Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Don't agree with that one bit. Have you ever done research or heard about the ecotec motors from GM? Little hint, look up the bonneville salt flats and you'll see tons of guys running them so called crap motors way past 200. Why because there stout motors. I obviously don't own a 4 cyl, but I can appreciate what they are deffinitly capable of.

You obviously don't get it.

5.7 > 2.0.

All other variables held equal (modifications, boost, ect) the larger motor will ALWAYS make more power. Yes, the GM Ecotec motors are impressive, they are very stout. The new Cobalt SS is nice, but I sure as hell wouldn't buy one if my ultimate goal was pure speed. Its just not reasonable.

One thing GM definitely did right with the new LNF motor is the power curve. Instead if having the turbo spool around 3500RPM (like japanese cars), the car makes peak torque at a mere 2,000RPM - so its more more driveable and torquey on the low end.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    sure, as long as you keep posting vids of what OTHER people have done, trying to make their useless shitboxes fast by spending wayyyy to much money on a piece of rice trying to make it fast, furious and cool.
    Come on Big Hammer...you know you can't get much cooler than owning a Mitsubishi lancer evolution. Every high school riceboy's dream vehicle

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

5.7 > 2.0.

All other variables held equal (modifications, boost, ect) the larger motor will ALWAYS make more power. Yes, the GM Ecotec motors are impressive, they are very stout. The new Cobalt SS is nice, but I sure as hell wouldn't buy one if my ultimate goal was pure speed. Its just not reasonable.

One thing GM definitely did right with the new LNF motor is the power curve. Instead if having the turbo spool around 3500RPM (like japanese cars), the car makes peak torque at a mere 2,000RPM - so its more more driveable and torquey on the low end.

Lol I don't get it? Please I have more money invested in my T/A and vette alone than your house is worth probably. Before you open your mouth and even talk again look up some facts about the 2.0 and top speed. I will even help you get your head out of your ass tomorrow when I have time.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Lol I don't get it? Please I know more money invested in my T/A and vette alone than your house is worth probably. Before you open your mouth and even talk again look up some facts about the 2.0 and top speed. I will even help you get your head out of your ass tomorrow when I have time.
    I hate to break it to you, but a one-off Bonneville salt flats car is not the same as a production vehicle. No street driven Cobalt SS with the 2.0 will ever go that fast.

I already said its a good motor and its very capable for what it is. But you'd be a fool to buy a Cobalt SS for drag racing, there are just better vehicles for that purpose.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

5.7 > 2.0.

Heres some information that should keep you quiet. http://www.ecotecpower.com/gallery/gallery.php?eid=693

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

I hate to break it to you, but a one-off Bonneville salt flats car is not the same as a production vehicle. No street driven Cobalt SS with the 2.0 will ever go that fast.

I already said its a good motor and its very capable for what it is. But you'd be a fool to buy a Cobalt SS for drag racing, there are just better vehicles for that purpose.
    When did I ever say a cobalt ss NEVER! Every vehicle is basically a one off, depending on what you do it. A nicely built ecotec running E85 or meth is an awesome car. Oh btw in the article is a cobalt SS granted it's not stock but it's still a cobalt SS

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

When did I ever say a cobalt ss NEVER! Every vehicle is basically a one off, depending on what you do it. A nicely built ecotec running E85 or meth is an awesome car. Oh btw in the article is a cobalt SS granted it's not stock but it's still a cobalt SS
    No kidding. Now stop trying to argue with me about something that I'm not trying to argue with you about...

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

No kidding. Now stop trying to argue with me about something that I'm not trying to argue with you about...
    Why because I put you in your place and made you look like a complete fool. Ever thread I go into with you in it, you have a complete hard on for a the ls1. It's not the best motor even close, hate to break it to you. So I will quit breaking your balls if you quit being ignorant.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    It's definitely not deffinitly. Also the correct thing to say would have been "you sound like a complete fool" not "you are a complete sounding fool." That doesn't make any sense. Third, the LS2 is basically the same as an LS1; just with a different cam and better flowing heads. I don't understand how you can say that the LS1 is not an awesome motor but the LS2 is... You can do a lot of different things with an LS1; it's also one of the most durable motors when maintained. Just like the LT1 from 93-97.
    Actually, the LS1 and 2 are very different. The entire block is different, so I can see someone liking the LS2 much more so than the LS1. Its a larger, more stout, more powerful engine, with numerous differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    Sure some Imports are fast(IE Evo, Supra, Z,STI) however their is a overwhelming majority of Econo cars that have nothing more than a body kit and rims and think that they are fast and furious. Yea Im sure some damn B18 pushing 20 psi of boost will kick my ls1's ass, As will a LS1 with a rear mount pushing 10 PSI!!!! Im sick of seeing this shit all the Time. It wasn't like the OP was a total Douche about it. Bottom line don't let it bug you, and if it does go back to your own import forums then.

P.S. My winter ride is a 97 eclipse gsx and Ill admit its not slow by any means!!! Its still not LSX fast!!!
    More like 5lbs of boost. My car makes 500 at the wheels on only 5lbs and is damn near stock. MUCH better than some overboosted B18 bullshit.

