Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    nope no trash talking in that, I must have been stupid to take it that way

Yeah your right What better way to make an introduction to the site It's all in fun

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Quote Originally Posted by zinc03
    Yeah your right What better way to make an introduction to the site It's all in fun
    The best part is that after the discussion we can all get along. Every once in a while we just have to get it out.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Hey I have nothing against stangs at the end of the day, golly dang they are the best sounding cars on the road. . .

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    Hey I have nothing against stangs at the end of the day, golly dang they are the best sounding cars on the road. . .

Oh no.......bring on the war......

BLACK
    2000 Camaro ss

What about any 06 mustang to the 06 ZO6 AT 505 hp on motor!!! zero to 60 3.4 sec quarter in the 11's . Only 50 or so out on the market as of yet but it is a production car that you can go buy if you can afford it. LS ENGINE TECHNOLOGY IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

BLACK
    2000 Camaro ss

What about any 06 mustang to the 06 ZO6 AT 505 hp on motor!!! zero to 60 3.4 sec quarter in the 11's . Only 50 or so out on the market as of yet but it is a production car that you can go buy if you can afford it. LS ENGINE TECHNOLOGY IS AWESOME!!!!!!! iTS $$65,000 iF YOU COMPARE IT TO THE ford GT with 500hp which is twice the PRICE. Shouldnt the Gt have TWICE THE POWER????

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

tuff crowd tonight.

What about the 06 camaro

The 06 Z is now become supercar status, does a good job too, but come on guys is that the only comeback you guys have for your beloved cancelled out 4-8 year old buckets J/K

Unfortunately, the new Z has been priced beyond the realm of realistic income.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Mustang (V6) vs. Camaro (V6) or Firebird
    stock for stock the f-body would CREEP slowwwly in front of the Stang. I didnt do too much research with the 6's.

Mustang GT vs. Camaro Z28 or Trans-AM
    again...the F-body would creep slowly in front of the Stang. They run very close to each other, but the difference is how they're built. F-body's are restrictive concerning the intake and exhaust. Stangs are well built all-around. The true-duals and dual-overhead camshafts allows the 4.8L push a good punch.

The big difference between these cars is when they're modded out. The 5.7L f-bodies gets a lot of HP gains off of bolt-ons, since like I said they have a lot of restrictions to silence the car out and make it environmentally friendly (to get more green-thumb approvals)...swapping out just the exhaust and intake will add an astounding amount of HP over stock. Mustangs cannot produce the same HP per dollar when buying performance parts, since like I said the car is already beefed up...

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

bring it on. then lets all have a beer and talk about what we can do to improve our speeds and times. thanks jeremy

White
    1992 Chevi Beretta GTZ

I see i started a war... but on all links i find the Mustangs GT's are much slower than Z28! A close race is a Cobra vs. SS. All stock! Maybe the Stangs have a better road handling... but i can't say it. I just driven a 98Stang with 300HP once.

1966 Corvette Coupe

a 99 or 01 corba are probably really close competitors... 320 hp from the factory..., but an 03-04... kiss your ass good by... 390 from the factory.... and pretty easy to get it to lay 425 to the ground for around $1000

White
    1992 Chevi Beretta GTZ

Sure but i do not compare years where i do not have a comeptitor. I think if you see what a LS Motor can put out without a supercharger (Look to the 05 Corvette - 404HP and a Z06 511HP or the Pontiac GTO puts out 400HP) than i must say: F-Body would win also 03-04... if f***ing GM had produced some!

Silver
    2002 SS

2006 Mustang vs. 2006 Camaro ?
    2005 Mustang vs. 2005 Camaro ?
    2004 Mustang vs. 2004 Camaro ?
    2003 Mustang vs. 2003 Camaro ?
    2002 Mustang vs. 2002 Camaro, ahhhhhhhah.
    etc....

White
    1992 Chevi Beretta GTZ

Yes... all over 2002 must be compared with a GTO i think... but it's not the same. We can only compare cars till 2002. if you wanna do a fair compare. also all cars stock! We all know: Do you have enough money, you can make every car fast... also a Honda Civic!

Onyx Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k
    Mustang (V6) vs. Camaro (V6) or Firebird
    stock for stock the f-body would CREEP slowwwly in front of the Stang. I didnt do too much research with the 6's.

Mustang GT vs. Camaro Z28 or Trans-AM
    again...the F-body would creep slowly in front of the Stang. They run very close to each other, but the difference is how they're built. F-body's are restrictive concerning the intake and exhaust. Stangs are well built all-around. The true-duals and dual-overhead camshafts allows the 4.8L push a good punch.

Dude, you have a damned clue do you? Stock for stock, a Z28 or Trans Am would stomp a GT out. I don't know who you've raced but either they got a hell of a lot more done than you know or your car's missing a few cylinders. Stangs are a 4.6, not a 4.8, and have single over head cams, not dual. As far as the true duals, they still have a few cats, so it's not as high-flowing as you think.

As far as the whole LS1's were only 305hp, I call bullshit. I mean put, say a '99 Vette on the dyno, and then dyno a '99 Z28 and then look at the numbers. I guarantee the numbers would be the same, if not a little higher for the Z28, given that it has a live axle instead of IRS. Interesting considering the 'Vette is '345 hp' and the Z28 is '305 hp'. Flywheel horsepower ratings, especially factory ones, don't mean a thing. It's all about rear wheel, and it you look at the rwhp of a Z28, it should be rated at least 345 at the engine, and a Mustang GT should be rated at least 270 at the flywheel. There is a difference.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

this is some pretty damn good stuff

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

killed...lol ill admit it when im wrong. ive had a bunch of convos with these kids who own stangs (but never raced them). guess they stretched the truth over the GT's power. One question though...did the GT's have the same motor as the '03 SVT Cobra?

ill stand still with my info on modding the Z28's to the GT's. the kid who put an intake, new exhaust, and reprogrammed didnt gain too much on the track as i expected...ever take a look at the Camaro's intake or exhaust before? the intake's gotta resonator in it to reduce noise level (obviosly not gonna help in #'s) and barely have room to suck in air. the exhaust as well is small as hell and baffles like hell after coming off the throttle. GT's sounds like they have a hell of a lot less restrictions.

oh yea and as far as the Z's running just as fast as the Vette's...Ive done my research on stock track timings on the Z's and yes they were under-rated, BUT do you really think the Z's were built better for about 20K less?!?! Take a look at the Vette's a little better, closer 50-50 weight, wider wheel-base for grip, GREAT flowing true-dual exhaust, higher flowing intake, slightly different camshaft, and im sure there's a whole list i'm missing on this arguement. I'm very sure that GM would be extremely stupid if they marketted the Camaro's the "Corvettes little brother" for a lot less the cost of the Vette's, and they were in actuality faster than them.

I think that car's getting to your head now, at least I'm trying to have an un-biased opinion because of what I drive is being compared here. Next thing would be is that the Z's are faster than the GTO's, Z06's, or Vipers.
    Last edited by myk02k; 01-03-2006 at 09:46 PM.

1966 Corvette Coupe

i take it you are talking about about 96-04 mustang gt's and no... they ran single overhead cam motors with 2 v/cylender... the 03-04 cobra had a DOHC 32 valve motor... the mach 1 had the same valve count so basically the same motor... higher compression though and non forged internals... and the new style gts have 24 valves im pretty sure...

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k
    Next thing would be is that the Z's are faster than the GTO's, Z06's, or Vipers.
    I'm pretty sure just about all ls1 f body's have been track times than the new GTO. It must be because the GTO is heavier?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information