Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Black
    2004 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    ^ I love me a good Termi, but that is why I won't buy one. First off, I wouldn't want forged from the get go. I would want to buy my own. I am going to buy my own, from a better aftermarket company, the best they make.

LS1 = 1
    Termi = 0

No replacement for displacement is the bottom end.

LS1 = 2
    Termi = 0

Looks, could go either way. I think the Termi's look crazy sweet.

LS1 = 3
    Termi = 1

Just my .02. I may own a Cobra some day, when my Maro is complete how I want it. Aftermarket is the way to go, for parts. I wouldn't want my motor, S/C or Forged, I would want to do it myself. Again, not hating, just IMHO.
    One of the nice things about a Terminator motor is it has great grunt like big blocks of old. What is the displacement of a Terminator motor?
    I had the IRS modded to get rid of wheel hop which these cars are notorious for. It tears up half-shafts and the rear end. Also an IRS cover brace is a plus. Once you fix the IRS or convert to solid axle, game over from a dig.
    Jeff

Black
    '99 WS6 - Sold

Just courious what the normal "bolt on mods" makes for rwhp for a WS6 or SS? I cant imagine many beating the normal 460rwhp bolt on cobra on the street...

Black
    2004 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by thuss239 View Post
    Just courious what the normal "bolt on mods" makes for rwhp for a WS6 or SS? I cant imagine many beating the normal 460rwhp bolt on cobra on the street...
    Not sure about the GM's
    Ford lied about the true HP. Supposed to be 390 crank. With just a CAI my car put down 419 RWHP on a Dynojet about 50 ft. above sea level. Then again it weighs 36xx lbs.
    The biggest problem with Terminators is getting the power to the ground.
    That's why the IRS now has Derlin, urethane bushings, Griggs GR-40 suspension w/ adjustable Koni coil overs, tubular K-member full length subs, Brembo GT's and an IRS cover brace. Not really much Ford left underneath the car.
    Jeff

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    Just Repping Ford
    reppin ford on a GM site?........

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I would say, a bolt on F-Body vs Bolt on Cobra, the Cobra takes the cake. I would also say that a bolt on F-Body is looking at maybe 380 rwhp with total bolt ons. They are both demons of different worlds. Totally different cars.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    reppin ford on a GM site?........
    YUp

of what I seen of it takes a lot to for a 383 stroker to take out a cobra and if it does then thats when the Whipple or Kennebell comes in to play with out even having to build the engine up! unless you want to shut down the competition and pull out the 3.4 whipple or 2.8H KenneBell

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

YUp

of what I seen of it takes a lot to for a 383 stroker to take out a cobra and if it does then thats when the Whipple or Kennebell comes in to play with out even having to build the engine up! unless you want to shut down the competition and pull out the 3.4 whipple or 2.8H KenneBell
    Oh, 383 isn't all I am doing. Or at least have planned in my head. (money flow is very inconsistant). I am doing a low compression 383 with turbo or ATI. Would like a TT setup but know that really isn't what I would want in the long run. (Spur of the moment) But then again, the Ford is already S/C then having to go aftermarket with a S/C. It really is like comparing Apples to Oranges. But I do like your guys attitudes, you Cobra owners on this thread sound better then the guys on previous threads. Either way, the more you pay, the more you play

NBM
    98 trans am

YUp

i paid 9k for my 98 t/a couple thousand dollars later i have a 12 second car. how much did you pay for your 12 second car? 20-25k? might as well go ahead and buy a gt500! you can pay even more for just a 12 second car! genius!

NBM
    98 trans am

YUp

but then again it all comes to run what you brought, and American muscle beats rice any day

Black
    03 Cobra

i paid 9k for my 98 t/a couple thousand dollars later i have a 12 second car. how much did you pay for your 12 second car? 20-25k? might as well go ahead and buy a gt500! you can pay even more for just a 12 second car! genius!
    try 11s, if you guys want to go with low pricing then a foxbody 5.0 would cost like 2-5K and 89-92 5.0s came with forged internals and could handle 450+Hp easy and with 10K or less it's light out!

I had a 85 5.0 hatch payed $2,800 for it and put in like 3-4.5K and was taking out ss easy
    Last edited by mike302; 06-28-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

kids these days.....

10's N/A

Some of you guys are forgetting the fact that your are comparing a forced-induction car to a naturally aspirated V8! A 65-cubic-inch displacement advantage is not going to balance the efficiency of a supercharged motor. It's funny how you never heard of the '96-'98, '99 & '01 Cobra owners comparing their cars to the LS1's - only up until Ford wen't the factory supercharged route. Why do you think they chose that route? Duh...

