Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    That video was hilarious, you were claiming your car had no turbo lag and it was blatantly obvious from the video that it had absolutely no low end power whatsoever.

It was also hilarious that you went out of your way to make a video just for me to prove something that I didn't even care about. Nobody was impressed, its not like we haven't ever seen an 11 second car on here before, there are tons of them everywhere. There are plenty of LS1's with just cams running 11's. I think you impressed yourself more than anyone else on this board.

You're such a liar dude. I never said that my car had no turbo lag, you said that it did not have a usable power band, which my video proved it did (rolling start in 2nd gear from 2500rpm). Saying no one was impressed is a pretty blatant lie as well, a lot of people were. You yourself even came out of normal flame mode and pretty much left the topic alone. Oh and the people saying I was lying about the speeds I was traveling was funny too. Maybe I should dig up the thread.

I guess if someone wants to read through they can be the judge

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45951

Blatant exaggeration/lying
    Last edited by 4tun8; 08-23-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

An import with a turbo....

silver
    98 ss camaro

speaking of an sti vs 98 ss. I have a 98 ss and my friend has an 04 sti, his mods are going to be up pipe, down pipe, headers, bigger fuel pump, boosted to 25psi and a front mount intercooler and tuned. I'll have my kooks long tubes, kooks y-pipe, slp catback, slp intake system, bbk 80mm tb, slp maf, ls6 intake manifold bbk pulleys and tune. I'm thinking this is going to be a driver race, i've seen a vid of a car with similair it had a cam, headers and intake and it beat a sti with same mods as my friend but that sti was boosting 30psi. Trying to see where I stand or if I should take the step and get a cam. I was going to wait till something went wrong with the motor it has 140xxx on it then I was going to build the motor but I don't want to let something like not putting a cam in make me lose this race. This guys been running his mouth for about 5 months now ever since he got the car he came back on leave put the up pipe down pip and header in but wouldn't race me then.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    speaking of an sti vs 98 ss. I have a 98 ss and my friend has an 04 sti, his mods are going to be up pipe, down pipe, headers, bigger fuel pump, boosted to 25psi and a front mount intercooler and tuned. I'll have my kooks long tubes, kooks y-pipe, slp catback, slp intake system, bbk 80mm tb, slp maf, ls6 intake manifold bbk pulleys and tune. I'm thinking this is going to be a driver race, i've seen a vid of a car with similair it had a cam, headers and intake and it beat a sti with same mods as my friend but that sti was boosting 30psi. Trying to see where I stand or if I should take the step and get a cam. I was going to wait till something went wrong with the motor it has 140xxx on it then I was going to build the motor but I don't want to let something like not putting a cam in make me lose this race. This guys been running his mouth for about 5 months now ever since he got the car he came back on leave put the up pipe down pip and header in but wouldn't race me then.

I HIGHLY doubt he's running 25psi on the stock turbo. I also doubt an STI can even sustain 30psi on the stock turbo, maybe a small spike but to sustain 30psi on such a small snail is pretty much impossible.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt he's running 25psi on the stock turbo. I also doubt an STI can even sustain 30psi on the stock turbo, maybe a small spike but to sustain 30psi on such a small snail is pretty much impossible.
    not a stock turbo i think its a GREDDY or something

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Would the Stock internals even hold 30PSI? Thats a Butt load of boost!!

If you guys are going to race at a track make sure you get some sticky tires, also if your a4 what would help you alot is a stall. That would put you ahead possibly. But I think its gonna be close either way.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

not a stock turbo i think its a GREDDY or something
    That tells me absolutely nothing.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Would the Stock internals even hold 30PSI? Thats a Butt load of boost!!

If you guys are going to race at a track make sure you get some sticky tires, also if your a4 what would help you alot is a stall. That would put you ahead possibly. But I think its gonna be close either way.

Yes they will.......Depends on timing/AFR/compression/etc just like any other car.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Yes they will.......Depends on timing/AFR/compression/etc just like any other car.
    hmmm, thats pretty strong then. I think I would be a little worried with a stock internal anything pushing 30psi.

but i dont know the strenght of those motors either. I have never built one.

I agree about the turbo. Greddy makes a million different ones. hard to tell what its capable of with just a name

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Greddy renames a million different ones you mean =p Aren't all of their turbos just rebadged mitsu?

silver
    98 ss camaro

yeah not sure which turbo I don't think he's picked on yet, most likely not on a track theres some lond straight wide road a little out of town so at 2am perfect race spot. Will either do it there or on the freeway again at like 2am from a roll, he broke the axels trying to launch it stock so i think from a roll is better cuz if he breaks those racing me his wife is going to blame me for letting him race it. just some info he's no where near the best drive and has been sitting in a mechanic bay in iraq for the last yr his driving skills have just gotten worse. The guy at the shop he's taking it to is estimating like 380 to the wheels.

TBA
    67' rs/ss

Maybe witha 20g 380whp is possible ! Or an 18g with meth ! And tell him not to launch at 6k and he won't be breaking any axles !

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Daz-E View Post
    Maybe witha 20g 380whp is possible ! Or an 18g with meth ! And tell him not to launch at 6k and he won't be breaking any axles !
    he's an idiot he'll find away and he'll be running on 91 pump the highest you can get here unless you go searching, theres a few race shops but he doesn't have money for that gas.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

So I know a friend who has a WRX that has the STI turbo and is putting 250 to the wheels. You guys think I can take him?

TBA
    67' rs/ss

he's an idiot he'll find away and he'll be running on 91 pump the highest you can get here unless you go searching, theres a few race shops but he doesn't have money for that gas.
    If he went meth or alky he would be fine. its like running 100 oct all time. I used to have a 04 STi(stage 2). I miss it, it was definitely a fun car ! I beat a lot of people(import and domestic), I also got whooped like I stole something a few times.

TBA
    67' rs/ss

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    So I know a friend who has a WRX that has the STI turbo and is putting 250 to the wheels. You guys think I can take him?
    You should still beat him no problem from a roll ! The WRX is lighter than the STi's and he's putting down what a stock STI is doing, so he should be a little quicker, but should take him from a roll, a dig would be much harder(if he knows how to launch).

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    evos run 1.7 60 foot times on stock tires over and over and over...our cars are not capable of that w/o drag rads ...and this is at the track where conditions are sticky.....on the street no way
    There are plenty of cars that will pull the tires on the street and cut very low 60ft's they are out there just not very many of them. Even ask some of the hardcore awd owners and they will say the same.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Daz-E View Post
    You should still beat him no problem from a roll ! The WRX is lighter than the STi's and he's putting down what a stock STI is doing, so he should be a little quicker, but should take him from a roll, a dig would be much harder(if he knows how to launch).
    How is the STI heavier than the WRX?

TBA
    67' rs/ss

STi's are beefier wrx's ! Especially the tranny and suspension, its bulletproof(tranny) compared to thw wrx.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information