Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123456723334353 ... LastLast
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by casperss View Post
    Well I bought a gallon today at wally World so we will see how it goes. I bougt the Super Tech brand it was 8 bucks and some change. I looked at the Penzoil brand but it was 23 bucks a gallon. I hope the cheaper one works as well as the other ones.
    It is fine.....as long as it is rated TC W3 you are golden.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Never had and dought as many post as you have and as much as your are into our cars this will be a good thing.

green
    98 formula

hey what about for diesel?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Never had and dought as many post as you have and as much as your are into our cars this will be a good thing.
    LOL...been building muscle for over 35 years...but never go by post count...hell there are knuckleheads on here who have over 30,000 post and dont have a clue which end of the spark plug goes in the "hole"

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    hey what about for diesel?
    Well diesel is a entirely different animal....I've done no test myself....

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Good info. I wonder if Marvel Mystery Oil would do the same thing?

I used to put an ounce of MMO for every gallon of Xylene when I ran that a few years ago in my TTA. That was before I went with a alcohol injection setup. But it worked very well to add the lubricants that the Xylene would take out and never had any adverse effects, ie plugs or combustion chambers. Just a thought.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Good info. I wonder if Marvel Mystery Oil would do the same thing?

I used to put an ounce of MMO for every gallon of Xylene when I ran that a few years ago in my TTA. That was before I went with a alcohol injection setup. But it worked very well to add the lubricants that the Xylene would take out and never had any adverse effects, ie plugs or combustion chambers. Just a thought.
    Yup MMO is old school now Rob But MMO doesnt raise the BTU factor as 2 stroke oil does. Still good though and a bargain.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Got two other people at work doing it today. I gave them the speech about rusty gas station tanks and nasty semi truck tanks and how it would help. Ive noticed a different smell from the exhaust too. People are afraid to add even ounces of anything to their gas but they will buy the crappiest cheapest watered down guy they can buy... then they come ask me for help changing their plugs/wires.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Some random feedback from others testing also.....(another forum)...
    so i have been giving this a try in my 03 hyundai i have noticed smoother idle and quieter engine i also let my folks and g/f drive it and i didn;t say a thing they asked if i did anything and i said no i run 1:500 ratio. i also noticed a slight increase in fuel economy
    I've been running it for a while now. I honestly believe the car does seem to run a little better. The mpg is questionable. It may have increased a 1/2 mpg.
    Hey folks, tried the 2-cycle oil in my last four tanks. Used a 500:1 gas/oil mixture using the full synthetic Pennzoil TCW3 oil.

Two of those tanks were highways trips were I was following someone else and driving very, very fast. I saw about 18.6 MPG out of these two tanks, which is pretty good as we were doing about 85 MPG. I don't usually drive 85 MPG, so I can't really say if there was an improvement or not. I will note that when I'm on the highway at my more-usual 70 MPH, I struggle to hit 18 MPG.

Two of the tanks were bank-n-forth as usual to work, where my speed is carefully controlled. (Most of it is on a military installation where speeding is highly discouraged.) I saw about 0.5 MPG increase over my normal mileage.
    The car seems smoother and not as noisy. And it may be helping mileage. I'll do further investigating with it. And with SuperTech TC-W3 available at $1.64+tax per pint, it's cheap enough per tank to try.

C'mon statistical significance!
    Have been doing my little experiment on the Cobalt, which the wife drives every day. Started with a 400:1 premix.

My first impressions were, very little change was felt or heard. It seemed to idle a bit quieter but nothing else. This engine has been a sweatheart from day one so my expectations were low per any improvement on sound or drivability, which have seemed slight.

The wife did ask what I did to the car. She knew I was tinkering thus she asked. I asked why and her reply was it idles quieter and seems smoother at low speeds. ???????????

Mileage has improved. After 2 tanks the DIC has went up .6 MPG or about 2%. Now the next 2 tanks won't be treated. We'll see if the mileage drops.

Meanwhile she's still in the dark as to what, if anything I've done to hopefully not change her driving habits.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Makes sense, I am curious about longterm effects, how many miles have you put on vehicles running gas with TC W3?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

He said over 100,000 miles collectively.. correct???

