Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I like the import cars if they are not riced, but don't really like anything on the FWD platform. I almost bought an RSX-S at one point, but went with the S2000 mainly due to the RWD. Now I want my TQ numbers to be closer to the HP digits. Found that out the hard way. I did like turning 9000+ RPM's though.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    your just anti everything except ls1 arnt you
    heck no. pre ls1 small blocks are the shit too. lt1's, 350 - 400 sb's... they rule the world.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Its called front wheel drive. A light car with FWD makes it damn near impossible to hook on any surface. The times he ran were with drag radials, and he's a plenty capable driver. Its just that making a civic fast is probably one of the worst ideas I've ever seen, its not designed to go fast and never will be.

You can B18 this and B16 that all day, its still a slow weedwacker no matter how you look at it.
    you rock the shit wesman. cheers an beers!

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    you rock the shit wesman. cheers an beers!

You must be his long lost brother!

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    You must be his long lost brother!
    if only... im not that internet tough... yet...

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

if only... im not that internet tough... yet...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by boofthese View Post
    LOL all the weight is in the front, OVER the tires ? so how does it loose traction that bad ? CAUSE HE CANT DRIVE, im not turning this into a fwd vs rwd debate. You need to get out, and see some fast streetable, NON-RICED out, fwds, i can think of more then a handful that would hand you your ass, and are street drove everyday.
    You've obviously never seen how weight transfers under forward acceleration. The front end lifts and the rear end squats, meaning you will have more traction available in the rear.

And then you say my friend "can't drive"?? What part about the tires spinning through 3rd gear don't you understand?? Its not driver error, its the fact that a light FWD car can't hook up worth a damn.

Fast, streetable, non-riced out FWD's, huh?? When I see one, I'll be the first to let you know. Until then, I'll stick to my theory that FWD sucks for racing, which happends to jive with the rest of the civilized world.

OL and i love how when people cant argue worth a damn, they throw the "it sounds like a weedwacked" comment in there LOL that line has and will always crack me up.
    Can't argue worth a damn?? I can tear you a new asshole in your whole ricer arguement, I have a reputation for that, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Hondas and 4 cylinders in general just sound like shit, I don't see how it cracks you up?? Its true, there is really nothing funny about it.

silver
    2002 ws6

[QUOTE=Wesman;1561852]You've obviously never seen how weight transfers under forward acceleration. The front end lifts and the rear end squats, meaning you will have more traction available in the rear.

And then you say my friend "can't drive"?? What part about the tires spinning through 3rd gear don't you understand?? Its not driver error, its the fact that a light FWD car can't hook up worth a damn.

Fast, streetable, non-riced out FWD's, huh?? When I see one, I'll be the first to let you know. Until then, I'll stick to my theory that FWD sucks for racing, which happends to jive with the rest of the civilized world.

Can't argue worth a damn?? I can tear you a new asshole in your whole ricer arguement, I have a reputation for that, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Hondas and 4 cylinders in general just sound like shit, I don't see how it cracks you up?? Its true, there is really nothing funny about it.[/QUOTE]

i dunno wes. i think they sound hilarious....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

STOCK rsx type S vs a stock cobalt SS:

RSX Type S: Injen CAI, DCRH
    Cobalt SS/SC: Test pipe

give me a civic with a b18C swap or a RSX type s over a cobalt ss, any day.

Both those videos are pointless. Everyone knows that the Cobalt SS Supercharged is faster than an RSX-S, your single video example doesn't change that. You can't argue with the facts.

And the fact that you would take an old pile of crap economy car with a butchered integra engine swap over a brand new Cobalt SS Supercharged says a lot about your character. We'll just leave it at that.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

i dunno wes. i think they sound hilarious....
    LOL I just find it more sad than funny that people actually think they sound good.

silver
    2002 ws6

LOL I just find it more sad than funny that people actually think they sound good.
    or rolling around in a riced out civic thinking it's cool... thats also funny.

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

You've obviously never seen how weight transfers under forward acceleration. The front end lifts and the rear end squats, meaning you will have more traction available in the rear.
    LOL i understand what your saying, i used to drive a fwd car LOL. Thats where you have to learn where to put your money, all that power will not do jack unless you have the suspension to back it up

And i also still think your friend cant drive. What does he have done to the suspension ? if nothing then thats his fault for not working on that, a properly setup suspension will launch a fwd car just as good as a RWD or AWD, if he DOES have a good suspenion setup then refer to what i stated a while ago, he cant drive.

LOL ive seen plenty of imports that arent riced out. Just gotta get out more i guess ?

Can't argue worth a damn?? I can tear you a new asshole in your whole ricer arguement, I have a reputation for that, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Hondas and 4 cylinders in general just sound like shit, I don't see how it cracks you up?? Its true, there is really nothing funny about it.
    LOL im not arguing whether they sound like shit or not, LOL cause personally, thats another reason i bought my Fbody, i didnt like the generalization that i got when i drove my import, plus i wanted to get into a different field of cars, i was tired of doing the import thing

Both those videos are pointless. Everyone knows that the Cobalt SS Supercharged is faster than an RSX-S, your single video example doesn't change that. You can't argue with the facts.