Examples of awesome motors would be entire LSX series, Cobra 4.6 S/C, Dodge 6.1 Hemi, ect. Mitsubishi and Toyota are not anywhere near the list.
    I'm as big a GM fan as anybody (hell, I refuse to even ride in a Ford), but the 2JZ engine is amazing. The Supra was a VERY impressive car for '93. Hell, they pulled a .95 on the skidpad, which, at the time was more than a Corvette I believe. Anyway, I'm just saying, its a VERY capable motor and isn't some shitbox 2.0L VTEC shit, and it is infact a awesome motor. In my book, better than the Modular S/C, Hemi, and very close with the LSx's.
    Last edited by squee; 09-22-2008 at 08:47 PM.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I'm as big a GM fan as anybody (hell, I refuse to even ride in a Ford), but the 2JZ engine is amazing. The Supra was a VERY impressive car for '93. Hell, they pulled a .95 on the skidpad, which, at the time was more than a Corvette I believe. Anyway, I'm just saying, its a VERY capable motor and isn't some shitbox 2.0L VTEC shit, and it is infact a awesome motor. In my book, better than the Modular S/C, Hemi, and very close with the LSx's.
    I know your not comparing a 2JZ to a normal lsx motor, because if you hard you need to be slapped hard jr. A 2.0 VTEC motor is shit? Please it is an amazing motor. Remind me again who had the first motor over a 100hp per liter? Oh that's right a honda motor.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    What is your reasoning?? Personally I think its worthless. Once you start modifying them for power, they become completely undriveable. You're either bogging down or burning the tires off the car. Hence why Supras have the reputation for being dyno queens. 600,700,800+WHP is useless if you can't actually put it to the ground. Making that kind of power, the motor is like an on/off switch, and the chassis can't handle he power to begin with. So you end up with a useless dyno queen.

The Ford 4.6 S/C is a much more capable engine than the 2JZ, it will hold more power, and it can actually put the power to the ground. Why anyone would want a gutless straight 6 over a supercharged V8 is beyond me, I like having low end torque in my vehicle.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I know your not comparing a 2JZ to a normal lsx motor, because if you hard you need to be slapped hard jr. A 2.0 VTEC motor is shit? Please it is an amazing motor. Remind me again who had the first motor over a 100hp per liter? Oh that's right a honda motor.
    HP/Liter is a ricer arguement. It doesn't make the car any faster or better than anything else because it has more "HP/Liter". Its a meaningless calculation invented by riceboys to justify their gutless, underpowered Honda engines, and try to find some meaning in their vehicle's worthless existance.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Yea, I'm saying the 2JZ is a good motor and is in fact very impressive, even more so than an LS1. When you can get that much power out of a inline 6 cylinder motor, its pretty impressive. And yea, I'm saying EVERY VTEC is shit. All of em...

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

HP/Liter is a ricer arguement. It doesn't make the car any faster or better than anything else because it has more "HP/Liter". Its a meaningless calculation invented by riceboys to justify their gutless, underpowered Honda engines, and try to find some meaning in their vehicle's worthless existance.
    I understand your a thick headed redneck that has the intelligence of a chimp, but your parents really should have gotten that abortion....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Why because I put you in your place and made you look like a complete fool. Ever thread I go into with you in it, you have a complete hard on for a the ls1. It's not the best motor even close, hate to break it to you. So I will quit breaking your balls if you quit being ignorant.
    LOL you are a joke. You didn't put anyone in their place. You brought up the GM Ecotec engine, which I happen to LIKE, and then proceed to explain to me how it can go fast on the Bonneville Salt flats. No fucking kidding, way to try and tell me things I already know. I like all kinds of engines, not just the LSx series. I just don't like pointless riceburner engines that are gutless and sound like crap.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

What is your reasoning?? Personally I think its worthless. Once you start modifying them for power, they become completely undriveable. You're either bogging down or burning the tires off the car. Hence why Supras have the reputation for being dyno queens. 600,700,800+WHP is useless if you can't actually put it to the ground. Making that kind of power, the motor is like an on/off switch, and the chassis can't handle he power to begin with. So you end up with a useless dyno queen.

The Ford 4.6 S/C is a much more capable engine than the 2JZ, it will hold more power, and it can actually put the power to the ground. Why anyone would want a gutless straight 6 over a supercharged V8 is beyond me, I like having low end torque in my vehicle.
    I'm just saying the motor is impressive. Yea, a Supra with 800hp is more than likely a dyno queen, but the motor is still impressive. Regardless of what its in, but even then, a Supra is still a very good handling and nice car. Granted its not some riced out shitbox.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I understand your a thick headed redneck that has the intelligence of a chimp, but your parents really should have gotten that abortion....
    Now you can't win an arguement, so you resort to this crap. We had a suspicion, but now you've confirmed with everyone that you're a lowlife piece of shit.

Congratulations.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

LOL you are a joke. You didn't put anyone in their place. You brought up the GM Ecotec engine, which I happen to LIKE, and then proceed to explain to me how it can go fast on the Bonneville Salt flats. No fucking kidding, way to try and tell me things I already know. I like all kinds of engines, not just the LSx series. I just don't like pointless riceburner engines that are gutless and sound like crap.
    I don't care for rice either, but you telling me all import motors are crap is complete non sense and you know it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I don't care for rice either, but you telling me all import motors are crap is complete non sense and you know it.
    I'd say the only decent import motors are a select few Nissan motors (Skyline motors specifically), and the 2JZ. Thats pretty much it...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information