engines in the world, we should sell our V8s and buy 4 cylinder Mitsubishis.

What is this world coming to...
    Wow you are a complete dumbass, Learn to fucking read. Again I never said a 4g63. If your going to put your input into a thread PLEASE READ before you open your mouth. I was talking 2jz. Look at what I drive, think I'm an import fan, well yes and no. I respect something that's different. I have a decently quick vette and a balls out T/A. I just can see were people come from. I have no problem with someone sticking 30-40 grand into a vehicle they decide to do to make fast. Would you like everyone driving 10 second lsx vehicles..... Wow that would be exciting. Hell I love getting beat in my vette by an evo or a 350z on the streets. It's something DIFFERENT. To each is own.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Wow you are a complete dumbass, Learn to fucking read. Again I never said a 4g63. If your going to put your input into a thread PLEASE READ before you open your mouth. I was talking 2jz. Look at what I drive, think I'm an import fan, well yes and no. I respect something that's different. I have a decently quick vette and a balls out T/A. I just can see were people come from. I have no problem with someone sticking 30-40 grand into a vehicle they decide to do to make fast. Would like everyone driving 10 second lsx vehicles..... Wow that would be exciting. Hell I love getting beat in my vette by an evo or a 350z on the streets. It's something DIFFERENT. To each is own.
    You love getting beat by Evos and 350Z's...

Maybe if you SPECIFIED the 2JZ, I would be able to READ it. Amazing how fucked you are in the head. You need to lay off the meth/cocaine/heroin/ whatever the hell you're on.

Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

Wes...a 3000gt has a 6cyl dohc 6g72....Evos have 4 cyl 4g63...

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Maybe if you SPECIFIED the 2JZ, I would be able to READ it. Amazing how fucked you are in the head. You need to lay off the meth/cocaine/heroin/ whatever the hell you're on.
    An evo that has been built yeah, because it's not the same o same o. And if my meth cocaine usage is bad, well than i guess everyone who makes well over 6 figures should use what i do. Reason stands there. Well maybe you should ask before you run your fucking mouth all over the place. I already made you look like a dumbass in the other import thread. Keep talking, your only making yourself look dumber.

Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

What is it like to be thought of as a babbling penis across two forums?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    What is it like to be thought of as a babbling penis across two forums?
    Whats it like to be a trolling import assclown trying to get props for your piece of shit car on a Domestic forum?? Your life is pathetic.
    Last edited by Wesman; 09-22-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Black
    1996 3000GT VR4

no forged anything in my car. Well actually I guess the factory rods are forged, but my pistons are cast that's for sure.

Anyway, Ben and I just had a lot of fun. I don't think there's any confusion any more

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

We re raced three times on the high way and a few from a dig...

On the highway it was very clear who was going to beat who all night long, the VR4 was much faster, from a roll you all always claim a 4WD car is slower but that wasnt the case. I dunno maybe i suck at driving my car? Maybe needa driver mod who knows. It was closer from a dig though, we went a couple of times from a dig and each time hed shift he put a couple feet on me until it was probably about a car to a two cars ahead before we both shut down. When we both split from hanging around we messed around and i saw him go for it from my rear view and went for it myself in 3rd and kept ahead of him but it was clear he was gaining and would have passed me.

Didnt mean for there to be this much HOOP LA we both decided the night before had been a misunderstanding and hes a cool guy. If i got a more agressive cam maybe or a little more work i could probably keep up better.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    We re raced three times on the high way and a few from a dig...

On the highway it was very clear who was going to beat who all night long, the VR4 was much faster, from a roll you all always claim a 4WD car is slower but that wasnt the case. I dunno maybe i suck at driving my car? Maybe needa driver mod who knows. It was closer from a dig though, we went a couple of times from a dig and each time hed shift he put a couple feet on me until it was probably about a car to a two cars ahead before we both shut down. When we both split from hanging around we messed around and i saw him go for it from my rear view and went for it myself in 3rd and kept ahead of him but it was clear he was gaining and would have passed me.

Didnt mean for there to be this much HOOP LA we both decided the night before had been a misunderstanding and hes a cool guy. If i got a more agressive cam maybe or a little more work i could probably keep up better.

Well at least now its settled. Now go get some mods and show him what happens when you race a H/C/I LT1

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by deathsled View Post
    no forged anything in my car. Well actually I guess the factory rods are forged, but my pistons are cast that's for sure.

Anyway, Ben and I just had a lot of fun. I don't think there's any confusion any more
    Those engines have cast pistons with the twin turbo setup?? Or is that only because you're using a N/A 3000GT motor??

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

hah or build it to a 383?

Black
    1996 3000GT VR4

When we both split from hanging around we messed around and i saw him go for it from my rear view and went for it myself in 3rd and kept ahead of him but it was clear he was gaining and would have passed me.
    I was in 4th, sadly 3rd would have spelled murder :P From a roll things were surprisingly nasty on the highway, you have to admit hehe

You hang in there really well from a dig though from 0-60

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information