Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cam too big?

black
    2001 Camaro SS

word man i just put my cam in today and we did it with pen magnets.... i was sweatin bullets. tomorrow i gotta do springs and put everything back in like the radiator, ac and what not.... and it's good to go, i got my tune at vengeance on saturday.

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Pictures?!?!

black
    2001 Camaro SS

lol yeah it's just of the pictures of the car apart, but we dont' have wireless on the computer.... basically i'll have the dyno pull video next week and the pics...

Here's the fun part... the spring compressor we were using on friday doesn't compress dual springs... i called vengeance, they accidently gave me the wrong part number (lt1 crane spring compressor) and i ordered that over the phone from summit to be overnighted for 150.... and i dont' exactly shit money... the lt1 part which i ordered today didn't even come in, i have to be home by tuesday to buy furniture for my apartment because i leave for school in about a week days. the part i need is on back order.. i'm f*cked... and my car is in pieces so i can't even take it to vengeance to get them to do the springs.... cuase the car's ready to go otherwise.
    QUESTION...is anyone in the northeastern atlanta area that has a spring compressor, i figured i'd at least ask... or does anyone know another way to do this because i don't have access to a dual spring compressor...
    i'll pay to rent someone to rent the part if need be too...
    Last edited by chevyss1234; 08-02-2008 at 02:30 PM.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

ahf uck it i'll just figure something out.... i'll work on those pics

black
    2001 Camaro SS

well we found someone with a dual spring compressor, lol so you can all relax, i'll hopefully have the springs in and the car runnin monday.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

well, sorry it took so long to get back to ya'll but the car is running awesome. i had to toe it to vengeance because i couldn't get a spring compressor, but they put the rest of the springs in and dyno tuned it and now it runs like a champ.
    I put 386rwhp and 368rwtq and the power band on it is absolutely gorgeous. Since they put the springs in they just tuned it before i got there the next day, so no dyno video but they may have recorded it and not put it up i dunno... i messaged ron about it.

Does anyone still want to see some videos of the car cause i can make a couple if anyones lookin into the same cam or somethin. just tell me what ya'll want in the video if anything and i'll do it some time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    well, sorry it took so long to get back to ya'll but the car is running awesome. i had to toe it to vengeance because i couldn't get a spring compressor, but they put the rest of the springs in and dyno tuned it and now it runs like a champ.
    I put 386rwhp and 368rwtq and the power band on it is absolutely gorgeous. Since they put the springs in they just tuned it before i got there the next day, so no dyno video but they may have recorded it and not put it up i dunno... i messaged ron about it.

Does anyone still want to see some videos of the car cause i can make a couple if anyones lookin into the same cam or somethin. just tell me what ya'll want in the video if anything and i'll do it some time soon.
    You got the 228r right? CAn I see a idle vid, and maybe have someone hold a camera in your car and watch the speedo? I am seriously thinking of this cam for my 2004 gto as well, that or the MTI X1, or TR 230/224

black
    2001 Camaro SS

word man i'll have sometime this week hopefully...

black
    2001 Camaro SS

oh and by the way i got a buddy who might be getting rid of his stock ls6 heads, should i try and get a hold of them and what's a good deal?

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I'd like to see some vids at idle and acceleration

black
    2001 Camaro SS

okay here we go i got the idle and a little run, took it to like 6300ish rpms, which i hadn't done yet.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/l...dle_176464.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/l...run_176465.htm

Man, good videos! I think they sold me if i decide to get a cam. From the vid, looks like it makes power ALL over and not just up top?>

black
    2001 Camaro SS

yeah dude i was about to take a picture of the dyno graph just for that reason but i didn't, i dunno why. the dyno graph is gorgeous on it, a real solid torque band, i'll try and get a pic but yeah it's got power all over. It's got that grin factor we were talkin about in the beginning of this thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    yeah dude i was about to take a picture of the dyno graph just for that reason but i didn't, i dunno why. the dyno graph is gorgeous on it, a real solid torque band, i'll try and get a pic but yeah it's got power all over. It's got that grin factor we were talkin about in the beginning of this thread too.
    Sweet, that is the only way to have it. I don't see how my friend likes his so much where he has to wait until redline to make his power. If I were him, I'd sell it and get a 224/224 or that 228/228. Power under the curve FTW.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

yeah i love my decision, unless it's a track car i would want one like mine. that's what makes v8's so enjoyable is the fact that whenever you hit it it goes. i don't want it to feel like a supra lol... even tho those things rock

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Hey, the videos are great! what parts did you end up getting? ie. cam, springs, ect...
    i'm looking at doing my this winter! but i still cant decide between the the 112 or 114 lsa.
    great job!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Sounds great!!
    Good old sewing machine sound the LS1 valvetrain makes.

Ended up going with the 228r right??
    Loving it I bet!!

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

So, i just showed my wife the video/sound your cam and exhaust makes! Yeah, she loves it... thats all i needed, that will be the winter project! lol

black
    2001 Camaro SS

yeah dude i love the sound of it... even the sewing machine sound is growin on me.
    ray it goes like this..
    tsp 228r 112lsa, patriot dual gold springs and tsp hardened pushrods as far as the cam goes.
    dude i love this cam and i recommend the 112 lsa, it's really not too bad... i can still cruise it at 1100 or 1200 without any problems... i would almost say it's the same streetability but just sounds like it's not.

hey and thanks Mr. Luos for reccomending that cam it's exactly what i was lookin for

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Question Cam before exhaust?

So, would it be ok if i did the cam without/before doing LTs and exhaust?
    i'm really looking forward to doing the cam. wont the stock manafolds/exhaust hold up to 400hp flow?
    i know this will add some back pressure to the system, but wont it increase my torque because of that?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information