Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

LS1 GTO or LS2? I thought the GTO's ran low-mid 13's.

BLACK
    2000 Camaro ss

A Cobra is a factory modded mustang. Why not compare to a old 02 GMMG modded camaro or an MTI , or Mallet prepped Camaro, or a earnhardt 381hp camaro???? Yes the Camaro is gone! We know so what!

flat black
    heres my argument...mustangs sound better no doubt but damnit...FORD needed A roots type super on top of the 4.6 to be able to keep up with the Fbody...i say put a roots on an Fbody and see who would....the saying theres no replacement for displacemtn is true in this statement
    4.6 OHC vs. 5.7 conventional block....
    hmmmm ill take the 5.7 ltre...actually give me an LT5 ill shutup...i think they need to bring back that motor...maype adapt it to the LS tecnology...LS5 (DOHC 5.7 w/ LS technology...sounds good to me)

White
    1992 Chevi Beretta GTZ

But always i read a paper about Stangs vs Camaro it is called "the battle"... but i see that a Stang GT never had a chance against a Z28.

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Nope. Never did.

As for the whole big motor vs. roots blower debate... SHUT UP, ALREADY!!! If you get smoked by one or the other, it's you own fault for racing it.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

mustangs suck

WOW the most childish immature comment in the entire 4 page post, oh go figure he's 17
    mustangs suck

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by Gbodyolds
    WOW the most childish immature comment in the entire 4 page post, oh go figure he's 17
    we all love cars and to work on them to make them faster. no matter the car. lets all be friends.

Silver
    04 Cobra

I would hope that the 03 and 04 Cobras would be faster than a LS1 since they dyno stock at around 390 to the ground, I however have strolled quite a few stock Cobras.

2000 WS6 TA
    Ram clutch
    SLP air box
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    90mm Throttle Body
    FAST intake
    4.10s
    MASS AIR
    fastest 1/4 was 12.66 at 111.63 on street tires maybe faster now with slicks!!!!

2001 WS6

Stock for stock Z28/TA's beat Mustang GTs. Even modded the GM cars seem to respond better to boltons. The 99 cobra had 305hp same as the 96-98. It claimed 320 but was over-rated in hp. No 2000 cobras were produced (except the cobra r but it's sort of in a class of its own) because they were trying to get the extra 15 advertised hp. Then in 2001 the cobra came back with 320 hp. 2002 cobras weren't produced I guess because of engineering the 03 which got a blower and 6 speed and made 390hp. As far as the 03-04 cobra vs SS arguement the SS would get beat stock for stock. And as far as modded all it takes is a handheld tuner, k&n, and smaller pulley to get about 460hp out of an 03-04 cobra. Im my opinion the "well if I had more displacement or if I had a blower and I bought this for $30,000 and you bought yours for $18,000" is ricer talk. If that was the case buy a $1000 earlier 5.0, then put 20,000 in it and it would own SS's, Cobras, Corvettes, Vipers, etc. They both nice cars and have their strong points, stock for stock seems like a mustang almost always eats a LT/LS out of the hole, but then the GM does a nasty 3rd gear pull on them. I was with a friend in his 02 Gt with exhaust and simple boltons, light to light he owned an LS1 T/A with a catback and Lid but when we went out on the highway it was all mustang until about 35mph when we got ours doors blown off.

Quote Originally Posted by lrader99
    heres my argument...mustangs sound better no doubt but damnit...FORD needed A roots type super on top of the 4.6 to be able to keep up with the Fbody...i say put a roots on an Fbody and see who would....the saying theres no replacement for displacemtn is true in this statement
    hmmmm ill take the 5.7 ltre...actually give me an LT5 ill shutup...i think they need to bring back that motor...maype adapt it to the LS tecnology...LS5 (DOHC 5.7 w/ LS technology...sounds good to me)

Ok, give me a 346 cubic inch motor and a 4valve head Stupid ricer argument. I take what the factory gives me, no excuses
    03 Cobra with a couple bolt ons and a solid axle

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by MLS1
    ...stock for stock seems like a mustang almost always eats a LT/LS out of the hole,...
    That has not been my experience.

