Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678925354555 ... LastLast
    rednari

For 2006gto

Yes, when times get tough it takes a tough attitude to persevere. But keep in mind, the people, as in the politicians who want to take any vehicle they view as an excessive carbon user off the streets, are determined to do. They view the current crisis as an opportunity force through their programs.

They are not about choice regulated by free markets. They have their narrow minded beliefs which they intend to ram down our throats with new laws. So, I say this is not the time to grin and grunt through it. The enemies of free choice are determined to stop you from selecting the vehicles you want, and replace them with bicycles.

Post Compelling

Awesome work Sarge, and very interesting, I’m going to give it a try. But I’m going to opt to use Amsoil HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil rather than the P… Pen… Penz… Sorry, I just can’t bring myself to say that word, LOL. Anyway, the Amsoil is a NMMA TC-W3, API TC. I'll just order up a quart or two on my next order.

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx?zo=1606470

One quick question though. In all your testing, what have you found as the best, most convenient, and less messy way to measure or pre-measure the one or two ounce mixes? Just thinking it would be great if there were a liquid tight 2oz bottle one could utilize for convenience at the pump.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Update.

So far my idle has improved dramtically and it much smoother.
    My boss at work after just 25 miles home his mpg was raised .2 in his new nissan.
    My gf reported back that she always get 77 miles to the 1/4 tank... now she has 112.

We are still on tank 1 btw

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Awesome work Sarge, and very interesting, I’m going to give it a try. But I’m going to opt to use Amsoil HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil rather than the P… Pen… Penz… Sorry, I just can’t bring myself to say that word, LOL. Anyway, the Amsoil is a NMMA TC-W3, API TC. I'll just order up a quart or two on my next order.

Click for full size

One quick question though. In all your testing, what have you found as the best, most convenient, and less messy way to measure or pre-measure the one or two ounce mixes? Just thinking it would be great if there were a liquid tight 2oz bottle one could utilize for convenience at the pump.
    LOL...Welcome man...glad your here.....yes the Amsoil TC W3 is most excellent. I use a "squeeze" bottle I got at WalMart that is marked on the side in 2oz increments. I think it was designed for measuring baby formula You can put the oil in when you get home.....I do....I don't carry it with me unless I'm going on a road trip then I do.....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Update.

So far my idle has improved dramtically and it much smoother.
    My boss at work after just 25 miles home his mpg was raised .2 in his new nissan.
    My gf reported back that she always get 77 miles to the 1/4 tank... now she has 112.

We are still on tank 1 btw
    Thanks for the report....we really saw permanent improvements in both performance and MPG after 3-4 tankfuls.....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

And please allow me to introduce CompSyn....he is representing Amsoil as a sponsor now here on LS1.COM. Now I got somebody to talk oil with Amsoil is a definite top shelf lubricant.

hugger orange

Click for full size

cut the bottom out of a bottle of dry gas.... perfect shape and size to use as a funnel

Post Emissions?

Sarge, thanks for the warm introduction. I am pleased to be a member/sponsor and am looking forward to getting to meet everyone. I was practically born with motor oil in my blood and like to converse about oil tech and go fast tricks… Thanks again!

Back to oil. I’m curious, what effect does the 2-stroke oil do for emissions? Will it still pass the sniff test?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    And please allow me to introduce CompSyn....he is representing Amsoil as a sponsor now here on LS1.COM. Now I got somebody to talk oil with Amsoil is a definite top shelf lubricant.
    Click for full size

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Sarge, thanks for the warm introduction. I am pleased to be a member/sponsor and am looking forward to getting to meet everyone. I was practically born with motor oil in my blood and like to converse about oil tech and go fast tricks… Thanks again!

Back to oil. I’m curious, what effect does the 2-stroke oil do for emissions? Will it still pass the sniff test?
    I would have to believe it will make very minimal difference. Shit I see many cars that are smoking like crazy with "oil" or blow by smoke fly right through. I would say it's due to the fact they are only measuring for fuel and nox content not oil burning level.

Welcome to the site!

Can you PLEASE start a new thread in General Help Section just giving these youngsters a quick overview of how easy it is to become a Preferred Customer and even post links.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well we have tested the crap out of that aspect also.......here is the short and sweet....hydrocarbons dropped....we attribute the drop to cleaning of the ring packs and valves etc. and better compression resulting in a more efficient and full burn.....now you will hear ( some already here) that "my engine idles better and or smoother".....it is almost immediate.....

Spice Red Matalic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Nice write up Sarge.

I am having a hard time finding the full synthetic 2 cycle Pennzoil at my local auto parts stores. I can get the synthetic blend at Auto Zone. Any suggestions?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

As long as it is TC W3 rated your good....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Or just order a bottle from CompSyn ( above a few post) and have it delivered to your doorstep......The economics of it is silly....I mean one quart will last about 10 fill ups worth or 160 gallons of gas...So I would just order it from CompSyn and go have a blast myself....

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i've passed this onto a few other forums i am on.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

ModularMustangs?

pewter
    2002 firehawk

would this be something one would want to do on all gasoline motors....eg. tractors, lawn mowers, etc

silver
    98 ss camaro

question I've ran out of gas and tank took about 15 gallons on my 98 ss. A usual fill up is about 13.2 or 13.8 gallons what would you suggest to add 2 or 3 or try for 2 1/2. Also i got some additive from http://www.lcdinc.com/ lube control or something like that didn't really like it how do these compare. Lastly my stock maf has my car running a little rich I have to smog the car in the next week or so so i put my slp maf(I know your not a fan of this part) because it runs the car a little leaner so I figured that'd help with smog, so how will this effect if the cars running a little leaner already. I live in cali if that makes a difference because everything around here has the ethanol in it. Good write up thank you I plan on filling up tn and adding 3 oz to the 15 gal tank for starters.

hugger orange

hey Sarge, any chance someone has tried to see if you can pull a little more timing withe this mixture? if lubes, cleans and slightly cools, think it could be advanced a degree or two?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by axxdet View Post
    would this be something one would want to do on all gasoline motors....eg. tractors, lawn mowers, etc
    I do.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    question I've ran out of gas and tank took about 15 gallons on my 98 ss. A usual fill up is about 13.2 or 13.8 gallons what would you suggest to add 2 or 3 or try for 2 1/2. Also i got some additive from http://www.lcdinc.com/ lube control or something like that didn't really like it how do these compare. Lastly my stock maf has my car running a little rich I have to smog the car in the next week or so so i put my slp maf(I know your not a fan of this part) because it runs the car a little leaner so I figured that'd help with smog, so how will this effect if the cars running a little leaner already. I live in cali if that makes a difference because everything around here has the ethanol in it. Good write up thank you I plan on filling up tn and adding 3 oz to the 15 gal tank for starters.
    The 2stroke oil has reduced hydrocarbons in all of our test mules that were inspected. 100% of them. We attribute this to the ring packs being cleaned=higher compression=more efficient burn. As you know 2stroke oil is designed to burn completely so there is no residual build up.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678925354555 ... LastLast

Thread Information