And the fact that you would take an old pile of crap economy car with a butchered integra engine swap over a brand new Cobalt SS Supercharged says a lot about your character. We'll just leave it at that.
    LOL cause one of my good buddies used to own one, and it felt about as fast as a cammed honda i rode in LOL

And im sorry i would rather take a car a few years older, that has been known all around the world, as one of the most reliable cars on the market, over a new cobalt ss or any cobalt that hasnt really proved anything to me yet, and they've been out for how long now ? and NOT just the new coablt, but the cavy really didnt help much to put chevy in the good graces of the automotive world for known reliablity like honda or toyota.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

And i also still think your friend cant drive. What does he have done to the suspension ? if nothing then thats his fault for not working on that, a properly setup suspension will launch a fwd car just as good as a RWD or AWD, if he DOES have a good suspenion setup then refer to what i stated a while ago, he cant drive.
    Suspension setup doesn't mean jack when you have more power to the wheels than you are able to put to the ground. His car has full coilover suspension with tubular control and trailing arms, doesn't mean shit.

A FWD will never launch like a RWD or AWD car, its simply against the laws of physics. You can put all kinds of money into the suspension and tires, its still never going to be an ideal setup. FWD was designed to make cars more compact and cheaper, not for drag racing.

LOL ive seen plenty of imports that arent riced out. Just gotta get out more i guess ?
    "LOL" I get out plenty. Its just that finding a modified japanese car thats not riced up is like finding a needle in a haystack. Every modified jap car I see has a fart can exhaust or some kind of tacky body kit or wing, if you look at Japanese culture though thats what they think looks good on cars, so thats how people modify them.

LOL cause one of my good buddies used to own one, and it felt about as fast as a cammed honda i rode in LOL
    I find that interesting because I've never seen a naturally aspirated Honda that was anything resembling "fast". In fact, before my friend turbo'd his Civic, when it was just a bubble with a B18 w/ bolt ons and cams, he raced my other friends '05 Cobalt SS Supercharged. It wasn't even a race, the Cobalt blew him away.

And im sorry i would rather take a car a few years older, that has been known all around the world, as one of the most reliable cars on the market, over a new cobalt ss or any cobalt that hasnt really proved anything to me yet, and they've been out for how long now ? and NOT just the new coablt, but the cavy really didnt help much to put chevy in the good graces of the automotive world for known reliablity like honda or toyota.
    Civics are only reliable if you don't modify them. Drive it like a race car and it will prove to be one of the most unreliable vehicles on the road. Everything on the car is designed for light duty and fuel economy, once you start ripping on them they fall apart. The tranny, clutch, axles, shifter, brakes, suspension, chassis, motor, and just about everything else ends up broken if you try and drive it like a performance vehicle. They simply aren't designed for it. GM has nothing to prove, there are still Chevy vehicles on the road that are 50+ years old on original engines and transmissions. I've never seen a high mileage Civic that didn't have valvetrain clatter and visibly burn oil, I'm not impressed by their "reliability" at all. Especially when it comes time to buy parts and they end up costing more than the car is worth. The Cobalt SS was at least designed with performance in mind, so everything is already beefed up from the factory. Honda and quality are no longer synonyms, look at the new Civic Si and S2000, all kinds of transmission recalls. Brand new cars with 2,000 miles on them and they are grinding gears going into 2nd and 3rd. Honda says the diagnosis is that the synchros are going bad, and the solution is to replace the synchros with the same ones that were installed at the factory, so the problems come back in another 2,000 miles. The list of people with the problem is somewhere around 100 pages on 8thgencivic, maybe you should open your eyes and do a little research before you go proclaiming that Honda is the benchmark of quality and reliability.

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

"LOL" I get out plenty. Its just that finding a modified japanese car thats not riced up is like finding a needle in a haystack. Every modified jap car I see has a fart can exhaust or some kind of tacky body kit or wing, if you look at Japanese culture though thats what they think looks good on cars, so thats how people modify them.

I find that interesting because I've never seen a naturally aspirated Honda that was anything resembling "fast". In fact, before my friend turbo'd his Civic, when it was just a bubble with a B18 w/ bolt ons and cams, he raced my other friends '05 Cobalt SS Supercharged. It wasn't even a race, the Cobalt blew him away.
    LOL i was waiting for you to say that, this is a friend of mines intagra, on a 150shot against a 04Z06(mods on the Z06: some kinda CAI, exhaust, and a tune)
    http://www.fquick.com/videos/George_vs_Matt/6525

and just to be fair heres the Z06 on a 100shot against the integras 150shot
    http://www.fquick.com/videos/George_...t_Round_2/6599

guy in the Z06 has been racing cars for about 25yrs, so its nothing new to him, same with the guy in the integra, been at it just as long. Now dont get this construed as me taking an imports side, ive been on both sides, and both have their advantages and disadvantages but reguardless i still think your friend cant drive, i dont feel like arguing with someone who thinks american cars are gods gift to the automotive world, YOUR the reason some of the domestic guys get a bad name, your so single minded, and think that " OOOH NOES HE'S TALKING ABOUT A IMPORT VS DOMESTIC, or FWD VS RWD" your an idiot, im not gonna discuss this anymore. I've heard some bad things about this site before, only joined cause a good buddy of mine linked me to some stuff he's trying to get started.