ls1BrownBoots
    Quote Originally Posted by H8machine
    But always i read a paper about Stangs vs Camaro it is called "the battle"... but i see that a Stang GT never had a chance against a Z28.
    you must not have been around in the 80's when the iroc z camaro and the tuned port motors in general were a joke and mustang GT's ruled the streets. that was unless some niggah in a grand national rolled up.

ls1BrownBoots
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    That has not been my experience.
    out of the hole it's all driver. consider that you may be a better one then the person who wrote the prior post to which you reply

ls1BrownBoots
    Quote Originally Posted by lrader99
    there is no replacement for displacement... except forced induction.. thats why i have videos of 1.8 toyotas running 8's at new england dragway with big fuckin turbos. You can take your 5.7, some others may opt for smaller force fed engines with 4 valves

Burke
    Quote Originally Posted by myk02k
    killed...lol ill admit it when im wrong. ive had a bunch of convos with these kids who own stangs (but never raced them). guess they stretched the truth over the GT's power. One question though...did the GT's have the same motor as the '03 SVT Cobra?

ill stand still with my info on modding the Z28's to the GT's. the kid who put an intake, new exhaust, and reprogrammed didnt gain too much on the track as i expected...ever take a look at the Camaro's intake or exhaust before? the intake's gotta resonator in it to reduce noise level (obviosly not gonna help in #'s) and barely have room to suck in air. the exhaust as well is small as hell and baffles like hell after coming off the throttle. GT's sounds like they have a hell of a lot less restrictions.

oh yea and as far as the Z's running just as fast as the Vette's...Ive done my research on stock track timings on the Z's and yes they were under-rated, BUT do you really think the Z's were built better for about 20K less?!?! Take a look at the Vette's a little better, closer 50-50 weight, wider wheel-base for grip, GREAT flowing true-dual exhaust, higher flowing intake, slightly different camshaft, and im sure there's a whole list i'm missing on this arguement. I'm very sure that GM would be extremely stupid if they marketted the Camaro's the "Corvettes little brother" for a lot less the cost of the Vette's, and they were in actuality faster than them.

I think that car's getting to your head now, at least I'm trying to have an un-biased opinion because of what I drive is being compared here. Next thing would be is that the Z's are faster than the GTO's, Z06's, or Vipers.
    I have got to agree that Corvettes have alot of virtues the f-bodies don't but....
    In a 1/4 mile drag race the vette and a Z are really pretty close. I used to have an old 5.0 with N20 and some bolt on's that would hang with LS1's. It was a real adrenalin rush to hang with, or even occasionally beat a vette, but I couldn't put the smack down a Z28. The Z's where just as diffucult to beat as the vette's.
    In a road race or top speed race I'm sure a C5 would kick ass and take names though.

x-GTO Owner still love em ctbeiser's Avatar

Graystone
    2006 Silverado Z-71

I drove a 05 Mustang GT when they first came out. Got about 3 hours of seat time on the highway. It is an alright car. As much as I am a GM guy, almost bought one. I think they are a sweet looking ride. Then I drove a GTO (the one I now own)... WOW what a difference. I would take my GTO over it anyday of the week.
    Last edited by ctbeiser; 01-20-2006 at 05:38 AM.

jamesklyne
    Wow, there's alot of misinformation in this thread.

BTW, the new 505hp z06 is definately badass, and so is the 07 Shelby GT500... 475hp (probably underated).

Oh, and hi... I'm new.
    Last edited by jamesklyne; 01-19-2006 at 03:26 PM.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by jamesklyne
    Wow, there's alot of misinformation in this thread.

BTW, the new 505hp z06 is definately badass, and so is the 07 Shelby GT500... 475hp (probably underated).

Oh, and hi... I'm new.
    wow, it's not 2007 yet there buddy

jamesklyne
    Correct! The Shelby comes out later this year as an 07 model. The "probably underrated" comment comes from how similar the gt500 is to the Ford GT engine. It's wet sump and uses an iron block but with the same cylinders heads (Cobra R) IIRC.

I'm searching for a nice 1998+ WS6 (trying to learn if a specific year is better than another) to compliment the stang.

Off to some more searching, laters.
    Last edited by jamesklyne; 01-19-2006 at 05:04 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information