Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Awaiting Activation
    Ok guys you look for yourself we got it to fit in the back. he lines going to the front are flat and level, but it has batwings on the corners no matter what you do. All the bumpers removed, latch pulling it down as far as we could go. No C'mon Jeanie it was you instructions I followed exact. NO what, oh I know, "yep its sprung, but you painted it so tough luck" Members please look for yourself, and PLEASE make your decisions carefully, this could be your nice LS1 with a messed up hood, that you will have close to $1400.00 in after its all done as we do. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by oldskoolrcr; 08-18-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Mark the latch and then remove it..... Trust me remove the latch....

Awaiting Activation
    The latch that is bolted to the hood or the car! I dont understand how that will help if you look the area between the headlights fits perfect, its the 2 side corners

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Okay.... Just had to remove my latch on my VFN Sunoco hood... Best of luck .. Looks like VFN was willing to go out of their way IMO to help you. $1400 I didnt know thoose hoods cost that much. Sorry for your misfortune. Then again I read this same thing on another forum...

Awaiting Activation
    $650.00 for the hood, $198.00 shipping, $550.00 in paint work =$1398.00, how was VFN willing to help? I have done everything they have asked from the photos when I got it, to following there instructions exact! to the photos after it was finished. There idea of helping me was, spend another $198.00 for shipping and send it back for a refund. But Thanx for the info appreciate it.

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

Thats funny, cause mine fit like OEM, even after a 5min adjustment, its a hair off cause we didnt do it "professionally" and it looks like oem

Black
    1997 Camaro SS

Turns out this dude is just a big ass cry baby. Read the original thread on ls1tech. He isn't giving much effort to the situation, just looking for a hand out. Read for yourselves, this guy is full of his own shit.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by phantomzer0 View Post
    Turns out this dude is just a big ass cry baby. Read the original thread on ls1tech. He isn't giving much effort to the situation, just looking for a hand out. Read for yourselves, this guy is full of his own shit.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70
    I really bothers me when people (like yourself ) attempt to make the "buyer" the person in the wrong. I don't give a damn how much whining this guy has done. If some company (VFN, SLP, Suncoast...any of them, regardless of their "rep") sent me some B-S like that I would be pissed off too. The only difference with me is I would have never installed the hood - period. I would of asked not to fix that one, but for a new hood entirely, and if they couldn't meet my request then it would be time for some legal action. Those pictures are worth a thousand words, and i've ordered some hoods in the past from newer companies that didn't even have an established reputation that came better quality than that. People deserve the right too be pissed when your putting close to a grand in someones pocket and you receive something as ridiculous is that hood. Something like that should have never even left the factory from where it was created!

P.S. In my Avator pic, that's what a hood should look like! It's an SLP, absolutely no alterations were needed. Installed and painted.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I can appreciate everyones opinions and comments but lets leave this thread for the 2 parties involved so it doesnt' get out of hand in here.

Black
    1997 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I really bothers me when people (like yourself ) attempt to make the "buyer" the person in the wrong. I don't give a damn how much whining this guy has done. If some company (VFN, SLP, Suncoast...any of them, regardless of their "rep") sent me some B-S like that I would be pissed off too. The only difference with me is I would have never installed the hood - period. I would of asked not to fix that one, but for a new hood entirely, and if they couldn't meet my request then it would be time for some legal action. Those pictures are worth a thousand words, and i've ordered some hoods in the past from newer companies that didn't even have an established reputation that came better quality than that. People deserve the right too be pissed when your putting close to a grand in someones pocket and you receive something as ridiculous is that hood. Something like that should have never even left the factory from where it was created!

P.S. In my Avator pic, that's what a hood should look like! It's an SLP, absolutely no alterations were needed. Installed and painted.
    If you would bother to read the link I posted, you would see that I was not implying he was wrong at all. He refused to actually fit the hood, he painted the hood, after VFN asked him not to, and voided his warranty. They even offered to send him a new hood, even though he voided the warranty, and wave the restocking fee. All he had to do was pay return shipping, a more than fair trade off. If he would have waited on painting the hood and actually went through the process with VFN, he would probably be getting a new hood right now.

What you need to understand is that anybody can slap a hood onto their car and cry foul.

Thread Information