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

Civics are only reliable if you don't modify them. Drive it like a race car and it will prove to be one of the most unreliable vehicles on the road. Everything on the car is designed for light duty and fuel economy, once you start ripping on them they fall apart. The tranny, clutch, axles, shifter, brakes, suspension, chassis, motor, and just about everything else ends up broken if you try and drive it like a performance vehicle. They simply aren't designed for it. GM has nothing to prove, there are still Chevy vehicles on the road that are 50+ years old on original engines and transmissions. I've never seen a high mileage Civic that didn't have valvetrain clatter and visibly burn oil, I'm not impressed by their "reliability" at all. Especially when it comes time to buy parts and they end up costing more than the car is worth. The Cobalt SS was at least designed with performance in mind, so everything is already beefed up from the factory. Honda and quality are no longer synonyms, look at the new Civic Si and S2000, all kinds of transmission recalls. Brand new cars with 2,000 miles on them and they are grinding gears going into 2nd and 3rd. Honda says the diagnosis is that the synchros are going bad, and the solution is to replace the synchros with the same ones that were installed at the factory, so the problems come back in another 2,000 miles. The list of people with the problem is somewhere around 100 pages on 8thgencivic, maybe you should open your eyes and do a little research before you go proclaiming that Honda is the benchmark of quality and reliability.
    LOL my first car was a 89 civic DX hatchback, car had 220K miles when i got in my wreck. Valve train callter, nope not in that car, EVER ? never burned any oil either. And performance in mind ? LOL straight line maybe, thats it. Ill let you keep your single-minded attitude, i still think you need to get out more, and open your mind. Chevy isnt the only car manufacture in the world, you do know this right ?

LOL is that the only recall you can think of ? seriously ?

Should i go through the list of chevy recalls compared to other manufactures ?

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

boofthese, don't mind ignorance. You're on an LS1 website, and here people refuse to admit the fact that there are plenty of cars of all makes and models that are faster than our precious LS1s... stock and modded. I've seen the 4 cylinders that'll make even bolt-on LS1 owners bitch and whine. There's no shame in losing to a well-built machine, and I think someone who builds such a car deserves more respect than the person who buys it off of the factory floor.

It's interesting to me that the fast ones usually don't flaunt it, and instead just look clean and sleeper.

Chris

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

LOL i was waiting for you to say that, this is a friend of mines intagra, on a 150shot against a 04Z06(mods on the Z06: some kinda CAI, exhaust, and a tune)
    http://www.fquick.com/videos/George_vs_Matt/6525

and just to be fair heres the Z06 on a 100shot against the integras 150shot
    http://www.fquick.com/videos/George_...t_Round_2/6599

guy in the Z06 has been racing cars for about 25yrs, so its nothing new to him, same with the guy in the integra, been at it just as long. Now dont get this construed as me taking an imports side, ive been on both sides, and both have their advantages and disadvantages but reguardless i still think your friend cant drive, i dont feel like arguing with someone who thinks american cars are gods gift to the automotive world, YOUR the reason some of the domestic guys get a bad name, your so single minded, and think that " OOOH NOES HE'S TALKING ABOUT A IMPORT VS DOMESTIC, or FWD VS RWD" your an idiot, im not gonna discuss this anymore. I've heard some bad things about this site before, only joined cause a good buddy of mine linked me to some stuff he's trying to get started.

i think its also fair to point out were not comparing apples to apples here....its a heavily modified integra vs a near stock z06......ANYTHING can be made fast if u dump enough money into it....does that make it wise though? twin turbo and spray the vette and see what happens?? its rediculous dumping a ton of money into a fwd ecobox thats not made to be a race car ....theres always somone faster with more money

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    i think its also fair to point out were not comparing apples to apples here....its a heavily modified integra vs a near stock z06......ANYTHING can be made fast if u dump enough money into it....does that make it wise though? twin turbo and spray the vette and see what happens?? its rediculous dumping a ton of money into a fwd ecobox thats not made to be a race car ....theres always somone faster with more money
    LOL its not a heavily modified car though. And yes, the GSR integra was made to be the "performance" integra. All the integra has is cams, intake mani and its sleeved

pewter

performance ECONOBOX.......i previously owned an rsx-s ..the lack of tq +fwd tq steer.....they dont impress me for more than what they are.....there great lil cars for an everyday car but comparing them to a z06 is rediculous

pewter

how do we know whats done to that integra anyways?? besides your word??? im VERY hard pressed to belive an all motor integra is taking down a slightly modded z06.....max hp u can get out of an all motor 18b whatever the fuck it is is what? 230-240 horse? the s2k only makes 240 horse with its 9k redline out of a 2.0 L .....i think your blowin smoke buddy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information