Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    what year was the one you ran?

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

yea those things arent impressive, i havent got a 427r but i ran a stage 3 in my lid and catback car

Silver
    2002 Trans Am

i had a similar encounter with one of the newer roushes, im pretty sure it was a stage three, it definitely had a nice sounding exhaust on it. we were at a stop light and we both rolled to about a 10-15 and he nailed and then i hit it, we only got up to about a 55-60ish b/c of traffic. Once we were both on it i started to slowly walk on him a little but never got around him but i think if we had had more road i would have. I only have magnaflow catbacks, auto with the 2.73 gears.

They make good power but its a fucking lead sled. Too heavy.

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

I have always enjoyed the looks of the Roush mustangs, especially the Black Jack. You should try to meet up with him again somehow and do some pulls against him. And get some vids of it too!
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I'm thinking that the new mustang GTs are over 3500 lbs. So, adding a blower and ground effects is going to make the car even more portly. I think with a couple of choice mods, any LS1 should give one of them hell. 12.20s is pretty quick if the car was stock, though. Wouldn't have expected that big a gain over a stock GT with just 127 more hp through an auto.

Chris

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I remember the first time I saw one. There is a National City bank in the industrial park where I work and there is one parked in the lot every day and I see it pass my store every now and then. I was excited that there might be a 427CID Mustang terrorizing the roads but after a little research I was let down. Our cars are getting old compared to this new stuff and we are still holding our own with a simple lid and cat-back...

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Honestly, I haven't really felt the need to modify my Chevy. It's still a fuggin sweet ride. I love the vette as a daily driver, and its a great car for dates, cruises, and even long-distance drives. I've been barely outrun by a modded Evo, and I just gave the guy props. I don't get butt-hurt about losing a race, and don't feel an intense need to make the car any faster just because I lose a race. It is exactly the car I want. Bought it at 22k miles 2 years ago, and have 44 on it now.

Besides, I've dumped all of my modification money into the mustang, and if it gets outrun, then they just have a sick car that I cool with being outrun by. The stang is cool in its own right, but sometimes its just nice to jump into a car that gets good mileage, and that I know won't have any problems for a long time.

Chris

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Good point, my car has 97K on it, driven year 'round with bolt-ons only and it is insainely reliable. My only expenses other than mods have been gas, oil changes, fuel filter, coolant flush, differential flush, and tires. Preventative maintenance stuff. I don't want to jinx it but I've never had any mechanical failures. Not even a water pump or alternator problem. A properly maintained factory / lightly modified LS1 could last indefinitely.

Anyway, back to the 427R... It is so overpriced for what you get. Someone could buy a GT and dress it up even better for less coin. Granted it would not be a true Roush 427R but I could not see myself paying a premium for the Roush package when better performance could be had for much less.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Yeah, exactly. Why pay for the name when you can do a better job on your own? No thanks... Plus, it's the 3V, not the 4V in the GT500. I'd rather have the Shelby, though the Shelby has its own problems that leave me disinterested. If I had to buy a new sports car within my personal budget, my pick would be the LS3 vette, or a Z06. Just great deals, and focused on old-fashioned low-weight sports car performance.

Fortunately for me, I don't believe in buying new cars. I'll wait another 6-7 years and look for a low mileage used Z06 that some other chump took the depreciation on.

Chris

10's N/A

Forget the GT500 car...just give me the 5.4L 4-valve engine. That thing is a masterpiece in my opinion - remember the 2000 'R' . I could do wonders with that motor...

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    it said 427 supercharged on the hood and the driver said it was...........I am going to google the car and find out some info...........for a mustang it was a good-looking car..........when I told him all I had was a lid and cut-out he looked pretty shocked lol
    I was playing with one of these as well about a month ago. Said Roushcharged on the hoodscoop and also said 427 hp on the fenders. This one was an automatic and had fresh temp tags on it. A young fellow in his late 30's if I had to guess.

Was in wifes SS at the time. We only ran a few short spirts due to traffic but I was staying door to door with it. Actually appeared to be relatively quick. I would say an easy 12 second car,,,and this one was still dealer fresh.... Nothing to sneeze at.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

you know what? a guy i work with has a terminator and i don't even have to run him to know if he'd beat me. really badly beat me.

Thread Information