Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    1999 SS

SRT8 Grand vs 99' SS

Well lets just say I couldnt hook, but damn those think launch like a bat out of hell! So this morning I was on my way in to work to finish up some stuff whatever. Sippin on my coffee pull up to a red light. This kid like 20 at most, comes out of no where, had to of seen me and wanted to race. He looks over, I smile. Light turns green, I feather out of first, get on it hard, pretty much dumped into second, ass end goes out, damn! Feather it back, shift into third, there was no way I was going to catch up to him. We were accelling at the same rate after I finally got traction at like 45. I shut down at 85. So just my luck, light 2! We talk a bit, I wanted a stab at a roll (my kumho's hook for shit and their about down to the tread marker and it was only 50 degrees out. So it turns green, and the kid just punches it, dumb little shit must thought a roll was a race or somethin. So anyways I get on it and hook better , still not good, god I cant wait for my g force KDW NT's! Sure as shit after I am back down to speed theres a cop posted on the side of the road. Let's just say it was not a good area to race HWY 7 in minnetonka if anyone's familiar. I thought o shit i hope nobody called us in!
    All in all it was fun.
    Last edited by MnLS1; 05-17-2008 at 09:04 AM.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MnLS1 View Post
    Light turns red, I feather out of first, get on it hard, pretty much dumped into second, ass end goes out, damn!
    You might have better luck if you wait till the light turns GREEN!

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

That race doesn't count. You both redlighted.

White
    1999 SS

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    You might have better luck if you wait till the light turns GREEN!
    lol, you know what i mean! I changed it for ya, if he would raced from like 20 or 25, i think i wouldve took him, i can actually hook then. (4.10's+bald kumhos@50 degress=no hook). I know excuses excuses, it was still fun though

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Those SuV's are crazy man. Good race though, from a roll maybe you would have got him.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I want an srt8 cherokee to bad they suck the gas

Black
    01 Camaro SS

They're no slouch on the roll either. I've surprised a few cars rolling along. Latest one was a LS2 Goat the other night.... He wouldn't talk to me, just yelled "I knew thats what that was! I freakin knew it!!!"

But yea, don't race them from a dig. You stand no chance on the street.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Black
    2000 Z-28

Yeah they run low 13's stock don't they? I guess they must have awd also to hook that well from a dig.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Yes, low 13s stock and awd, if you want to call it that. Its like a 5/95 split but it still hooks great.

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

If it weren't for visiting these damn chevy websites, I would have bought one. I didn't know much about them when I bought the tb. Huge mistake. I was at the shop recently and a guy had one. It had paper plates and thack numbers on it, lol. He said it ran a 12.98 bone stock.
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

Black
    01 Camaro SS

If you just want a sporty truck off the floor, the JGC is definitely the way to go. If you want to actually use the utility part of it, like I do, the TBSS is definitely the way to go. If you want to go really fast in a SUV, the TBSS is the way to go. 2 outta 3 FTW....

A 12.98 in one of them bone stock is like going 13.5 in one of ours. It can happen, but its so few and far between and the weather has to be GREAT.

Either way, they're both badass SUV's. Mine's just bolt on's and is nothing to mess w/ on the street unless you can make up some serious ground after 60mph.

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Anyway you cut it, they're at least a second faster in the 1/4 on average. My wife's is fully loaded but luckily the speed made up for the terrible interior. The srt has a very nice interior and badass seats. I've been debating for a couple of months about installing a cam and stall. I'm just too worried about the weak tranny.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Everyone I raced had been a .5 faster then me stock for stock.

Yes, you have to spend money on the trans before you go doin a cam or it will go, just a matter of time, probably short time.

Me=Threadjacker.... I apologize.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Those Jeeps are ridiculous. I watched one go 11.98 at the track. He was on the brakes at the 1000 ft.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

MNLS1 I live in plymouth/minnetonka area I have seen one of those runn'in around here latly although I have never lined up w/ it yet I have been eager to test the waters w/ it in my car, none the less they are bad ass BTW not a good HWY to race on LoL

White
    1999 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    MNLS1 I live in plymouth/minnetonka area I have seen one of those runn'in around here latly although I have never lined up w/ it yet I have been eager to test the waters w/ it in my car, none the less they are bad ass BTW not a good HWY to race on LoL
    I know, HWY 7 is horrible, damn addrenalin! lol. Was it a black SRT8? Man i wish I could have gotten a stab at a roll, it would have been close I think

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by MnLS1 View Post
    I know, HWY 7 is horrible, damn addrenalin! lol. Was it a black SRT8? Man i wish I could have gotten a stab at a roll, it would have been close I think
    ya iv seen a black one runn'in around here, they are always slamm'in at stop lights and driving all fast I usually see them either on HWY 55 or rockford road in plymouth, BTW i'm surprized I have'nt seen that sweet white SS drive'in around you drive it often?, I dont really ever see fellow V8 f-body owners around here I feel like the only one in a red ram-air trans-am in this part of town I rarely ever see any...camaro V8 or T/a.....
    Last edited by 1 RedHot TransAm; 05-23-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: added something

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

I saw a car that looks just like yers parked at a auto shop called ASI that would'nt happen to be yours would it? I get my oil changed there now and then when I dont have time to do it...had the same rims and everything...

02 M3

Nice rides, still feel heavy though, because they are of course.

And with 4$/gallon, nothing better than 12s at the track and on the highway! Take it cruising around town and enjoy 9mpg.

We should look to Lotus, not Rolls for our performance ideas...I mean what makes the Z06 so great....is what's not there....weight.

Joe

White
    1999 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    I saw a car that looks just like yers parked at a auto shop called ASI that would'nt happen to be yours would it? I get my oil changed there now and then when I dont have time to do it...had the same rims and everything...
    ya! my buddies uncle owns it, and a guy there put on my headers, clutch all for cash on a side job. He did my headers, clutch, master, and slave for like $450. One of my friends brother works there, he is good shit. I work by ridgedale, and live in waconia. So i usually dont drive around much, just basically on 494 and 7

Thread Information