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Good man! We have over a collective 100,000 miles and 6 months testing already. Checked the cylinders ( top end piston and walls) spark plugs etc. All cleaner than they were when we started....all reported ( including myself) smoother idles and acceleration and a increase in MPG. So nobody is a guinea pig here guys......
    there we go

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 346ci View Post
    Makes sense, I am curious about longterm effects, how many miles have you put on vehicles running gas with TC W3?
    We now are over 130,000 miles on our test mules ( collectively) with no ill side effects. All positive. Dont forget this is really an old school "trick"...folks have been putting in Marvel Mystery Oil and 2 Stroke oil for decades.....what we did is fine tune it. Furthermore do not lose sight of the fact at a 500:1 ratio ( really 1oz to 5 gallons is more like 600:1) you have less 2 stroke oil than water/chemicals that came with your gasoline. So you cannot "hurt" or degrade anything....it is all good for long term.....The reason I call for the Marine 2 Stroke oil is it is designed for and the add packs are there for water cooled motors....lower combustion ratings and detergents we were looking for. Use it with confidence.
    For you folks running E10....this is a must to off set the long term corrosives of the corn alcohol on your seals/gaskets/fuel rails......
    Last edited by Sarge; 07-13-2008 at 03:54 AM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

makes sence to me,hell back in the 70s when they did away with the lead additive to the gas this would have went a long way to have saved them valve guides and seats.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I remember that. Today is like deja vu isn't it? Muscle cars coming out of the factories left and right.....gas prices going through the roof....we are at war....the sitting President is unpopular as hell......economy sucks.....shit it is the 70's all over again

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

I see my daughters wearing bell bottoms and I'm thinking I need depends...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

sure does so wat the hell happened to the ethenhol we were all supost to be driving around on,O yea that would be the oil giants and the gov.Fuckin us all..semper-fi..id rather see our farmers getting some much deserved $ then them towel head bastards any day..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

rednari
    Sarge, don't mention the 1970's. I do not want to return to that era. But we are in an energy crisis and it appears stagflation also. Meaning no growth and yet inflation which usually does not occur during slow growth periods. Now we have classic symtoms: people getting laid off, or experiencing salary cutbacks, while necessity prices skyrocket. The carbon geeks, want to outlaw our cars.

But, the worst scenario is what will happen to our country should we lose confidence in it now as we did then. To prevent this retrograde, the country must come to terms with high energy and food prices. We must as a nation develop a coherent and sound energy policy which will map out our future needs, instead of the piecemeal and haphazard system we now use. And liberal solutions, like returning to 4 and 3 cylinder cars and driving in the right hand lane at 55mph, are where we are headed unless we develop an energy policy.

Last but not least, I do not want to see the population become so frustrated that it shuns or vilifies itself, our veterans, our flag, or our way of life. Indeed, Indy Mac just folded on Friday and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac came close to failure also. We need action now, before our confidence is completely undermined and we begin to turn on ourselves. God Bless America!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    I see my daughters wearing bell bottoms and I'm thinking I need depends...
    Hey they are on sale at Kroger!!!!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by rednari View Post
    Sarge, don't mention the 1970's. I do not want to return to that era. But we are in an energy crisis and it appears stagflation also. Meaning no growth and yet inflation which usually does not occur during slow growth periods. Now we have classic symtoms: people getting laid off, or experiencing salary cutbacks, while necessity prices skyrocket. The carbon geeks, want to outlaw our cars.

But, the worst scenario is what will happen to our country should we lose confidence in it now as we did then. To prevent this retrograde, the country must come to terms with high energy and food prices. We must as a nation develop a coherent and sound energy policy which will map out our future needs, instead of the piecemeal and haphazard system we now use. And liberal solutions, like returning to 4 and 3 cylinder cars and driving in the right hand lane at 55mph, are where we are headed unless we develop an energy policy.

Last but not least, I do not want to see the population become so frustrated that it shuns or vilifies itself, our veterans, our flag, or our way of life. Indeed, Indy Mac just folded on Friday and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac came close to failure also. We need action now, before our confidence is completely undermined and we begin to turn on ourselves. God Bless America!
    We'll be OK man.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123456723334353 ... LastLast

Thread Information