Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Cool! I paid 12.5K for mine... so that leaves me with, uhhh... 23.5K - 12.5K = $11K to mod the car with. Should be plenty to cook a snake with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Cool! I paid 12.5K for mine... so that leaves me with, uhhh... 23.5K - 12.5K = $11K to mod the car with. Should be plenty to cook a snake with.

Go for it dude Dump 11k in your car, then it will be worth 13k when your done

Better yet go buy a $1 chevette and dump $23,499 into it and smoke everyone............ricer argument
    03 Cobra with a couple bolt ons and a solid axle

1966 Corvette Coupe

Cobra guy is doing a good job supporting his side... you have to give him props... terminator cobras are bad ass... cant argue with that... if you try to your stupid...

though 99 and 01 cobras arent really that scary... not too slow, but not too scary... some ppl say 0-60 is faster than an ss, but dont really buy it...

but ok we have proven cobras are awesome... but what about gts or even mach 1's... how do they stand up against stock 02 ss's

and exactly how fast are black birds... i cant find numbers on them...

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by zinc03
    03-04 Cobras were about $34K new, an 02 SS was about $32K brand new. Your comparing new vs used

I paid $23.5K for my 03
    Used 02 Camaro SS's run about 19-22k

Also Z28's are much cheaper; mine is a 99 and worth about 11-12k
    Last edited by TwistedSS; 12-28-2005 at 09:35 PM.

White
    1992 Chevi Beretta GTZ

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by H8machine

http://www.gmmginc.net/html/blackbird.html

Another one

White
    1992 Chevi Beretta GTZ

damn... i wish (again... *laugh*) i'm richer than i am now. ^^

1966 Corvette Coupe

yeah no shit... i want a white one so damn bad... saw a scam on ebay that had a white one... that i wished was double the cost and really for sale...

the only thing is they are gonna be like $35k and up prolly for a stage 1 with reasonable miles on it... if in my seach i find on for around $25k with under 30k on it... its prolly mine... then save up for stage 2... and what ever other stage they want to put on it for me...

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by H8machine
    Cool message with facts! Very good! But as i said: Cobras seems to match with F-Bodys but Mustang GT's are slower than an equal Camaro Z28.
    I would hope that a Cobra can match an Fbody, They are fu&*ing SUPERCHARGED. Now put that same boost on a z28 and run them. No matter how you look at it "there is no replacement for displacement"

1966 Corvette Coupe

well lets drop a 351 in a stang and see what it does... oh wait saleen did... ford supercharged it fromt he factory... yay for them... gm doesnt do fun stuff... tough...

thats not even an arguement... thats like saying yeah but the ferrari has a v12... yeah thats what makes it a damn ferrari...

would you bitch that a lightening can spank an SS silverado? i hope not chevy just didnt have the balls to supercharge the SS...

I'm a pontiac guy... if i can gm all the way bros... but if a term was the same price and carried the same insurance that an ss does... there would be a term in my damn garage... purely cause im in it for the power... and with a 70 hp gap ford could win my heart over... oh and saying a rustang is always a pusstang... yeah thats like comparing a firehawk to a firebird... ones the king of the skys and the other cant even fly over a fence...

and there is a replace ment for displacement... its called a fucking supercharger...

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6
    I would hope that a Cobra can match an Fbody, They are fu&*ing SUPERCHARGED. Now put that same boost on a z28 and run them. No matter how you look at it "there is no replacement for displacement"
    Do it then. Build one.

I'm tired of the GM guy "well if we had a supercharger" like a bunch of whiney females

You don't hear me bitching about lack of cubes, then again there's really not much to bitch about when your smoking F-bodies left and right by train lengths

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

If you are tired of GM guys talking then get the fuck off of a GM oriented website, simple enough. We have plenty of cool mustang guys in here, we respect them and they respect us, we don't need you in here starting shit in every thread that we mention a mustang in. For two years there was ONE model of stang that could take an f-body, who gives a shit

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    If you are tired of GM guys talking then get the fuck off of a GM oriented website, simple enough. We have plenty of cool mustang guys in here, we respect them and they respect us, we don't need you in here starting shit in every thread that we mention a mustang in. For two years there was ONE model of stang that could take an f-body, who gives a shit

I've owned 3 LS1s tough guy, including a C5 I just here to give the stangs a little respect that seems to be lacking by close minded 18 year old F body owners

BTW there's about 16,000-20,000 of that model of stang running around

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

You aren't here asking for respect, you're here talking trash in every thread there is a difference. I am soooo proud of you for there being 16000-20000 of em. Since that matters, there are almost 170,000 LS1 F-bodies, not to mention 5 years worth of LT1s on the road. Let's see, 400000 of us and 20000 thousand of you, good point you made there.

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

I wasn't aware they were all slow........considering the ONLY ls1's that I've raced that were close to me had extensive motor work and or needed N20
    Isn't your 03 cobra supercharged? Vs a stock ls1, shouldn't that be obvious? Race a supercharged ls1 of equal boost and wouldn't that be a better comparison.

EDIT.....Just read the entire post.........I don't necessarily agree but points taken, I guess there is no even comparison, there will always be variables................
    Last edited by Transcoupled; 12-31-2005 at 03:26 PM.

Isn't your 03 cobra supercharged? Vs a stock ls1, shouldn't that be obvious? Race a supercharged ls1 of equal boost and wouldn't that be a better comparison
    Isn't that like saying a Mustang GT has 281 and an LS1 camaro has a 350 isnt it obvious? give a mustang 350 cubes wouldn't that be a better comparison

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

why is the 350Z as fast or faster than a gt then with it's V6, engine size is a weak arguement. If it were all about size we would all have 502s

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Quote Originally Posted by Gbodyolds
    Isn't that like saying a Mustang GT has 281 and an LS1 camaro has a 350 isnt it obvious? give a mustang 350 cubes wouldn't that be a better comparison
    yes it would, my point exactly, just finished editing.....reread please..........so how do we solve this? Hmmmm 69or so cubes vs a power adder, someone do the math for me.
    Last edited by Transcoupled; 12-31-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    You aren't here asking for respect, you're here talking trash in every thread there is a difference. I am soooo proud of you for there being 16000-20000 of em. Since that matters, there are almost 170,000 LS1 F-bodies, not to mention 5 years worth of LT1s on the road. Let's see, 400000 of us and 20000 thousand of you, good point you made there.

No trash talking, this is fact talking.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

TO me all f-bods are slow until you dump tons of money in em
    Go for it dude Dump 11k in your car, then it will be worth 13k when your done
    . . .then again there's really not much to bitch about when your smoking F-bodies left and right by train lengths
    nope no trash talking in that, I must have been stupid to take it that way

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information