It sometimes seems like i'm the only guy around here that doesn't have to sweat a terminator...I chose the power adder route, and I drive an LT1 car. I can't wait to see more LS1 guys invest in their short blocks so they can put up better #'s then these little 281-cubed Ford motors put out!

try 11s, if you guys want to go with low pricing then a foxbody 5.0 would cost like 2-5K and 89-92 5.0s came with forged internals and could handle 450+Hp easy and with 10K or less it's light out!

I had a 85 5.0 hatch payed $2,800 for it and put in like 3-4.5K and was taking out ss easy
    Lights out huh? Unless your running 10's, it looks like it's going to be lights out for you! 250# jet's in now...I am in Sacramento, not to far from you...Wanna race???
    Last edited by N20LT4; 06-29-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I can't wait either, til I can dump money into my car. N20LT4 Slowly but surely I am getting there.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Some of you guys are forgetting the fact that your are comparing a forced-induction car to a naturally aspirated V8! A 65-cubic-inch displacement advantage is not going to balance the efficiency of a supercharged motor. It's funny how you never heard of the '96-'98, '99 & '01 Cobra owners comparing their cars to the LS1's - only up until Ford wen't the factory supercharged route. Why do you think they chose that route? Duh...

It sometimes seems like i'm the only guy around here that doesn't have to sweat a terminator...I chose the power adder route, and I drive an LT1 car. I can't wait to see more LS1 guys invest in their short blocks so they can put up better #'s then these little 281-cubed Ford motors put out!

they just wanted to try something new I guess with the S/C route, have you heard of the 2000 Cobra R making 385HP all motor out the factory??????

Ford could make some good power naturally aspirated!!!!

and for the 96-01 cobras, they 96-98was the competition for the older camaros once the 01-03 ss came out then yes the 99 and up cobras were not enough, they didn't do much to them because they were already starting up the idea for the 03-04 cobras and were holding off for those bad boys to shut down the competition

Lights out huh? Unless your running 10's, it looks like it's going to be lights out for you! 250# jet's in now...I am in Sacramento, not to far from you...Wanna race???
    Nitrous huh thats what it takes

Let me bolt this up and some other goodies up that I have at home and lets play then:

Last edited by mike302; 06-29-2008 at 06:06 AM.

Black
    '99 WS6 - Sold

9K is a good deal, it must have a lot of miles on the clock. What mods do you have?

And a GT500 is nowhere near 20-25k, more like 50k...do your homework genius!
    Last edited by thuss239; 06-29-2008 at 06:25 AM.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by thuss239 View Post
    9K is a good deal, it must have a lot of miles on the clock. What mods do you have?

And a GT500 is nowhere near 20-25k, more like 50k...do your homework genius!
    notice i said you can pay even more genius

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Ok, I am going to try to end this. Lets see how this goes. You are comparing a Forced Induction vs. N/A. What do you think is going to win. Yes the LS1 is more cubes. But it isn't enough cubes to over compansate for the S/C. Ford acually knew what they were doing with the Cobra (for once). The Cobra is a great car, I would certainly drive one. But the LS1 has much more potential. People with aftermarket S/C on their Cobras, plus the Cobra being much more expensive to get your hands on it, equals disaster. For the heavily modded Cobra owners, think about the money that is dumped into the Cobra. Right away, its just a little bit to make crazy power. But then as diff S/C come into play and such, it is all out the window. For the price of a Cobra, and to HEAVILY MOD it, I could buy a LS1 with crazy high miles. Build a 383 TT setup and it is out the window for Ford. More Cubes, equals more power ALL THE TIME. No replacement for displacment. Either way, both are better then rice. Either way, both are awesome cars. Either way, both can be super crazy. And just for the Cobra owners to note. Fastest CAM ONLY INTERNAL MOD F-Body runs low 10's. Its just how much you want to pay. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

Black
    03 Cobra

we could get along all I said was my opinion, also with just like 2-3K a cobra could be a 10 sec car with the right driver and traction
    Last edited by mike302; 06-29-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Black
    2002 WS6

Where the F*ck did all these Cobra people cum from i thot this was a LS1 website? Is this now a debate between Ford and GM r u serious?! They always bin a step behind!! Compare the 02 WS6 vs 02 Cobra oh wait they didnt have one. They had to figure out how to compete with the LS1 and they couldnt do it all Motor so they had to add a WHAT SUPERCHARGER please GM=better,stronger motors

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Like I said, you Cobra owners on this thread are much better then some of the other threads. Not bashing any of you, you guys have nice cars. I would certainly own a Cobra if my Maro didn't take all of my money and I could find one that is a reasonable price around my area. Last Cobra I saw in my area was 25K and a Vert. I hate Verts, never owned one, never will. But that is just my .02. Believe it or not, I hate my T-tops. Wish I would have had a hard top. And regardless of what brand you drive, when modding comes into play. All brands go out the window, because it is no longer all stock.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information